Why new strings?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why new strings?

I can understand as strings wear, archers will replace them with aftermarket strings. I just read a post where the person wrote that it is common for many people to upgrade their strings when buying a new bow. What is the advantage to replacing the strings on my Z28 to a custom string?
    2010 Elite Z28 70# AP Camo

My factory strings served me well. Used them for several months until I decided to get a tune up. Had customs put on at same time bow was tuned. There seems to be less peep twisting with customs and you can pick your colors. The servings seem to hold up a little better. I still have no separation anywhere and I've shot it quite a bit.
    2011 Pulse, AT/AP, 29.5"/72lbs
    HHA DS-5519, QAD HDX, Stokerized 10" Hunter
    GT Velocity XT arrows , G5 Magloc Compact Quiver

Comment

it's a matter of personal choice as factory strings work perfectly fine

the only downside is factory strings are only offered in 1-2 color combinations.

for those who like to add bling to their bows and color accessorize them, custom strings can be ordered in any color combination

also, if your buying someone elses' used bow (i.e. 2010 Pure) , it is considered new to you ..... then most ppl will buy a new bowstring and tune the bow for their DL and desired weight
      www.raginblaze.com
      Cajun Seasoning with a SouthWest Flare

featured products ..... cajun seasoning, chili mix, fajita seasoning
      seafood boil, New Orleans style coffee and beignets .....

Comment

The G5's on my 2010 and 2011 still look like new . Alot of people just like to change the color to personalize their bows .
        2010 GT500 , 2011 snow Pure [ Fire , wifes bow ] Retrieverfishing's Custom string field staff

Comment

Color change for me....
          2010 GT500 40lb
          2010 Judge 50lb harvest moon
          2012 Prime Shift LR 40lb Optifade Forest
          2014 Elite Energy 35
          Custom Strings starting at $45! To order, click link below!
          https://catfishcustoms.wufoo.com/for...stoms-strings/

Comment

Ok, so it's more of a cosmetic thing than a performance enhancement.

Comment

I have had better wear as well, but again the main reason being cosmetics. What kind of bike is that in your avatar?
              2010 GT500 40lb
              2014 Elite Energy 35

Comment

When Elite was using G5 strings I'd leave them on until they wore out then replaced with customs. This year on my new answer I replaced the strings almost immediately, the stock strings are pretty sucky now. Peep twist, serving wear and serving separation within the fist 20 or so shots. Most any good custom strings will be way better than any stock string. That goes for just about all bow companies, not just elite.

Comment

Originally posted by retrieverfishin View Post
                  I have had better wear as well, but again the main reason being cosmetics. What kind of bike is that in your avatar?
                  that was my Yamaha 2004 FZ-6, sold it and bought a Yamaha 2007 FZ-1. Both bikes have been extremely reliable.

Comment

Very nice. I ride a 2007 BMW K1200R Sport. Nothing like the feel of the open road!
                    2010 GT500 40lb
                    2014 Elite Energy 35

Comment

Originally posted by Rgarbarino View Post
                      When Elite was using G5 strings I'd leave them on until they wore out then replaced with customs. This year on my new answer I replaced the strings almost immediately, the stock strings are pretty sucky now. Peep twist, serving wear and serving separation within the first 20 or so shots.
                      That's not good.
                      I just replaced the strings on my '09 GT500. They didn't need to be changed, as they are still good. They are 38 months old! I've shot my GT500 a lot. The only reason I changed them was that I had new (lower poundage) limbs installled. I figured since the bow would be apart, might as well change them. Luckily, right after I bought my GT, I bought 2 new sets of factory strings. Too bad the new strings aren't as good.
                      GT500 Ninja (Predator's Archery)
                      Bowtech 82nd Airborne
                      Bowtech Guardian

Comment

Originally posted by Rgarbarino View Post
                        When Elite was using G5 strings I'd leave them on until they wore out then replaced with customs. This year on my new answer I replaced the strings almost immediately, the stock strings are pretty sucky now. Peep twist, serving wear and serving separation within the fist 20 or so shots. Most any good custom strings will be way better than any stock string. That goes for just about all bow companies, not just elite.
                        Exactly the same here!! I was hoping to get some life out of the stock strings on my Answer!! Not the case!! Just ordered some Vaportrails!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                        Love chasin' them HIGH BACKIN' and THUNDER THROATIN' chickens!!
                        2012 Elite Answer w/ Cerakote cams!!
                        2013 Elite Pulse!!

Comment

How long can i expect my stock strings to last? I have a 2010 Z28 with only one hunting season under her belt.

Comment

I have not replaced the stock strings on my GT500 (2010), or my Pure (2011). They are holding up well. So what I'm reading is when I do replace them I should go with custom instead of ordering through Elite? I actually like the green/brown on my Pure, and the black/silver on my snow riser GT.
                            "Aim small miss small"

2013 Pure 70lb Blk/Max1 Limbs
                            2012 Pure 70lb Blk/ 2013 Black AP Limbs

CBE Tek Hybrid 5 pin sight
                            Exxus Core, Exxus, SX-2, Silverhorn Releases
                            Solids, DRT's, Deep six, axis and DCA Hunters 300
                            Past Elites
                            2008 XXL
                            2010XLR
                            2010 GT500
                            2011 Pure AP
                            2011 Pure Max1