Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

I just spoke to Elite about BCY 8190 and was told by Technical Support that

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • I just spoke to Elite about BCY 8190 and was told by Technical Support that

    Elite is still testing but if i used 26 strands of BCY 2690 that it WILL NOT void the warranty.... So i am going to order my strings
    I AM ALL JACKED UP ON MT. DEW !!!!

  • #2
    I emailed back and forth with JKK over the weekend and he did say that they will be adding some new materials to list that will not void the warranty, he told me he would get back to me with strand counts for the materials so I know what will be allowed. He wanted to be sure of the counts with the 2X/Mini/Halo .014 serving first but told me he would let me know, all I can say is I am looking forward to his email.
    Twisted Archer Custom Bowstrings-Owner
    Envy's & SBH Energy's (1 Updated K8's & 1 Rev'd)
    IN MEMORY OF MELISSA LOPEZ, WE LOVE AND TRULY MISS YOU.

    Comment


    • #3
      Looking forward to getting a straight answer. Because I am really wanting to order a custom set of strings.

      Sent from my C771 using Tapatalk 2
      Strothers Wrath
      QAD HDX
      HHA OL-5519
      B-Stinger Extreme
      GT 55/75
      Taz 8190 Strings
      Paradox Sling

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Twisted Archer View Post
        I emailed back and forth with JKK over the weekend and he did say that they will be adding some new materials to list that will not void the warranty, he told me he would get back to me with strand counts for the materials so I know what will be allowed. He wanted to be sure of the counts with the 2X/Mini/Halo .014 serving first but told me he would let me know, all I can say is I am looking forward to his email.
        Tech support said 26 strands so i guess they would know correct ????
        I AM ALL JACKED UP ON MT. DEW !!!!

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by The Elitest View Post
          Tech support said 26 strands so i guess they would know correct ????
          If they did then I wouldn't expect to see much of a benefit. Adding back the weight and making it the same diameter so it doesn't fit the cam track any better. Hoping Jamie or Ben chimes in on this since they would know much better than myself.

          Comment


          • #6
            If the diameter has to be the same and that negates 8190's advantage over 452X, then what is the point of using 8190? I haven't had issues with peep rotation or "fuzzing" with 452X which is one of the other advantages of 8190. I will say I am an archery novice, so I don't have the experience others my have. I guess what I am trying to find out is if the two materials should have the same finished diameter and that makes the speeds and weight comparable, what is the advantage of 8190 over 452X?
            Elite E35, LimbDriver Pro V, BG Ascent, BE Carnivore 350

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by The Elitest View Post
              Tech support said 26 strands so i guess they would know correct ????
              Originally posted by BlindBuck View Post
              If they did then I wouldn't expect to see much of a benefit. Adding back the weight and making it the same diameter so it doesn't fit the cam track any better. Hoping Jamie or Ben chimes in on this since they would know much better than myself.
              I was told on the 8190 that it had to be 26 strands so yes BlindBuck it won't make much of a difference speed wise, they want the same diameter from what I was told. I am waiting to hear what other materials are given the go ahead and the strand counts, since I don't stock Brownell the rest of the materials won't be much help to me but I will still let everyone know as soon as I do.
              Twisted Archer Custom Bowstrings-Owner
              Envy's & SBH Energy's (1 Updated K8's & 1 Rev'd)
              IN MEMORY OF MELISSA LOPEZ, WE LOVE AND TRULY MISS YOU.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Perry24 View Post
                If the diameter has to be the same and that negates 8190's advantage over 452X, then what is the point of using 8190? I haven't had issues with peep rotation or "fuzzing" with 452X which is one of the other advantages of 8190. I will say I am an archery novice, so I don't have the experience others my have. I guess what I am trying to find out is if the two materials should have the same finished diameter and that makes the speeds and weight comparable, what is the advantage of 8190 over 452X?

                8190 shouldn't fuzz up like 452X so there's a little plus but I haven't done any testing yet so I don't have any other info to pass on but if diameter has to stay the same I don't see any real advantages from what I have been told by other string maker buddies. JKK told me he didn't see any advantages speed wise either with the other materials when everything was equal, I guess since Elite is the only one with the transferable warranty they get to make the strand count rules if you still want to be able to have your warranty.
                Twisted Archer Custom Bowstrings-Owner
                Envy's & SBH Energy's (1 Updated K8's & 1 Rev'd)
                IN MEMORY OF MELISSA LOPEZ, WE LOVE AND TRULY MISS YOU.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Twisted Archer View Post

                  8190 shouldn't fuzz up like 452X so there's a little plus but I haven't done any testing yet so I don't have any other info to pass on but if diameter has to stay the same I don't see any real advantages from what I have been told by other string maker buddies. JKK told me he didn't see any advantages speed wise either with the other materials when everything was equal, I guess since Elite is the only one with the transferable warranty they get to make the strand count rules if you still want to be able to have your warranty.
                  Ok, that is what I was thinking. Would 24 strands of 8190 be as strong as 24 strands of 452X? I guess if it was, then I could see an advantage of 8190 over 452X. You just void your warranty using the smaller diameter string, but if it is just as strong, then is it really a risk?
                  Elite E35, LimbDriver Pro V, BG Ascent, BE Carnivore 350

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Perry24 View Post
                    Ok, that is what I was thinking. Would 24 strands of 8190 be as strong as 24 strands of 452X? I guess if it was, then I could see an advantage of 8190 over 452X. You just void your warranty using the smaller diameter string, but if it is just as strong, then is it really a risk?
                    I think the question that needs to be asked is: What advantages make 8190 a worthwhile choice over 452x? I think performance is ALMOST dead nuts equal, so take that out of the equation. Then it just comes down to appearance, longevity, and resistance to stretch. From what I've seen, peep rotation is a non-issue with properly built strings for both material, so that too is removed from the equation. Unless I'm missing something, all that is left is appearance and longevity. IMHO, the 8190 is a better 'looking' material than 452x. I can't answer the longevity question since I've only had mine on for a month or so.

                    So basically, it comes down to appearance and longevity vs. potentially losing a warranty. I'm not certain that those two items justify potentially compromising a warranty, but that's just my opinion. If warranty was a non-issue, I'd personally choose 8190 just for appearance right now, but until I have a few thousand more shots on them, I can't say if it lasts as long, or not.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Just playing devil's advocate here. How would they know if you ever had the bcy8190 strings on your bow? Not condoning this, but one could run 8190 strings on their bow for a couple of years and then put the stock ones back on and sell the bow that way. How would they ever know the difference? Maybe I just think too much.
                      2011 Pulse, AT/AP, 29.5"/72lbs
                      HHA DS-5519, QAD HDX, Stokerized 10" Hunter
                      GT Velocity XT arrows , G5 Magloc Compact Quiver

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by eltaco View Post
                        I think the question that needs to be asked is: What advantages make 8190 a worthwhile choice over 452x? I think performance is ALMOST dead nuts equal, so take that out of the equation. Then it just comes down to appearance, longevity, and resistance to stretch. From what I've seen, peep rotation is a non-issue with properly built strings for both material, so that too is removed from the equation. Unless I'm missing something, all that is left is appearance and longevity. IMHO, the 8190 is a better 'looking' material than 452x. I can't answer the longevity question since I've only had mine on for a month or so.

                        So basically, it comes down to appearance and longevity vs. potentially losing a warranty. I'm not certain that those two items justify potentially compromising a warranty, but that's just my opinion. If warranty was a non-issue, I'd personally choose 8190 just for appearance right now, but until I have a few thousand more shots on them, I can't say if it lasts as long, or not.
                        Are the colors on 8190 that much more vivid than 452X?
                        Elite E35, LimbDriver Pro V, BG Ascent, BE Carnivore 350

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Twisted Archer View Post
                          I was told on the 8190 that it had to be 26 strands so yes BlindBuck it won't make much of a difference speed wise, they want the same diameter from what I was told. I am waiting to hear what other materials are given the go ahead and the strand counts, since I don't stock Brownell the rest of the materials won't be much help to me but I will still let everyone know as soon as I do.
                          Well that bites, IMHO the 24 strand count of 452x is a bit thick for the cam tracks especially when using flo/bright colors. IMHO that was biggest benefit if one would want a set of strings made with 8190, I don't really care about the speed difference having a 30+" DL it is always there for me anyway. The 8190 set I checked out also appeared to have produced a much rounder bundle when using 24 strands. In any event I am anxious for my 8190 material to show up so I can make a few sets to play with.



                          Originally posted by Pulse76 View Post
                          Just playing devil's advocate here. How would they know if you ever had the bcy8190 strings on your bow? Not condoning this, but one could run 8190 strings on their bow for a couple of years and then put the stock ones back on and sell the bow that way. How would they ever know the difference? Maybe I just think too much.
                          They can't.....just like you stated don't condone doing it by any means but there isn't a way to say yep BCY8190 24 thread count caused that problem.

                          Originally posted by Perry24 View Post
                          Are the colors on 8190 that much more vivid than 452X?
                          Yes sir compared spool colors at Lancaster and they definitely pop more, course I order it from my regular supplier since I despise LAS.lol

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by BlindBuck View Post
                            Well that bites, IMHO the 24 strand count of 452x is a bit thick for the cam tracks especially when using flo/bright colors. IMHO that was biggest benefit if one would want a set of strings made with 8190, I don't really care about the speed difference having a 30+" DL it is always there for me anyway. The 8190 set I checked out also appeared to have produced a much rounder bundle when using 24 strands. In any event I am anxious for my 8190 material to show up so I can make a few sets to play with.





                            They can't.....just like you stated don't condone doing it by any means but there isn't a way to say yep BCY8190 24 thread count caused that problem.



                            Yes sir compared spool colors at Lancaster and they definitely pop more, course I order it from my regular supplier since I despise LAS.lol
                            Only one time in my life did a string cause damage to a bow. It wasnt the material or strand count either. It was poorly made and come undone at full draw.
                            My self I pretty much do what I want with my bows. I warranty my own if I have too.
                            I would keep the strand count for stability only. If I could get 20 or 22 to hold I agree it sits in the cam groves better with less wear. But stability and speeds drop when I try it.
                            No ifs and or buts Just maybee.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Maybee-R View Post
                              Only one time in my life did a string cause damage to a bow. It wasnt the material or strand count either. It was poorly made and come undone at full draw.
                              My self I pretty much do what I want with my bows. I warranty my own if I have too.
                              I would keep the strand count for stability only. If I could get 20 or 22 to hold I agree it sits in the cam groves better with less wear. But stability and speeds drop when I try it.
                              Agree on everything you stated Rick, it is things I read like below that made me want to try and experiment with 8190 for myself. Heck it is my own OCD that made me want to build my own threads in the first place.lol If Elite's stance is 26 strands.....it is what it is, I just think they are limiting their customers benefits on what appears to be a great new option.

                              “8190 is the bomb! I am switching all my material over to it. The only way I will make 452x is if someone asks for it. More durable, alittle faster, bright colors, no frying, give it a try you won't be disaapointed! Tim Zim”

                              “i have been playing with 8190 a lot the past couple months..and so far really like it..all 24 strands holds like a rock..i was skeptical about it at first but after watching it in a 500pd stretcher hooked to a load cell for 12 hrs..it really suprised me..Elite should allow it...Breathn”

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X