3-D Arrows?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3-D Arrows?

How many of you shoot the bigger dia. shafts for 3-D?
    Such as 27 series dia. like the Black Eagle Magnums, Full Bores, etc
    Or do you prefer the 19/64" dia. shafts?

I have been shooting Flatlines for 3d this past year....I believe they're the same size as the Lightspeeds.

I will probably be switching to Fatboys for next year....just trying to get a little advantage!

Comment

Ive been shooting the carbon express blue streak selects.
      Same size as Lightspeeds and the like.
      They are flying GREAT!
      But just bought a dozen Black Eagle Magnums and originaly was going to set some up for 3-D.
      Thought that large dia. would be great for snagging a few lines!
      But finished weight will be around 358g with a 100g tip.
      Going with the 100g tip to keep the FOC at a decent % and not get to low a FOC.
      Where as my blue streaks for 3-D right now are 322g and I like that lighter weight for the speed.
      So debating now to maybe set the magnums up for indoor spot shooting instead.

Comment

Gold Tip X-Cutter Pro's

Comment

Gold tip 22 series

Comment

I'm using CXL 250 pro's for 3-D it's a larger diameter around a 23 series arrow but at 29'' with a 100grain point I still weigh in at 316 grains. OMA
            2014 E35 AP Snow 60lb 31''
            2013 Pure AP Snow 60lb 31''
            2010 Judge Anthracite Metallic 60lb 30''
            2011 Tour AP Snow 60lb 31'' Dead Center Archery Products Factory Staff
            Light travels faster than sound .... thats why some people appear bright until you hear them speak!!!!!!!

Comment

I have toyed with fat shafts but don't like the inevitable at my DL, they are always to stiff and don't fly well unless I add mad weight of front. For my 28" DL and 60lb bow setups I still can't find an arrow that flys as well as gold tip pro hunters so that's what I always go back to, although for fat shafts GT22's are the best I have tried.
              12 Answer
              Dead Center ArcheryShooting StaffTriple Toe Game Calls Pro Staff
              Elites of the past: 09 Z28, 10 Z28, 11 Pure

Comment

I am shooting Gold Tip 30x Pro's and love them.
                2011 Elite Tour Slime Green
                2012 Elite Pure Ninja

Comment

im shooting the arrows you described 350 spine and they fly great, x cutter's are on the shelf 360 gr arrow works great as I only shoot ASA stuff
                  Envy 4 times
                  GT 500
                  E-FORCE
                  ENERGY 35

Comment

To the guys that are shooting the light arrows (305-320gr), are you not shooting in an association with speed limits? I have to shoot my 60lb setups around 380gr to stay under 280.
                    2010 GT500 40lb
                    2010 Judge 50lb harvest moon
                    2012 Prime Shift LR 40lb Optifade Forest
                    2014 Elite Energy 35
                    Custom Strings starting at $45! To order, click link below!
                    https://catfishcustoms.wufoo.com/for...stoms-strings/

Comment

Victory HV 350's Fly great if you know where to put the stiff side of the spine . No rules up by me . No classes for different sight's , age , or anything . Either shoot bowhunter or open , thats its . If you shoot alot in the open , I'd think about the GT22's , good all around arrow .
                      2010 GT500 , 2011 snow Pure [ Fire , wifes bow ] Retrieverfishing's Custom string field staff

Comment

I am shooting Gold Tip 30X Pro's cut at at 26 1/2" for a 27 1/2" draw at 70 lbs or so and they are stiff but shoot great out to 60 yards.
                        Twisted Archer Custom Bowstrings-Owner
                        Envy's & SBH Energy's (1 Updated K8's & 1 Rev'd)
                        IN MEMORY OF MELISSA LOPEZ, WE LOVE AND TRULY MISS YOU.

Comment

I'm not that serious into 3D or competition. To me it's fun and good practice for hunting so I just use my hunting arrows.

Comment

I use fatboy 500's for 3-D. They fly well at 53 lbs DW & 28" DL.
                            Life should be measured by how many selfless acts of kindness someone does to positively influence somebody else's life.

Gt500,Bodoodle,Bstinger,
                            Easton fatboys, 28" DL, 53lbs

Comment

im fletching up some ultralight 22 pros right now with 130g up front. probably going to end up cutting them about 29'' total length for a 30'' draw 52lb gt500. crazy stiff but should shoot good
                              12 Answer w. 13 cams
                              13 PSE Phenom

Comment

Working...
                              X