Lens power

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lens power

I am going to buy a scope for a CBE sight and wanted to know what lens power I need to get or if I need one at all.
    it is going to be for 3d and target only. I have never shot with a lens or able to preview prioir to buying.

Thanks

I would go to 4X as start, and than go up, as you get accustomed to the magnification of the lense. Anything with more power in the start, and you will have problems with sight picture looking like you are shaking too much.
    Archery Club Kosutnjak, Belgrade Serbia

Elite Tour 2012; York Silvertip

Comment

Originally posted by B_R View Post
      I would go to 4X as start, and than go up, as you get accustomed to the magnification of the lense. Anything with more power in the start, and you will have problems with sight picture looking like you are shaking too much.
      Cool. Thanks bud

Comment

Does anybody use a lens for hunting?

Comment

I have a 4x lens on my backup bow which I used a few times, when weather was perfect. I've heard many stories where weather would cause a problem so I was afraid to use on primary bow. I'm anxious to hear if any body uses one for hunting also. I really like having a 4x when I'm shooting in the yard, especially at longer distances.
          09 GT500 29/70- getting old , now a 60
          09 Z 28 29/70 now a 60
          Pulse- 29/60 - gone but still in Family
          E 35 29.5/60

Comment

In my opinion, a lens is nice for target shooting, but for 3D it just caused too much movement for me. Also, if you are shooting 3D outdoors, the lens can become a distraction if the weather is not good, .Remember, if you get a lens, you are going to need a peep that will accept a clarifier. The only real way to know if a lens will work for you is to shoot one for a while, I shot one for two years and got rid of it and now I am shooting better then ever. One other thing, I partially blame the lens for giving me target panic. All the movement made me get anxious with my shots.
            2008.5 XLR
            2010 Z28
            2011 Pure
            2011 Tour

Comment

I shoot a 3x power for 3d and target no clarfier needed and it works fine for me but everyone is different find someone who has a couple lenses that are different powers and see what suits you before buying.You may also want to get a specialty peep with differnt size apertures you may have to drill one out to fit your sight housing that will help you alot you will get into some money playing with this unless you know someone who has the stuff you need to try before you buy.
              Last edited by Done Right; 03-31-2012, 10:07 AM.
              2014 Engery 35 RTX
              2011Pulse 29 60 Snow
              2012Tour 29 60 Blue
              2013 Pulse 29 65 Ninja
              2014 Blue E35 29 60
              2014 Black & Sno E32 29 60

Dealer for Stage1 strings
              Dealer for b2 bowstrings

Comment

Originally posted by mfr22@msn.com View Post
                In my opinion, a lens is nice for target shooting, but for 3D it just caused too much movement for me. Also, if you are shooting 3D outdoors, the lens can become a distraction if the weather is not good, .Remember, if you get a lens, you are going to need a peep that will accept a clarifier. The only real way to know if a lens will work for you is to shoot one for a while, I shot one for two years and got rid of it and now I am shooting better then ever. One other thing, I partially blame the lens for giving me target panic. All the movement made me get anxious with my shots.
                I didn't think about the target panic thing with a lens. maybe I would be smart to just get the sight housing without a lens and see if I want to try it later! THX

Comment

Originally posted by Done Right View Post
                  I shoot a 3x power for 3d and target no clarfier needed and it works fine for me but everyone is different find someone who has a couple lenses that are different powers and see what suits you before buying.You may also want to get a specialty peep with differnt size apertures you may have to drill one out to fit your sight housing that will help you alot you will get into some money playing with this unless you know some who has the stuff you need to try before you buy.
                  Good advice! Thanks

Comment

Dave living where you do Id probably go with out a lens. When you do see the sun its bright and hard to see in the shade. also rain make seeing hard not to mention fog in a 4 power lens is like a sheet over the scope.
                    I have some different scopes your welcome to check out. 2x is awesome for learning though. Just make sure you get a scope with an up pin. you can remove the lens if you dont like it.
                    No ifs and or buts Just maybee.

Comment

Originally posted by Maybee-R View Post
                      Dave living where you do Id probably go with out a lens. When you do see the sun its bright and hard to see in the shade. also rain make seeing hard not to mention fog in a 4 power lens is like a sheet over the scope.
                      I have some different scopes your welcome to check out. 2x is awesome for learning though. Just make sure you get a scope with an up pin. you can remove the lens if you dont like it.
                      Thanks Rick, I am going to go without a lens and if I want to try one down the road then I will take you up on your offer.

Comment

Good idea Irish . Try without first . Ever since I tryed one my eyes have been like this .
                        2010 GT500 , 2011 snow Pure [ Fire , wifes bow ] Retrieverfishing's Custom string field staff

Comment

Originally posted by thumper View Post
                          Good idea Irish . Try without first . Ever since I tryed one my eyes have been like this .
                          Ha Ha, I needed a good laugh!

Comment

Working...
                          X