X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Short brace hieght Vs. Long brace hieght

How many of you feel that a 6 inch bh bow is "less accurate" than a 7 or 8? If you put each one in a hooter shooter is the 8 inch brace hieght rig gonna hit the 12 ring every time......and the 7 or 6 hit the mark less often?
    Yes, the 6 inch bh makes it an unshootable POS
    12.50%
    No, the 6 inch bh makes no difference in the bows accuracy
    70.83%
    I dont know (which means I wont voice my opinion for fear of getting bashed to death)
    0.00%
    "Cant we all just get along????"
    16.67%

In a Hooter Shooter they all should shoot the same.

Comment

Originally posted by P.Smash View Post
      How many of you feel that a 6 inch bh bow is "less accurate" than a 7 or 8? If you put each one in a hooter shooter is the 8 inch brace hieght rig gonna hit the 12 ring every time......and the 7 or 6 hit the mark less often?
      Has nothing to do with accuracy Smash. It has everything to do with the forgiving nature. In other words a less then perfect shot is multiplied by the shorter brace Ht.
      While leaning around a branch to make the shot and your form is off the shorter brace may jump the arrow 6 or 8 inches off target, where lets say a 8 inch brace might only show 1 or 2 inches off target. Truthfully there is no way to prove this..Your going to have to take the word of some of us who have been down this road over the years.
      I say shoot what you want. Fact is a larger brace is better for those less then perfect shots. Shows up in placement when your not doing all the right things.
      No ifs and or buts Just maybee.

Comment

My shooting is pretty much limited to backyard practice and killing stuff. My first Elite was an 09 Z which I have to this day. I love the bow. My favorite bow in my stable at the moment is my BowTech Insanity. For what I do with them they both shoot great...and I don't notice any difference in my groups. I have or have had several others in between these two extremes...GTO, Fire, E-500, Reved SBH Energy. Shoot what works for you...dead critters don't really care.
        RIP CENSY...IT WAS A HECK OF A RIDE BROTHER

I am the Brumby Whisperer

优秀射箭胜过炒猪肉大米

Comment

I like dead critters.

Comment

Originally posted by Maybee-R View Post
            Has nothing to do with accuracy Smash. It has everything to do with the forgiving nature. In other words a less then perfect shot is multiplied by the shorter brace Ht.
            While leaning around a branch to make the shot and your form is off the shorter brace may jump the arrow 6 or 8 inches off target, where lets say a 8 inch brace might only show 1 or 2 inches off target. Truthfully there is no way to prove this..Your going to have to take the word of some of us who have been down this road over the years.
            I say shoot what you want. Fact is a larger brace is better for those less then perfect shots. Shows up in placement when your not doing all the right things.

I agree 100%. I realize the forgiveness factor, although I'm not completely sold that it makes as much difference as some people think.....but it IS a factor.

The thing that gets me is when people say: "That short brace bow wont shoot as good as a long brace bow" ............I say that's more about the shooter, not the bow. Having a 1 inch longer powerstroke is not going to cause the arrow to miss the mark.

Comment

Quick question here, why is it called a Hooter Shooter? Seriously?

Comment

I agree 100%. I realize the forgiveness factor, although I'm not completely sold that it makes as much difference as some people think.....but it IS a factor.

The thing that gets me is when people say: "That short brace bow wont shoot as good as a long brace bow" ............I say that's more about the shooter, not the bow. Having a 1 inch longer powerstroke is not going to cause the arrow to miss the mark.
                Originally posted by Sean View Post
                I like dead critters.

I agree with all 3 of you fart smellers

优秀射箭胜过炒猪肉大米

Comment

Honestly I can shoot the Pure at spots the same set up as my XLR. the XLR will kick the Pures butt. Brace is the biggest change in the two bows.
                  Sure it might only be a few points or Xs but either way its a fact. For me anyway brace makes a difference.

Now take both out to the 3.d scene and its a complete turn around. Bigger middles and more speed makes the Pure more forgiving and it kicks the slower XLRs butt. IBO style shoots. Marked yardage I would go back to more brace.
                  Pulse I wouldnt even consider for either type because of the ATA and brace. Plus it wont draw back far enough for me. lol.

Comment

Not sure but I like hooters too

优秀射箭胜过炒猪肉大米

Comment

Dammit Sean, start yer own poll

This discussion is on brace hieght......not my favorite place to get hot wings and beer

JK, I have no idea

Comment

Honestly I can shoot the Pure at spots the same set up as my XLR. the XLR will kick the Pures butt. Brace is the biggest change in the two bows.
                        Sure it might only be a few points or Xs but either way its a fact. For me anyway brace makes a difference.

Now take both out to the 3.d scene and its a complete turn around. Bigger middles and more speed makes the Pure more forgiving and it kicks the slower XLRs butt. IBO style shoots. Marked yardage I would go back to more brace.
                        Pulse I wouldnt even consider for either type because of the ATA and brace. Plus it wont draw back far enough for me. lol.

That does make perfect sense. BUT if you each one in a machine, perfectly tuned, side by side......would the XLR shoot more X's than the Pure?

Comment

That does make perfect sense. BUT if you each one in a machine, perfectly tuned, side by side......would the XLR shoot more X's than the Pure?
                          I can make it so it does. lol. No accuracy is going to be the same. The bow is a tool to launch an arrow. How good the tool fit you is how good the shot is.

Comment

I can make it so it does. lol. No accuracy is going to be the same. The bow is a tool to launch an arrow. How good the tool fit you is how good the shot is.

Thank you That's my point exactly. How well you shoot a bow depends on YOU. Not what some other Douchebag thinks.

Now that being said, 6 inch brace is as short as I feel comfortable shooting.

Comment

So do these hooter shooters come in different sizes such as A, B, C, D or DD?

Sorry for getting off topic Smash. I voted no difference. I think other factors also affect forgiveness, such as ATA and speed of the bow. Jmo
                              2011 Pulse, AT/AP, 29.5"/72lbs
                              HHA DS-5519, QAD HDX, Stokerized 10" Hunter
                              GT Velocity XT arrows , G5 Magloc Compact Quiver

Comment

Working...
                              X