Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

I bought a lemon and now need some help.

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I bought a lemon and now need some help.

My son just turned 15 and wanted to get into archery and for his birthday we got him a new bow, So I then wanted to get back into shooting. It has been 12 years since i had a bow, so I did some research looked around and found a nice Elite Z-28 ready to go. My bad, I bought it used because I could not afford a new elite bow. it was all set up sights and rest, I took bow in to local shop to get a d loop and found out both cams were bent and top limb is cracked. I can guess how it happened but don't want to think about it. Any way I spent $400 on a bow that is pretty much good for a paper weight. Does anybody have any cams, limbs that are good that they can sell cheap? Can anyone help me out or tell what should I do. There is a 3-d shoot my son and I want to go to in May and hope I can get it fixed by then. Thanks for any advice or help

Not sure if the warranty will still apply on an apparent dryfire or not. I would talk with customer service first before doing anything else.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk

Comment

I would be talking to the person I bought it from! Did you buy online?

Comment

If you bought the bow on E bay or AT you can get your money back.
        Don't let it slide. $400.00 is $400.00!!!
        2014 E32
        2011 PULSE AP
        TUNER OF BOWS BY LONG DISTANCE
        Member of the JURY MEMBER OF THE LEFTY BROTHERHOOD

"If it ain't broke , I can MAKE it better".
        Integrity is doing the right thing when no one is looking.

Comment

Originally posted by DustyRx View Post
          I would be talking to the person I bought it from! Did you buy online?
          wish i could it was a local ad and guess he does not want to answer phone now, I am bummed I'm sure he knew what was up, I was just so excited when i saw it, I bought it and ran over to shoot it with no luck !!

Comment

Yeah don't drop that as lesson learned. I'd be doing whatever you can to get the money back.
            E35 Max 1
            2010 Z28 Max 1
            Target rig...To Be Announced

Comment

sorry for the delete

I have a set of 6 layer Barnsdale limbs, 135 deflection (60lb on a Z)(fall leaf camo) that will get you started back to having a Great bow.

check the axles also. roll those on a piece of glass and listen for a thunk thunk sound. ( or not rolling smoothly)
              Abstracted Member of the TEXAS BOYS

Comment

Originally posted by semjam View Post
                My son just turned 15 and wanted to get into archery and for his birthday we got him a new bow, So I then wanted to get back into shooting. It has been 12 years since i had a bow, so I did some research looked around and found a nice Elite Z-28 ready to go. My bad, I bought it used because I could not afford a new elite bow. it was all set up sights and rest, I took bow in to local shop to get a d loop and found out both cams were bent and top limb is cracked. I can guess how it happened but don't want to think about it. Any way I spent $400 on a bow that is pretty much good for a paper weight. Does anybody have any cams, limbs that are good that they can sell cheap? Can anyone help me out or tell what should I do. There is a 3-d shoot my son and I want to go to in May and hope I can get it fixed by then. Thanks for any advice or help
                Number 7 cams and its an 08z? I got a call the other day.. almost the same story. you from Washington?
                No ifs and or buts Just maybee.

Comment

Yes I am from WA, John at R&H is a great guy and has been trying to help me get it fixed.

Comment

Yes I am from WA, John at R&H is a great guy and has been trying to help me get it fixed.
                    Thought so. He called me and I dont have what you need. but call elite if you can tomorrow. they are not crazy on rev cams. limbs you might find in the classifieds. maybe cams too.

Comment

do i have to specify what weight for cams or limbs or both ? or if an ad says rev cams for z28 that is all I need ?

Comment

Is the draw length correct for you with these cams?
                        2011 Pure Sno AT 29/60
                        Frequent Frankenbower

Comment

do i have to specify what weight for cams or limbs or both ? or if an ad says rev cams for z28 that is all I need ?
                          Pm me your number. Im heading to Hermiston Saturday maybe we can hook up so I can see what it needs. Any Rev cam for the GT500 even will work. If the draw length fits.

Comment

what number rev cams do you need?

Comment

Originally posted by J Bird View Post
                              what number rev cams do you need?
                              Looks like he needs 7's. He has a WTB ad in the classies.
                              E35 Max 1
                              2010 Z28 Max 1
                              Target rig...To Be Announced

Comment

Working...
                              X