This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can somebody please tell me....?

What are the differences between the pulse & the judge? I'm thinking about getting a judge but have the opportunity to shoot a pulse. Please give me some helpful info! Thanx in advance

Rev'd e500 with Yeti Archery side plates
    MBH Energy with Rev cams (coming soon) with Yeti Archery side plates (aka Faith)
    Dirty Bird Special a Yeti Production
    : 29.5"/62#-LD Pro V-Stokerized stabilizer-G5 Rock 4-pin sight

29/70# GTO AT edition with Max1 limbs & Yeti side plates
    Apache drop away-Easton Axis Nfused

The pulse is newer, haha
    08 GTO Reverse AT

Comment

Originally posted by seejakerun View Post
      The pulse is newer, haha
      Judge has Rev cams. Pulse has EFX cams. Pulse beats the judge for ease of draw and let down in my opinion. Speeds are very close but I think the Judge wins.
      No ifs and or buts Just maybee.

Comment

Originally posted by seejakerun View Post
        The pulse is newer, haha

Comment

I am almost am ready to trade the rev'd e500 for a judge

Comment

Originally posted by Maybee-R View Post
            Judge has Rev cams. Pulse has EFX cams. Pulse beats the judge for ease of draw and let down in my opinion. Speeds are very close but I think the Judge wins.
            This is 100% accurate, IMO... Well, I can't really say about the speeds since I have never chrono'd a Pulse, but everything else Rick said is definitely right on. I would also say that the pulse wins in noise, but with the right tune the Judge can be just as dead in hand... I really like my Judge.
            Smile!

Comment

I have both bows.
              The Pulse and the Judge are ALMOST the same bow except for the cams.
              The Judge has the modular rev cams and has a "dump" into the valley.
              If I remember right the Judge letoff runs about 86%. The valley of the judge is wider than the Pulse.
              It feels like you almost have to push the Judge to fire.
              The Pulse has the newer cams and the transition to the valley and wall is not noticeable.It's just there. There's no hard fall into the valley.
              The draw cycle's are the same to me. The difference is all at the end of the cycle.
              Both bows shoot essentially the same speeds. I think my Judge is 1 or 2 fps faster than my Pulse.
              All that being said. It will depend on what you like as far as feel of the bow.

The Judge is a great shooter just as the Pulse. There's no difference in accuracy.
              2014 E32
              2011 PULSE AP
              TUNER OF BOWS BY LONG DISTANCE
              Member of the JURY MEMBER OF THE LEFTY BROTHERHOOD

"If it ain't broke , I can MAKE it better".
              Integrity is doing the right thing when no one is looking.

Comment

I preferred shooting the Pulse much better than the Judge. It even draws easier than my 70lb GT500. Between the two I'd vote Pulse.

TEXAS
                2011 PURE MAX 1
                2014 ENERGY 35 XTRA
                2015 SYNERGY MAX 1
                Elite Archery Pro Staff
                Proud Member of the Texas Boys
                BH and HTC Nashville

Comment

I would vote pulse also the draw cycle is more smooth on pulse and definately quieter than the judges i have shot.
                  Impact, Pure, Syn Xt, Sbh energy

Comment

Judge had way more vibe I thought with not as nice of a draw.
                    2014 Energy 35 Snow RAT

Comment

If you pick up a judge do yourself a favor and put 09 cams on them. Not as much of a hump in the draw into the valley and you will pick up 3 to 5 fps over the 2010 cams. Judge is definetly faster than Pulse.
                      It is official TAZ Strings will be making custom strings for all 2011 Elite Archery Competition colored bows!
                      Owner of TAZ Archery and TAZ STRINGS
                      Professional Archer
                      Woodstock, IL
                      Tim Zimmerman
                      Check out web sight at tazarchery.com

Comment

In terms of used bows the Pulse brings about $200 more than a Judge. I haven't received my Pulse yet but if it shoots as accurately as my Judge did I will be happy.

doug

Comment

If you pick up a judge do yourself a favor and put 09 cams on them. Not as much of a hump in the draw into the valley and you will pick up 3 to 5 fps over the 2010 cams. Judge is definetly faster than Pulse.
                          I had planned putting dls revs on it...not a fan of the newer mod cams

Rev'd e500 with Yeti Archery side plates
                          MBH Energy with Rev cams (coming soon) with Yeti Archery side plates (aka Faith)

Comment

Working...
                          X