X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cable serving separation on new Tour

I got my tour 4 weeks ago, and since than I shot about 600 arrows, 2 trainings and two competitions. On the last competition I noticed that cable serving separated on both top and bottom cam. What do you think I should do? My first idea was to continue shooting it, and that is confirmed in Kevin post from 2008, http://www.elitearchery.com/forums/s...-strings/page3 posts 28 and 30, which I found on the forum, but on the other side, Murphy never sleeps.

Here are the pics.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	724423c1b8f0cf5e787bf5d20ba42236.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	43.4 KB
ID:	25565Click image for larger version

Name:	ca948340df7eb96f25d8f3f7683911ac.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	43.2 KB
ID:	25566

Elite and dealer I bought it from are to far away over the pond, so shipping bow back for service is out of the question, and anyway, Elite doesn't warranty strings.

I am thinking of reserving, but with serving materials I have this will happen again. Other solution is to order new strings, maybe Winnerschoice out of 452X. Outdoor target season is starting on Sunday, and I will be shooting 600-800 arrows weekly.
    Archery Club Kosutnjak, Belgrade Serbia

Elite Tour 2012; York Silvertip

This happened twice on my Hunter, I had it fixed and was told as long as string isn't frayed or broken to keep shooting it.
    LH Energy 35
    LH GT500
    LH Judge

Comment

Get yourself a set of GOOD custom strings and you will not have this problem.

Comment

I don't think it is a "quit shooting" issue, but I'd deffinately be ordering up some new strings!
        2008.5 XLR
        2010 Z28
        2011 Pure
        2011 Tour

Comment

My pulse did it too. Almost identical. Figured ehh factory strings always leave something to be desired. Ordered some Jeremy's customs. The set I have on my Hoyt still look first shot fresh.

Comment

This is just a crappy serving job on your end loops. There does not appear to be any wear issues so I would continue to shoot it with no worries. I would order up a new set and replace them. Get the old ones reserved and keep them as a back up.
            "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb discussing what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote."

Comment

If you reserve yourself just crank the halo down a little tighter than the stock set.
              Have a great day!
              Korbin's Strings
              www.korbinsarchery.com

Comment

Korbin, thank you very much for the advice. I will send you PM for other things.
                Archery Club Kosutnjak, Belgrade Serbia

Elite Tour 2012; York Silvertip

Comment

Originally posted by Rgarbarino View Post
                  Get yourself a set of GOOD custom strings and you will not have this problem.
                  Said this myself a few times on here. My Pulse, Answer and wifes Hunter did the samething. I really wish Elite would get away from whoever is build there strings. A guy I shoot with has a 2011 Pulse with no string issues what so ever.
                  2012 Pulse 28/60
                  Spot Hogg Hogg-it

Comment

I would not "panic" over that, it's just a poor serving job. That said I would order a good set of quality custom strings and replace them when they come in, I'd feel safe shooting it like it is until they do.

Sadly just another example of how even these days with top of the line materials factory strings across the manufacturers all are sub par. It's sad when you spend that much money for a bow and you have to trash can the strings before you even start and spend $75-100 for a new quality set.

Comment

I have the same serving separation on my 2012 Tour along with issues of the serving breaking on the end loops. One call to Dick at CS and a new set of strings are on there way too me. As soon as Nuge can spin me up a set from 8190 I'll be making the swap. I would keep shooting it for now and as other mentioned, replace the strings with new ones and have your existing set reserved.
                      2012 Elite TOUR
                      2011 Hoyt Alpha Elite
                      Victory Archery
                      Nuge Strings Test Pilot

Comment

I just received in the mail a set of custom Nuge Strings for my 2012 Tour made from Black and Silver BCY 8190 with clear halo servings. Installed them, set the bow up, tied in the peep and what a difference a good set of threads make. The OEM strings had lots of issues with end loop servings separating along with the peep that wouldn't stop moving. The new harness is solid as a rock and has absolutely zero peep movement. I still need to shoot it through my chrony and compare speeds between the two different sets of strings but from the initial dozen or so shots, the bow does appear to be quite a bit faster.
                        2012 Elite TOUR
                        2011 Hoyt Alpha Elite
                        Victory Archery
                        Nuge Strings Test Pilot

Comment

Originally posted by DssBB View Post
                          I just received in the mail a set of custom Nuge Strings for my 2012 Tour made from Black and Silver BCY 8190 with clear halo servings. Installed them, set the bow up, tied in the peep and what a difference a good set of threads make. The OEM strings had lots of issues with end loop servings separating along with the peep that wouldn't stop moving. The new harness is solid as a rock and has absolutely zero peep movement. I still need to shoot it through my chrony and compare speeds between the two different sets of strings but from the initial dozen or so shots, the bow does appear to be quite a bit faster.
                          Just be advised you just voided your warranty using 8190, only 452x is allowed. Personally I think it is a ridiculous clause and have voided mine plenty of times in the past using VTX and other materials. Anyway let us know what you find with 8190. I just ordered two spools so I can build some test sets.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Comment

The set of Astro strings Nuge made for my GT500 puts both my bows in the same boat then and in all honesty shouldn't void any warranty as they are some of the best made strings on the market. I've been shooting his strings for a few years now as do a lot of others and I've yet to hear of one complaint. I think the main reason for having a clause with regards to restricting the Elite bows to certain string materials is to prevent those who really haven't got a clue what their doing from not only destroying their bow but potentially hurting themselves.
                            The strings that came with 2012 Tour were extremely poorly made. For a bow with only a few hundred shots through it should never have end loops separating and fuzzing up as the ones I just took off. The issue with the peep never wanting to settle was unacceptable. I did speak with Dick a few weeks back and he had mentioned of some testing Elite was doing with 8190 and had found the material quite good. Although 452X is an excellent material for todays compound bows, it is being replaced with newer, stronger and all around better materials such as Brownell's Astro Flight or XS2 and BCY's 8190 and the quality string makers in the archery community are all making the switch to the better products.
                            2012 Elite TOUR
                            2011 Hoyt Alpha Elite
                            Victory Archery
                            Nuge Strings Test Pilot

Comment

B_R This is Rod Ellsworth at Ninja Bowstrings. Its hard to tell if this is a set that we made,but I would like to send you a new set. Send me your info and Ill take care of it. In addition to now building all the Elite strings we sell to proshops only and have no problems with the other accounts. All the strings are built the exact same way. Let me see if I can help. Thanks Rod

Comment

Working...
                              X