Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A GREAT post from Kevin

Originally posted by Elite_Kevin

I can see where people always want the latest, greatest, newest thing on the market, but would you like me to stop designing new models just so that is what you have?

If I stopped working on new products just so you have the latest, greatest, newest model that new model would have another companies name on it.

I am always working on something "new", the decision to bring these out now was a necessary evil. But you still have a great bow. Look at the thread regarding the "favorite" Elite bow. The GTO didn't get 100% of the vote because everyone is different.

What I like in a bow you may hate, so if you liked the GTO enough to order one you must have liked something about it, you may hate the new bows, or you disliked the GTO and didn't buy one and now you may love the new ones.

In 5 months this line would have been out anyway so you would have had a "old" outdated as some say, bow then. Or would you have rather us spend every dollar fighting a bogus patent suit and go out of business, then what would you have, a bow with no warranty. Several companies through out the history of archery have taken this route. Not the route we wanted to travel. We like making bows, not sitting in a courtroom.

It's like having a child and picking your battles, instead of making the patent attorneys richer we chose to stay in business and build new product and keep your warranty in place.

Here is the link to the original post:

http://www.elitearchery.com/forums/s...&postcount=207

I just thought the post was too good to be lost in the pages of another thread.
    ELITE NINJA GT500 - 80lb Crackerized
    2008 ELITE AIGIL - 70lb

Nice post, Kevin!

I work for Honda and if I told you new model development for the 2010, 2011, and 2012 models isn't under way, I'd be a liar. Now, of course you'd like to keep the new ideas secret. A new model change doesn't mean a totally redesigned product everytime.

For example: The Z-28 is not even here yet, but if you found out that in early 2009 the Z-27 would be released, (Z-27 because it has a 7" brace height), would you order a Z-28 now? Probably not, and what would that do for the sales of the current Z-28? (Just an example guys, don't get excited!)

You either move forward or get passed by.

I commend Kevin & Co. for taking the high road here and realizing that a patent infraction, whether a reality or not, is not worth the demise of a company that is on a fast-track to being successful.

It is not time for Elite to sit still though.

While everyone can surely understand the resoning of the decision to release these new bows, there are surely those who are going to be caught in the middle and thus unhappy. It is how Elite handles these situations that will tell a lot about where this company intends to go in the future. I have faith that each and every dealer and customer who thinks they have been treated unfairly will be dealt with to resolve the situation in a manner suitable to both parties.

This is why I posted another thread about the transition from the 2008's to the newer models. There are customers and dealers that are going to be caught in the middle of this. I was just throwing an idea out there.

Elite has taken the high road in this situation, as hard as it may be. There isn't any reason for any of us to believe they won't once again take the high road to correct any issues this decision may have caused.

It is a process, so have some patience.
    ELITE NINJA GT500 - 80lb Crackerized
    2008 ELITE AIGIL - 70lb

Comment

that pretty much says it all,,, +1
      Elite Ninja GTO 70# 28.5 dl 412 grain Victory Arrow 303fps.
      Special thanks to::Joe Jacks,Jerry,Jim Posten,Proline strings,JCMorgan,BoCoMo,Git-A-Grip via Bloodtrail,and last but not least Tough Antler Tees all you guys are terrific.
      http://www.tightspotquiver.com/ http://www.jimposten.com/index.html
      http://www.southshorearcherysupply.com/
      http://www.gitagrip.com/ http://www.cafepress.com/toughantlertees

Comment

Bravo Kevin.
        2014 E32
        2011 PULSE AP
        TUNER OF BOWS BY LONG DISTANCE
        Member of the JURY MEMBER OF THE LEFTY BROTHERHOOD

"If it ain't broke , I can MAKE it better".
        Integrity is doing the right thing when no one is looking.

Comment

Great post.. I totally agree with Kevin and the E-Team. Bringing out the 09 lineup early is just another step forward.. They are doing what they need to do to keep going forward and doing a great job of it...

I will continue to support Elite and shoot my ''OLD'' bows... I just love the GTO. I can not shoot it enough...

NJBB

Comment

Originally posted by nstrut View Post
            I work for Honda and if I told you new model development for the 2010, 2011, and 2012 models isn't under way, I'd be a liar. Now, of course you'd like to keep the new ideas secret. A new model change doesn't mean a totally redesigned product everytime.

For example: The Z-28 is not even here yet, but if you found out that in early 2009 the Z-27 would be released, (Z-27 because it has a 7" brace height), would you order a Z-28 now? Probably not, and what would that do for the sales of the current Z-28? (Just an example guys, don't get excited!)

You either move forward or get passed by.

I commend Kevin & Co. for taking the high road here and realizing that a patent infraction, whether a reality or not, is not worth the demise of a company that is on a fast-track to being successful.

It is not time for Elite to sit still though.

While everyone can surely understand the resoning of the decision to release these new bows, there are surely those who are going to be caught in the middle and thus unhappy. It is how Elite handles these situations that will tell a lot about where this company intends to go in the future. I have faith that each and every dealer and customer who thinks they have been treated unfairly will be dealt with to resolve the situation in a manner suitable to both parties.

This is why I posted another thread about the transition from the 2008's to the newer models. There are customers and dealers that are going to be caught in the middle of this. I was just throwing an idea out there.

Elite has taken the high road in this situation, as hard as it may be. There isn't any reason for any of us to believe they won't once again take the high road to correct any issues this decision may have caused.

It is a process, so have some patience.
            Yes it is a process, but we dealers need open and honest detailed communication, which we have not gotten before the fact. My bank account got hit for nearly 6K in the last 10 days for discontinued bows. This has put my shop in a very bad situation and I need real answers about exactly what "working with dealers mean" .I was shipped 7 bows all year long, but I got 10 GTO's since 4/28?? I need answers now. They didn't wait to take my 6k. They didn't wait to ship me 10 discontinued bows, and they shouldn't wait to let the dealers know what the heck is going on.

Comment

I think sadly enough Elite might get away with screwing the dealers. The industry is shifting towards internet and box stores sales and sticking it to the little guys as they just did might not hurt them in the long run. However I would advise that a couple more backhanded stunts like what has transpired thus far and they might end up with nobody to represent their product...perhaps they will be known as the "bobby bonds of the archery world"...Ben

Comment

I would personally wait (for the Z-27) because I want that 12 fps of speed back in a shorter ATA bow. Good post Kevin!!!
                Change is Mandatory - Growth is Optional

Comment

I guess more than anything i hope that this is the end of Kevin skating on thin ice as far as patent issues go. Elite would not be in this position if kevin did not put them there. Keep in mind this may be a never ending battle if he is not granted a patent on this cam system. Elite may be chasing their tails for a long time if this is not put to bed for good. I for one hope it is cause i love the bows and the customer service i have received to this point. No one can refute the fact that his bows flat out perform but there are areas he can do better. Just my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by N.E.D View Post
                    Yes it is a process, but we dealers need open and honest detailed communication, which we have not gotten before the fact. My bank account got hit for nearly 6K in the last 10 days for discontinued bows. This has put my shop in a very bad situation and I need real answers about exactly what "working with dealers mean" .I was shipped 7 bows all year long, but I got 10 GTO's since 4/28?? I need answers now. They didn't wait to take my 6k. They didn't wait to ship me 10 discontinued bows, and they shouldn't wait to let the dealers know what the heck is going on.
                    very good points. Will be very interesting to see how this turns out. I hope it means bows that dont have to be shipped to two guys that can make them perform.
                    HuntingChat.net

Comment

Originally posted by Playingthewind View Post
                      I guess more than anything i hope that this is the end of Kevin skating on thin ice as far as patent issues go. Elite would not be in this position if kevin did not put them there. Keep in mind this may be a never ending battle if he is not granted a patent on this cam system. Elite may be chasing their tails for a long time if this is not put to bed for good. I for one hope it is cause i love the bows and the customer service i have received to this point. No one can refute the fact that his bows flat out perform but there are areas he can do better. Just my opinion.
                      1) And just where would they be without a designer like Kevin?
                      2) Then why do you keep complaining?? Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't you purchase yet another "old, outdated, discontinued" Envy?? And yet in previous posts you are appalled that the GTO is discontinued??
                      Chuck Norris and Mr. T walked into a bar. The bar was instantly destroyed, as that level of awesome cannot be contained in one building.

Comment

Originally posted by N.E.D View Post
                        This has been my ***** all along. The guys that don't get it are not dealers. The guy that says so what, is not sitting on 5-10 thousand dollars of now outdated bows. Thye simply will not sell like before it is simple as that. If it is no big deal to Kevin i suggested yesterday then he would not mind all the dealers sending the GTO's back for credit on the new bows. I doubt he will agree to do that so maybe it is a big deal. Again the dealers are caught holding the bag not the consumer,not the guy that has one he is going to use for a year or two and not the dealer that orders one now and then, it is the real dealer that stocks the bows that has a problem.

Comment

Originally posted by FEDIE316 View Post
                          1) And just where would they be without a designer like Kevin?
                          2) Then why do you keep complaining?? Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't you purchase yet another "old, outdated, discontinued" Envy?? And yet in previous posts you are appalled that the GTO is discontinued??
                          You need to go back and show me anywhere i have said i am appalled with discontinueing the GTO. Bows are discontinued every year but not without notice or at years end not after 5 months and no communication as to such. This is about dealers caught holding the bag. And i am sure you don't have several of these sitting on your shelf that you have to now try and move. And i am not complaining i am stating facts. Oh yes i did buy another oudated Envy for exactly half price of it when new. A dealer can not sell outdatred GTO's for half price and stay in business long.

Comment

I will be curious to see if this turns into a class action law suit from the dealers. It seems to have that type of flavor to it. Never boring that is for sure....

Comment

Originally posted by Playingthewind View Post
                              You need to go back and show me anywhere i have said i am appalled with discontinueing the GTO. Bows are discontinued every year but not without notice or at years end not after 5 months and no communication as to such. This is about dealers caught holding the bag. And i am sure you don't have several of these sitting on your shelf that you have to now try and move. And i am not complaining i am stating facts.
                              How do you know this??? I think this is purely speculation at this point! They JUST released the info Friday afternoon, don't you think you should wait until tomorrow and call them and ask what is going to happen? I apologize, I should not have said "appalled" that probably wasn't the word you used in SEVERAL of your posts about having a "new in the box" GTO that isn't worth squat now but yet apparently another old, discontinued model is worth something to YOU!
                              Chuck Norris and Mr. T walked into a bar. The bar was instantly destroyed, as that level of awesome cannot be contained in one building.

Comment

Working...
                              X