Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Got my strings from Ben!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Got my strings from Ben!

    I received these a couple of weeks ago, which just happened to coincide with my son's 1st birthday, so I haven't had much of any time to get them tuned up.

    Ben (hartofthethumb) did an exceptional job on these threads. We decided to give some 8190 material a try, and I'm VERY pleased with the appearance of this material! I can't wait to get some more arrows through to see how it does as compared to 452x.

    I'm loving these string colors... what do you think?

  • #2
    They look real nice! Keep us posted on how they perform.

    How do you like the hooded peep?
    Elite E35, LimbDriver Pro V, BG Ascent, BE Carnivore 350

    Comment


    • #3
      They look great Jeremy! Ben does excellent work and produces some of the best strings I ever used.

      Now give me some good stuff.....like peep rotation, fps pre/after, strand count used etc. New material so I would like to know if you have realized any benefits over 452x besides the smaller diameter and the fact that the colors really pop.

      Comment


      • #4
        Those look great...curious to hear before and after with the 8190 too.
        RIP CENSY...IT WAS A HECK OF A RIDE BROTHER

        I am the Brumby Whisperer

        优秀射箭胜过炒猪肉大米

        Comment


        • #5
          Sweet looking threads man.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by BlindBuck View Post
            They look great Jeremy! Ben does excellent work and produces some of the best strings I ever used.

            Now give me some good stuff.....like peep rotation, fps pre/after, strand count used etc. New material so I would like to know if you have realized any benefits over 452x besides the smaller diameter and the fact that the colors really pop.
            Man, it pains me greatly that I have no performance info for you right now. I swapped to 29.5" cams and have been fighting tuning since. Now that I have the tuning dialed, I'll get the stock strings swapped back on and see what I notice for differences.

            Peep rotation is absolutely non-existant. Servings are SUPER tight with absolutely no separation after tuning.

            You'd have to ask Ben on strand count difference as compared to 452X.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by eltaco View Post
              Man, it pains me greatly that I have no performance info for you right now. I swapped to 29.5" cams and have been fighting tuning since. Now that I have the tuning dialed, I'll get the stock strings swapped back on and see what I notice for differences.

              Peep rotation is absolutely non-existant. Servings are SUPER tight with absolutely no separation after tuning.

              You'd have to ask Ben on strand count difference as compared to 452X.
              Come on get with it!lol


              OK will check with Ben.....if I was a betting man I would say same thread count so you would actually get a better fit in the cam track.

              Comment


              • #8
                Ive been using 8190 for awhile. colors are definately more vibrant, no performance numbers either though but I have had 0 peep rotation with it so far, and have a couple thousand shots on it. holding up well for me and I got them from jbk strings. they seem to be a bit waxier i guess you could say. it was harder to get the strands seperated to put a peep in them
                12 Answer w. 13 cams
                13 PSE Phenom

                Comment


                • #9
                  Looking good.Nice job Ben.
                  Proud Member of the Texas Boys

                  GTO AT 29.5",Hogg It,TT Rest,FMJ Stingray Stab
                  GTO AT 29.5",Hogg It,TT Rest,FMJ
                  Aigil Black&Carbon,Hogg It Hunter,LD Rest,FMJ
                  Aigil SS 09Z Cams,Stage One,LD Rest,Centurion,Rattler Grips

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Looks good, Ben has made a couple sets for me and they are excellent.
                    LH Energy 35
                    LH GT500
                    LH Judge

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Ben is the Man !!


                      great guy and awesome strings
                      www.raginblaze.com
                      Cajun Seasoning with a SouthWest Flare

                      featured products ..... cajun seasoning, chili mix, fajita seasoning
                      seafood boil, New Orleans style coffee and beignets .....

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Ben makes great threads indeed. Those look fantastic!
                        2014 Energy 35 Snow RAT

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Those are sweet strings. Very nice.
                          Good job Ben.
                          2014 E32
                          2011 PULSE AP
                          TUNER OF BOWS BY LONG DISTANCE
                          Member of the JURY MEMBER OF THE LEFTY BROTHERHOOD




                          "If it ain't broke , I can MAKE it better".
                          Integrity is doing the right thing when no one is looking.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Ben does awesome work. Those look nice. Let me know more about the material as you go Jeremy. I know they were built right so its all material now.
                            No ifs and or buts Just maybee.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Maybee-R View Post
                              Ben does awesome work. Those look nice. Let me know more about the material as you go Jeremy. I know they were built right so its all material now.
                              Will do. A buddy of mine has some XS2 on order and I'll be testing it as well to see how the three compare. I'm pretty excited about these new materials, I really like the 8190 so far. If stretch, longevity, performance all ends up equal, I'd certainly choose it over 452x. We'll see how it stands the test of time!

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X