07 Synergy

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 07 Synergy

How is the draw cycle of the 07 Synergies?

My shoulders have seen a lot of abuse, I need something with a smooth draw and good valley.

I have an 05 Allegiance and an 07 Nitrous Slayer, how does it compare to them?

Thnaks, Bill

I don't know about the Nitrous Slayer, but the Allegiance is about the same as Synergy. To be honest, I think all of the Binaries have the same trait, they build energy early in the cycle, which, as you know, makes them feel a little stiff.
    Elite Archery Dealer
    Carbon Express Dealer
    Sword Accusite
    IDF4L

Comment

It is similar to your Allegiance. If you have shoulder problems consider dropping down to 60#. In 06 I shot an Elite E-Force (similar to a Tribute) against a Mathews Switchback in a Mathews shop. My bow was set at 58# but I didn't tell them that and they all remarked about how quiet and fast it was. My bow was setup at 28 inch draw. I asked them to get a 70# 28 inch Switchback and let's shoot both bows through the chrono. We used the same arrow for both bows. My bow came out 2 f.p.s. slower and I offered to turn it up to 61# and let's redo the test. Can anyone say chicken? They wouldn't take me up on it.
      Dave Nowlin
      Murphy's Law Works Even Better In The Woods!!!
      In order to be forgiven, we must forgive.
      LimbDriver Pro Staff
      2006 Suzuki King Quad
      If God is your Co-Pilot, move over and let Him drive!!!

Comment

Bill,
        I have two of the 07's. One in 70lb and one in 60lb. The 70 has a stiff draw in my opinion but it was easy for me to get used to. Draws straight back to the wall and no "hump" at let off. The valley of course is what you make it with the draw stop peg. The 60lb is a dream to draw and has a lot of power behind the stroke. I shoot a 405gr ACC 280fps at 62lbs (maxed limbs). Sorry I can't compare to your other bows as I've never shot them but I sure like my 07's

TEXAS
        2011 PURE MAX 1
        2014 ENERGY 35 XTRA
        2015 SYNERGY MAX 1
        Elite Archery Pro Staff
        Proud Member of the Texas Boys
        BH and HTC Nashville

Comment

Thank you for the replies, I don't have an issue with the weight, it is the drop that kills me. I had a Trykon XL, I really liked the bow, but the sudden drop near the end forced me to sell it.
          I don't have any problems with the Allegiance anywhere in the draw cycle, I've always thought it was smooth to draw.

And I will be dropping down to #60 bow, with the speeds achieved with the new bows, I don't fell the need for #70.

Comment

Well blow me down. Who said a bellows couldn't be taught. Hey folks come over here we have a tame one.
            Dave Nowlin
            LimbDriver Pro Staff
            2006 Suzuki King Quad

Comment

60# is a good choice. I have to agree with you on the Trykon (and I like Hoyt) bump at the end. I did not like it at all. I had the Vectrix XL and that problem was gone. The lack of major drop off at the end is what I really like about the binary cams, but for the record, I shoot at 60-70% let off.
              Elite Archery Dealer
              Carbon Express Dealer
              Sword Accusite
              IDF4L

Comment

Gone with the Victrix huh? I may need to add one of those to the stable.

Comment

Just buy it Bellows, we won't tell The nitrous cammed bow I owned had zero valley and the wall felt spongy too me, but the dl was a bit to long so who knows. The synergy I had for a short time felt good with the smooth or whatever mods, but felt great with the fast mods. Trykons sucked and that's why it became the vectrix
                  DKMF

Comment

Yep, had the Vectrix XL, and loved it. I like the Envy a little better though. I usually like a longer ATA, but I am liking the Envy to hunt with.

It's funny how things can change. I used to hate short ATA bows, and swore off paralell limbs too.
                    Elite Archery Dealer
                    Carbon Express Dealer
                    Sword Accusite
                    IDF4L

Comment

I like around 34"ATA, love the parallel limbs and binaries. I have a Firecat on order, hopefully it will be here soon.

I thinned out a couple of bows, now I need to replace them before the wife takes inventory again.

Comment

It will be bad for you when she gets to where she can tell one bow from another.
                        Dave Nowlin
                        LimbDriver Pro Staff
                        2006 Suzuki King Quad

Comment

Let me know how the Firecat works for you.

When it comes to the wife deal, just order an extra bow or two, then sell the extras and she may not notice the one (s) that you keep. That method has served me well, so far.
                          Elite Archery Dealer
                          Carbon Express Dealer
                          Sword Accusite
                          IDF4L

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Nowlin View Post
                            It will be bad for you when she gets to where she can tell one bow from another.
                            Dave Nowlin

I have learned to keep tham all Camo, she aint color blind.

Comment

I am catching on to the camo trick. I used to have all red bows and that worked out for a while, but she noticed something different about the Vectrix.
                              Elite Archery Dealer
                              Carbon Express Dealer
                              Sword Accusite
                              IDF4L

Comment

Working...
                              X