Size:	57.8 KB
ID:	25930Click image for larger version

Name:	157a1f1524b92ce7c0c1fb3de88edfdd.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	52.0 KB
ID:	25931
    Does this Z have low bergers?
    2013 Elite Hunter 70# Ninja

Looks like it to me based on how the hole looks like it's drilled where the shelf starts to curve. Is this one of the ebay bows? If it's not an ebay bow and does have a full Elite warranty they will replace the riser. They did for me when I found out my 2009 Z had low holes.

Comment

It has a full warranty. I checked the # with Elite. No G5 here.
      2013 Elite Hunter 70# Ninja

Comment

Looks low, berger holes look too far below Elite medallion, Elite replaced my riser also

Comment

I thought it was only a few 2009's that had the low holes? Is this a different bow than your sig line suggests?
          E35 Max 1
          2010 Z28 Max 1
          Target rig...To Be Announced

Comment

I might be wrong but I think pbuck has it right. I thought it was on some early model z's . Probably done on a Monday .
            2010 GT500 , 2011 snow Pure [ Fire , wifes bow ] Retrieverfishing's Custom string field staff

Comment

If Elite is replacing the risers with low holes, I wonder if they are destroying them... If so, that's a shame. I know there are issues with a few rests, but with most you can just set the arrow at 7/8" center height and shoot 'em just fine.
              Smile!

Comment

Originally posted by hartofthethumb View Post
                If Elite is replacing the risers with low holes, I wonder if they are destroying them... If so, that's a shame. I know there are issues with a few rests, but with most you can just set the arrow at 7/8" center height and shoot 'em just fine.

Recycling is the wave of the future Ben. Have you priced scrap lately?

I do agree, lots of good bows being destroyed if they are in fact throwing them into the scrap tub.

Comment

Just looked at my Z and there's only 1/16 - 1/8" between the medallion and the hole. Your bow has more than that.
                  E35 Max 1
                  2010 Z28 Max 1
                  Target rig...To Be Announced

Comment

My 09 Z28 has low Berger holes and shoots fine. I was told that you can't skimp on the sight though, my AAE Pro Drop doesn't have any issues.

Comment

You can get some rests to work with the low holes. In my case I was originally trying to use a QAD HD but with the low holes I ran out of vertical adjustment and the launcher arm was smacking the shelf before dropping all the way flat. If you use a rest like a G5 Expert that falls behind the shelf it will work. For me, I'd rather have that extra 1/4" of vertical adjustment.

What you need to do when tuning is forget about trying to set your arrow through the center of the berger holes, you need to be about 1/4" above the center of the holes.

Comment

I bought my low berger Z on purpose from Elite (through my dealer) at a discounted price. That being said, I got it cheap and knew it up front so I believe it would be wrong for me to ask for a new riser and pretend I didn't know. But I bought it from Elite and know I have a good warranty. Besides, it gives me no problems at all. I hunt with it using an old school Whisker Biscuit and love it.

09 Z28 27.5" 60# (Maybee-R tuned)
                        09 GT500 (with 2010 cams)27.5" 60#

Comment

Originally posted by Rgarbarino View Post
                          You can get some rests to work with the low holes. In my case I was originally trying to use a QAD HD but with the low holes I ran out of vertical adjustment and the launcher arm was smacking the shelf before dropping all the way flat. If you use a rest like a G5 Expert that falls behind the shelf it will work. For me, I'd rather have that extra 1/4" of vertical adjustment.

What you need to do when tuning is forget about trying to set your arrow through the center of the berger holes, you need to be about 1/4" above the center of the holes.
                          I had bought one of these and set up for a buddy. It has the low holes and I ended up doing exactly what you reference. BH's like darts with FP's.

Comment

U can also set a RipCord up to fall behind the shelf, you may have to grind/shorten the launcher forks a little, but the launcher is so deep, the arrow will never fall out of it anyway. I have another bow set up like this just because I don't like the launcher smacking the riser.

09 Z28 27.5" 60# (Maybee-R tuned)
                            09 GT500 (with 2010 cams)27.5" 60#

Comment

Just bought this bow from Dux's.
                              I'll have to see what I can do, but the QAD is my fav rest to use...
                              2014 Energy 35 Snow RAT

Comment

Working...
                              X