X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• suprise release

so friday morning i was thinking, i better start praticing for this little leauge thingy we got going on now and i need to get my 20yrd pin hitting perfectly in the center instead of 1inch highand left! right? I also decied im gonna try the little springy trigger that came with my scott sabertooth ncs release.
    Boy was I suprised . even though i thought i was doing a good job squeezing a suprise release off with the standard peg trigger, I realized after using the spring trigger that I wouldnt have know a surprise release if it had kicked me in the butt. even though i wasnt punching the trigger i was still commanding the release. Kinda makes me thing ive been missing out for a while now.

Ive never considered using a BT before but now im thinking i need to try one.
    Elite GTO

"These days man knows the price of everything, but the value of nothing." Oscar Wilde

Originally posted by slugger View Post
    so friday morning i was thinking....
    There is a first time for everything.

I too have twiddled with the idear of BT, but just not sure I am smart enough to try it. But then again, Creekchub can do it....
    "Pain is weakness leaving the body"

- Kevin Strother

Comment

the main reason i never tried a BT is I hunt with my bow and any shooting i do is in preparation for deer season and i dont think i will ever use a BT for hunting
      Elite GTO

"These days man knows the price of everything, but the value of nothing." Oscar Wilde

Comment

the main reason i never tried a BT is I hunt with my bow and any shooting i do is in preparation for deer season and i dont think i will ever use a BT for hunting
        we're the same in that regard I guess. I know guys who shoot both. Shooting a BT won't muck you up for hunting with a trigger. All I know about BT is.....there is a reason why all the good shooters use them.

- Kevin Strother

Comment

You can learn to shoot your hunting release using back tension instead of pressing the trigger. It takes practice bit the results are well worth it.
          Member of the West Coast Elite Brew Crew

Comment

Originally posted by CATrapper View Post
            You can learn to shoot your hunting release using back tension instead of pressing the trigger. It takes practice bit the results are well worth it.
            I tried hooking my finger around the trigger and pulling againts the wall but found that I still had to press the trigger to get a shot.
            Elite GTO

Comment

Have you tried reducing the travel on the trigger? I've had too many accidents with true BT releases and have no confidence in them now.
              Member of the West Coast Elite Brew Crew

Comment

I shoot my thumb trigger and index finger release with back tension , but I couldnt well until I used a hinge style release for a month and blind bailing really helped also shooting at dusk when i could just see target but no spots
                09/10 GT 500 61LB
                2010 Z28 62lb

Comment

I tried hooking my finger around the trigger and pulling againts the wall but found that I still had to press the trigger to get a shot.
                  You might be shooting a bow with the Draw length to long.

Comment

I may adust the trigger to be more sensitive and try that since i had it set as hard as it would go so i could squeeze it, mabe if its touchier i can hook it and pull through the shot. but for right now im loving the spring peg!
                    Elite GTO

Comment

Originally posted by Chippy (aka Slippy) View Post
                      we're the same in that regard I guess. I know guys who shoot both. Shooting a BT won't muck you up for hunting with a trigger. All I know about BT is.....there is a reason why all the good shooters use them.

that my friend is not true....... while ALOT use it not all do there are professional who use trigger and thumb releases too...I think whatever you are most comfy with you should used for some people it really helps them ger over panic...Im a take charge kinda gal dont like the surprise
                      2009 GT500 w/Cuda cams
                      2010 PINK Judge

Comment

my bad, not ALL, just 95%.....

- Kevin Strother

Comment

I am struggling with a bout of target panic right now. I am still trying to find a release that will give me a true surprise release. I've tried the springy trigger and it works for a little bit but then I find myself just moving my finger in close to the release and negating the effects of the spring. I also have a Chocolate Addiction that the same thing happens. I also have a Carter Backstrap that I am playing with but it seems inconsistent on the amount of additional pull required to fire plus it's a freaking chunck in the hand.

Guess I'm going to have to go back to old school and break out the 4 finger Stan hinge release. That thing scares the crap outta me for the first few outings and I don't have a big back stop to blank bale with. Name:  b769367c6154daca4b1bfb1ce23639f3.gif
Views: 1
Size:  1.3 KB
                          Elite GT500 Ninja, 30"/60#
                          Bowtech Patriot Dually, 30"/70#

"Just because you have an individual right does not mean that the state or local government can't constrain the exercise of that right."
                          -- Barack Obama - 2008 Philadelphia Democratic Primary Debate

WHAT?!?!

Comment

Originally posted by Chippy (aka Slippy) View Post
                            my bad, not ALL, just 95%.....

do you have target panic? or just MOD panic....
                            2009 GT500 w/Cuda cams
                            2010 PINK Judge

Comment

For those of you that wanna try a BT release but are scared of a true BT, try the carter solution series. I like them alot
                              Stevens Archery
                              Stage 1 Strings

Comment

Working...
                              X