Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NOOB intro

Good morning everyone,

Just a new guy on the board. Not sure if I am in the right place. Just picked up my first bow, Samick Sage recurve. Just getting into archery, and found this forum, and joined up in hopes of finding a good source of information. As I am just starting out, I am doing some back yard shooting and just trying to get some of the basics down. I don't know if I have any goals or aspirations yet of Hunting or Target shooting, but just gona see where all this goes. Look forward to learning and meeting everyone!

Pat

Welcome!
    The guys here have lots of great information to offer here.. ask away!

Elite Archery is a brand of compound bows..you can look around here a see what's offered or check www.elitearchery.com

a bunch of guys here also shoot recurve

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
    2009 GT500 w/Cuda cams
    2010 PINK Judge

Comment

Thanks dch3k. Guess it figures that I would probably be in the wrong place since I don't shoot compound, muchless something from Elite Archery. Oh well, chalk it up to being a noob.

Comment

No reason not to stick around.....this forum has some of the funniest ****ers around. And they're very helpful and friendly

Comment

Originally posted by P.Smash View Post
          No reason not to stick around.....this forum has some of the funniest ****ers around. And they're very helpful and friendly

^^^^ is one of the residents funniest ****ers Welcome Pat!!!
          2014-Energy 35-70# RTX
          2012-Answer-60# AT Snow
          2006 -Rev'd E500-70# Spring E-Leaf

"Elite...You can't own just ONE"

Comment

Welcome to EAF! How is that Samick Sage? A friend of mine is thinking about trying a recurve. If you ever get the desire to try compound bows, I'd definetely give Elite a try. They're top notch. I have a Hoyt and a Bowtech, both are great bows and I like them very much. I have an Elite GT500, a really great bow that I like even more! Lot's of interesting folks here too.... don't you just love that P.Smash avatar?
            GT500 Ninja (Predator's Archery)
            Bowtech 82nd Airborne
            Bowtech Guardian

Comment

Stay a while.
              I may need YOUR help someday. I want to try a recurve as well.
              2014 E32
              2011 PULSE AP
              TUNER OF BOWS BY LONG DISTANCE
              Member of the JURY MEMBER OF THE LEFTY BROTHERHOOD

"If it ain't broke , I can MAKE it better".
              Integrity is doing the right thing when no one is looking.

Comment

Well thanks everyone! Will stick around. Loving the new bow, but really dont have anything to compare it with. From everything i've heard, it is a great starter/intermidiate recurve. Put about 100 arrows down range in the back yard at 15 yds yesterday. gona probably do the same today. Just getting used to what the **** I am doing. I am sure I am all F'ed up but atleast hitting the target about 4 of every 5 shots. Even mannaged a few in the x ring...just lucky though. Have been watching a lot of video instruction on basics of stance, hold, release ect. I really need to buy some more arrows. Was only able to afford 6 to start but ****, I am just target shooting (target bag) in the back yard so don't need anything fancy. May get into compound, much later. Right now just learning the basics.

Comment

Yea guess i need to get a fancy avatar like some of the folks. Been too busy shooting. Put 50 down this afternoon. Much better than yesterday.

Originally posted by wdriver View Post
                  Welcome to EAF! How is that Samick Sage? A friend of mine is thinking about trying a recurve. If you ever get the desire to try compound bows, I'd definetely give Elite a try. They're top notch. I have a Hoyt and a Bowtech, both are great bows and I like them very much. I have an Elite GT500, a really great bow that I like even more! Lot's of interesting folks here too.... don't you just love that P.Smash avatar?

Comment

Working...
                  X