X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HOW'S MY FORM.. (Yet another one)

Thanks in advance for all your responses.. Don't mind the dog and the fat guy shooting..

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GqrGL6rdPDw"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GqrGL6rdPDw[/ame]

Setup is an Elite Gt-500
    @ 28.5 inch draw length w 1/2 inch loop = 29
    72 lbs.

29 Draw @ 70lbs/Spot Hogg Hunter Hogg It
    Whisker Biscut/Fuse Carbon Connex Stabilizer/G5 Meta Peep/Carbon Tech Panther/Whitetails/321 FPS

sorry man i cant see vids at work.
    Elite GTO

"These days man knows the price of everything, but the value of nothing." Oscar Wilde

Comment

Originally posted by slugger View Post
      sorry man i cant see vids at work.

ok thanks

Comment

It looks like your back arm, and especially elbow, are too high to me and your torso is not in the same plane as you lower body, like you are slightly twisted slightly... i was always coached that you should keep your form the same but bend at the waist to shoot downward instead of lowering your front arm and raising your back arm...
        Change is Mandatory - Growth is Optional

Comment

2xR is right, you need to bend at the waist to shoot uphill or downhill. By dropping your arm you change your form completly. Also to evaluate your form it would be better if you could aim at a target that is level with you so you won't be pointing down. You need to work on squeezing the trigger as well, looks like you punched it pretty good in the video.

At least your bow looks good.
          Scott and Son Archery
          www.scottandsonarchery.com
          Now an Elite Archery Dealer!
          Brightfiber and Toughfiber Fiber Optics
          Martin Staff Shooter and Pro Series Dealer

Comment

Originally posted by Po_Boy View Post
            2xR is right, you need to bend at the waist to shoot uphill or downhill. By dropping your arm you change your form completly. Also to evaluate your form it would be better if you could aim at a target that is level with you so you won't be pointing down. You need to work on squeezing the trigger as well, looks like you punched it pretty good in the video.

At least your bow looks good.

HAHAH.. Thanks for noticing my hot bow..

Man I thought I had perfect form after looking at a few form forums on AT as far as a straight line from my belly button to the middle of my neck and then a straight line from the back of my elbow through my chin to the bottom of my hand.. Back to the drawing board I suppose.

I know I have a problem punching the trigger after talking to some other folks on AT today. That I hope to correct immediatetly.

I will shoot on flat level ground this weekend and take some more video and start there.

Thanks Guys..

Comment

when you release the bow should go in a downward motion,, Not upwards... I always hold the bow with my thumb and index finger only and use the other 3 fingers to tuck under my hand to tweek left and right if need be,, If you turn your hand while looking at this you are making a U figure with those two fingers..., That way the only thing holding is the meat of my palm. and the two fingers.... Looks as though your drawing too much weight as well seeing you had to let down so quickly.. Maybe drop her down a bit more intil you are comfortable with that draw weight... I find I get more confident with a bow the easier it is to draw and hold... with confidence, comes accuracy...
              2012 Elite Answer

As Iron sharpens Iron., So one man sharpens another...Prov:27:17

Comment

Take away three man card points for having your woman video you, and not having enough space in your memory card.

As for your form, unless you are going to start shooting 3d serious I would not worry about it.
                Black Sunshine Jr LH GT500 27.5/70

Comment

Working...
                X