X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First non Elite since the begining!

Well jumped ship and picked up a used 60lbs 2011 Darton ds3800 on AT in hopes that it would replace my 76lbs2010 GT500, I am sick of pulling 76 pounds but love the extra KE, so I thought I would try a 6" BH speed bow at 60 and get the same speed as the 76 pounder. Shooting 460grain fmj's the 76lbs GT500 did 270-272fps and the 62lbs darton did 269-270fps.. The darton is so quiet with very little had shock, its way quieter than both my elites and thats with only a sight and a rest on it.
    Why is the darton soo quiet? Even with my 350 grain arrow the thing wispers? Now I have to sell the gt any takers?
    2014 elite???
    2013 bear motive 7
    2012 PSE Evo 7 70lbs(on order)sold
    2011 Darton DS3800 62lbs
    2011 pure 28" 66lbs (sold)
    2010 gt500 28" 76.1lbs (sold)
    2008 XXL 28" 70lbs(sold, not sure if I should have?)
    2006 E-500(sold to bro in law)
    Caribow silver fox longbow, taima recurve
    Mars sand Hills, Manitoba, Canada

You might of liked the Pulse over the GT also. Its a 6 inch brace with more speed. Just saying. As for why the darton is quieter then the GT? I couldnt tell you. its a no name bow to us out west. we only hear about them on the forums. Plus this is the Elite forum so probably not to many darton guys here. other then chipster.
    No ifs and or buts Just maybee.

Comment

Please change your signature to add the Darton. The 3800 is a sweet shooter. Thats why I have one and people who don't are jealous of me.

Originally posted by carcus View Post
      Well jumped ship and picked up a used 60lbs 2011 Darton ds3800 on AT in hopes that it would replace my 76lbs2010 GT500, I am sick of pulling 76 pounds but love the extra KE, so I thought I would try a 6" BH speed bow at 60 and get the same speed as the 76 pounder. Shooting 460grain fmj's the 76lbs GT500 did 270-272fps and the 62lbs darton did 269-270fps.. The darton is so quiet with very little had shock, its way quieter than both my elites and thats with only a sight and a rest on it.
      Why is the darton soo quiet? Even with my 350 grain arrow the thing wispers? Now I have to sell the gt any takers?
      "Pain is weakness leaving the body"

- Kevin Strother

Comment

Originally posted by Chippy (aka Slippy) View Post
        Please change your signature to add the Darton. The 3800 is a sweet shooter. Thats why I have one and people who don't are jealous of me.
        Yeah right, your obviously well medicated, jealous??? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Comment

Originally posted by ntypicl11 View Post
          Yeah right, your obviously well medicated, jealous??? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Don't hate the player.

- Kevin Strother

Comment

Originally posted by Chippy (aka Slippy) View Post

Don't hate the player.
            I don't hate the player, who would that be??? If your referring to yourself, it s more like, Don't play the hater! lol

Comment

Beyond parallel limbs will be quieter in my experience, I personally wish Elite would offer a split limb like that, I think there missing some market share. Then again some string silencers goes along way on a GT.
              2011 Pure Sno AT 29/60
              Frequent Frankenbower

Comment

Good luck with the new bow! I hope the guys on Darton's forum are as nice a crew as the guys here.
                Elite E35, LimbDriver Pro V, BG Ascent, BE Carnivore 350

Comment

Originally posted by shootstraight View Post
                  Beyond parallel limbs will be quieter in my experience, I personally wish Elite would offer a split limb like that, I think there missing some market share. Then again some string silencers goes along way on a GT.
                  I was thinking the same!
                  2014 elite???
                  2013 bear motive 7
                  2011 Darton DS3800 62lbs

Comment

Originally posted by Perry24 View Post
                    Good luck with the new bow! I hope the guys on Darton's forum are as nice a crew as the guys here.
                    Is there a darton forum? Will keep my pure as the 6" brace of the darton worries me when I am all bundled up for late season whitetail, so I will probably still hang around here!
                    2014 elite???
                    2013 bear motive 7
                    2011 Darton DS3800 62lbs

Comment

Is there a darton forum? Will keep my pure as the 6" brace of the darton worries me when I am all bundled up for late season whitetail, so I will probably still hang around here!
                      I'm not sure if they do. It seems that more and more companies are starting to supports forums, so I figured maybe Darton would. Maybe Chippy can chime in.

I wouldn't worry about the brace height. Shoot prior to the season in the clothes you will be wearing to make sure there is no contact.
                      Elite E35, LimbDriver Pro V, BG Ascent, BE Carnivore 350

Comment

You can still stick around here even if you don't shoot an Elite

Comment

I had a couple Darton's back in the day.
                          A Maverick and a Mag Extreme.
                          I loved the Maverick but hated the Mag Extreme.
                          They were very quiet bows as I recall.
                          The Maverick was fast for the day. 318IBO was smokin' then.
                          I think Darton has one of the best cam systems but they aren't too
                          popular anymore.
                          2014 E32
                          2011 PULSE AP
                          TUNER OF BOWS BY LONG DISTANCE
                          Member of the JURY MEMBER OF THE LEFTY BROTHERHOOD

"If it ain't broke , I can MAKE it better".
                          Integrity is doing the right thing when no one is looking.

Comment

Darton, an adverstised IBO thats not a complete farce. Thats refreshing in the archery bizz.

- Kevin Strother

Comment

Originally posted by archer58inPA View Post
                              I had a couple Darton's back in the day.
                              A Maverick and a Mag Extreme.
                              I loved the Maverick but hated the Mag Extreme.
                              They were very quiet bows as I recall.
                              The Maverick was fast for the day. 318IBO was smokin' then.
                              I think Darton has one of the best cam systems but they aren't too
                              popular anymore.
                              I also owned a Maverick...pretty sure that they(Darton) used 60/300 to rate their bows back then. Also thinking that was the 1st cam n half(cps) system released before Hoyt jumped all over the design. Dang Geno that must have been around 2001 or so?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Comment

Working...
                              X