I just spoke to Elite about BCY 8190 and was told by Technical Support that

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by archer58inPA View Post
    I don't see any kind of negative with the 8190 from what I've read. I'm sure not savy when it comes to strings. If they don't stretch and fray , that's good enough for me.
    String material is just like anything else. Better technology breeds better products , plain and simle.
    Is this material the next step in innovation? Maybe/probably.
    It's time to move on.
    Fast flight used to be cutting edge.

Me either only been building my own for like 8 weeks.lol Of course since Ben was kind enough to write out his entire process for me, I learned a ton in short order.(Thanks Ben!!) Just like he stated I will develop my own process which I have done. String building is almost as fascinating as arrow building it kicked my OCD into overdrive. I will try to post some pics, I have 24 strands of 8190 for the string, and 24 strands of 452x for the cables on my bow right now. As for the vivid color thing people talk about I surely can't see it using sunset orange. The benefits I see are like I stated prior rounder, smoother bundle, smaller diameter, and a bit faster. The first two could easily be attributed to me being a "ROOKIE" and my burnish technique works better on 8190.lol

Comment

Getting some 8190 put on my Answer once the bow gets fixed. Haven't heard a bad thing about it.
      Energy 32 Xtra
      Energy 35 Snow RAT

Comment

I put a set on my Pure and so far I really like the 8190. Gained a little speed and seems to be very stable.
        The Original Bear Whitetail
        2011 Elite Pure
        2012 Elite Tour
        2012 Elite Pulse

Team S.O.B. Spot On Bowstrings

When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandad did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.

Comment

8190 NEW KID ON THE BLOCK?????? Been around for years, a guy talked me into 452x cab and 8190 on string his ability must have been lacking just kept on streching peep rotation was terrible! I know the string makers have really steped up there game so it might be worth a try again
          Envy 4 times
          GT 500
          E-FORCE
          ENERGY 35

Comment

Originally posted by woodbooger View Post
            8190 NEW KID ON THE BLOCK?????? Been around for years, a guy talked me into 452x cab and 8190 on string his ability must have been lacking just kept on streching peep rotation was terrible! I know the string makers have really steped up there game so it might be worth a try again
            I thought 8190 was new material....

Maybe you're thinking of 8125.....

Comment

Originally posted by 12RingKing View Post
              I thought 8190 was new material....

Maybe you're thinking of 8125.....
              Ive been told by a excellent string builder that 8125 is more stable then 8190 it is to soon to know also he stated 8190 &XS2 were about equal.I am not a string builder so i have no idea.I know in the past everything i have had made for me has been 8125 string and 452x cables and it worked awesome together.If i decide to go with 8190 it will not be for cables cables will still be 452x the big thing is most of the builders that have played with 8190 in the heat say it is not as stable as 8125 will just have to wait and find out.The string builders who use a heat and freeze process will no best.
              2014 Engery 35 RTX
              2011Pulse 29 60 Snow
              2012Tour 29 60 Blue
              2013 Pulse 29 65 Ninja
              2014 Blue E35 29 60
              2014 Black & Sno E32 29 60

Dealer for Stage1 strings
              Dealer for b2 bowstrings

Comment

Originally posted by Done Right View Post
                Ive been told by a excellent string builder that 8125 is more stable then 8190 it is to soon to know also he stated 8190 &XS2 were about equal.I am not a string builder so i have no idea.I know in the past everything i have had made for me has been 8125 string and 452x cables and it worked awesome together.If i decide to go with 8190 it will not be for cables cables will still be 452x the big thing is most of the builders that have played with 8190 in the heat say it is not as stable as 8125 will just have to wait and find out.The string builders who use a heat and freeze process will no best.
                Most the builders I've talked to say 8190 is great material. Very stable. I've always heard 8125 stretches like a beast! IDK.

Comment

just 2 clear things up on my end I may have confused 8125 with 8190, senior moment my bad
                  Envy 4 times
                  GT 500
                  E-FORCE
                  ENERGY 35

Comment

Originally posted by woodbooger View Post
                    just 2 clear things up on my end I may have confused 8125 with 8190, senior moment my bad
                    Its OK it happens to the best of us! I also had issues with a set of 8125 strings I had years ago, they would stretch/creep, course that may be because of the way the string was initially built. Guys have gotten so good that all you really need to do is sling a handful of arrows down range so the string set conforms to the cam groove and you are good to go.

Comment

Most the builders I've talked to say 8190 is great material. Very stable. I've always heard 8125 stretches like a beast! IDK.
                      Everyone at my shop has been shoting 8125 strings and 452x cables and weve had no problems with streatch or peep rotation even in the heat or cold.
                      Eric Griggs is part of the Elite team now he is a awesome string builder he will get things rollen.I know that Elite is testing XS2 and 8190well just have to see what there findings are they say they will have something for us in about a month it will be posted on the forum lets just hope they hurry.The big thing is 8190 is new so it will have to prove it self.Yes i agree most of the string builders say it is nice to work with.I am having a set of 24 strand 8190 built for the string and 24 stand 452x for cables to try on my pulse to see what it is like.
                      Last edited by Done Right; 05-14-2012, 04:48 PM.
                      2014 Engery 35 RTX
                      2011Pulse 29 60 Snow
                      2012Tour 29 60 Blue
                      2013 Pulse 29 65 Ninja
                      2014 Blue E35 29 60
                      2014 Black & Sno E32 29 60

Dealer for Stage1 strings
                      Dealer for b2 bowstrings

Comment

OK Elite can we use 8190 or not? Its going to be old school material before you decide.

Sent from my DROID RAZR
                        Strothers Wrath
                        QAD HDX
                        HHA OL-5519
                        B-Stinger Extreme
                        GT 55/75
                        Taz 8190 Strings
                        Paradox Sling

Comment

Originally posted by Tn10point View Post
                          OK Elite can we use 8190 or not? Its going to be old school material before you decide.

Sent from my DROID RAZR
                          I know this is a crazy thought... but I like to think outside the box. Maybe you should give them a call and ask your question.

Comment

Originally posted by Tn10point View Post

Sent from my DROID RAZR
                            Originally posted by eltaco View Post
                            I know this is a crazy thought... but I like to think outside the box. Maybe you should give them a call and ask your question.
                            No kidding, just pick up the phone and ask for yourself. Only a fool would go by what other people say in a post, customers have been telling me for years that Elite will allow whatever material they want and it wouldn't void the warranty but we all know that was a line of crap. Just call the tech department and ask for yourself and then you will have your answer for your answer.
                            Twisted Archer Custom Bowstrings-Owner
                            Envy's & SBH Energy's (1 Updated K8's & 1 Rev'd)
                            IN MEMORY OF MELISSA LOPEZ, WE LOVE AND TRULY MISS YOU.

Comment

Originally posted by Twisted Archer View Post
                              No kidding, just pick up the phone and ask for yourself. Only a fool would go by what other people say in a post, customers have been telling me for years that Elite will allow whatever material they want and it wouldn't void the warranty but we all know that was a line of crap. Just call the tech department and ask for yourself and then you will have your answer for your answer.
                              I must be a fool...i listen to what people say in posts all the time...

Comment

I must be a fool...i listen to what people say in posts all the time...
                                OK that works for me, but like I stated I have been told for years that 452X was not the only material that could be used for Elite's and not void the warranty. I call and talk to Dick in the tech department once or twice a month just to ask if the material options have changed to protect my customers warranty and until recently it has always been no, anyone can come on here and post that 8190, 8125 or the Brownell equivalent has been given the OK but until Elite actually comes out and posts it you should always call and ask just to cover your own butt as there are string makers out there that don't even know that 452X was the only material that didn't void a Elite warranty. I guess Elite is still testing materials so when they are done hopefully they will post a sticky that states what string materials can be used, what the strand count is and what serving materials must be used. You have to remember just because you read it somewhere on the internet does not mean that it is actually true.
                                Last edited by Twisted Archer; 05-16-2012, 05:55 PM.
                                Twisted Archer Custom Bowstrings-Owner
                                Envy's & SBH Energy's (1 Updated K8's & 1 Rev'd)
                                IN MEMORY OF MELISSA LOPEZ, WE LOVE AND TRULY MISS YOU.

Comment

Working...
                                X