X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ENVY vs GT500 or GTO

O.K i started the conversation about the performance of these bows in another thread and needed to get it on a thread of it's own so here we go. Anyone have both the Envy and or GTO or GT500? I am wondering what real life numbers are coming form these in comparison to the Envy? From conversations with a couple of respected tuners i have come to the conclusion the Envy is still top dog. And i am aware the draw may be a little more harsh but with all things i have seen posted from string issues to un obtainable numbers i still have to wonder if the Envy will be topped? The two i have are shooting 303-310 with a 420-428 grain arrows at 29" draw. I know the draw is almost a 1/4" long after adding gripwerks one piece grips but they fit me that way. Is the draw on the GT500 that much more smooth than the Envy? Noise is not an issue on any of todays new bows in my opinion. Lets hear your thoughts.

I've owned all three bows and believe the GT500 is that much smoother,,, The Envy got sold because of the GTO,. The GTO because of the birth of the Gt500... And it wasn't just because of the speeds and smoothness of the draw... THese bows progress asthe years go on.. The Envy of course may still be the king of speed... But with the cams the bow had. It should continue to be for quite awhile.. I also liked the color scheme of the Envy. But the Smoothness and forgivness of both the GTO and GT500 made me believe I gave up a collectable for a good reason.. I have never shot a bow better then the GT500.. BUt the Z28 is due in tomorrow... Till then,, the GT500 is #1 dawg in my book... It's fast. smooth , quiet. and balances better then any bow I've shot to date.. But heck, Don't take my word.. Ask a few more of these guys...The Gt500 is da Bum Diggidy!
    2012 Elite Answer

As Iron sharpens Iron., So one man sharpens another...Prov:27:17

Comment

the regular GTO performs the best from what I've seen.
      "Pain is weakness leaving the body"

- Kevin Strother

Comment

I disagree Chippy.. The GTo was good,, but the Gt500 is faster,. smoother, quieter and balances better then any bow out there...
        2012 Elite Answer

Comment

i believe the GTO is the best of the gt's... gt500 is not smoother on the draw. IMO
          GTO
          Envy #288

Comment

Hopalong,, why is it that I shot my GTO at 53lbs and my Gt500 at 56lbs respectively?? And it still feels better?? Have you shot both bows equally on a regualr basis?
            2012 Elite Answer

Comment

I don't own a GT500 (yet) but I have shot one. Although the GTO is one nice bow in all aspects, I think the GT500 is smoother on the draw, is just as fast and is quieter than any Elite speed bow to date. I would also like to compare the Envy to these bows but I have not received it back yet.

TEXAS
              2011 PURE MAX 1
              2014 ENERGY 35 XTRA
              Elite Archery Pro Staff

Proud Member of the Texas Boys
              BH and HTC Nashville

Comment

yes. i i constantly shoot my bow at 84 and a gt500 at 74 or 73 when ever i want really the draw on the gto is 29 and gt500 is 28.5. your talking about a 3lb diffrence in your draw weights. can you realistically base your claim on being able to draw 3 more pounds? sugar pills will make you do that.
                GTO
                Envy #288

Comment

To each his own Hopalong... But at the weight your shooting, honestly,, how can you even be concerned with things like smoothness , speed. or balance? THink about it.. Pound for pound, who''s getting a better feel for the bow, you or I? At almost 50 years of age.. I still can pull 80lbs if need be . But my question is why? Heck , I can kill about any whitetail on the planet shooting a 60 lb bow. at 28" draw using a 420 grn axis arrow... It's more then plenty!... I don't understand why folks need to shoot such heavy bows unless they are going to Africa shooting Elephant.. One of the most important things when your shooting a bow, weather it be for Trophy game or competition type archery.. Accuracy comes with confidence, and confidence comes with having a bow that your more then capable of shooting for numberous times for a very long period of time...Not having to be concerned with a glitch in your shoulder or having to let down because your having to wait on the of a lifetime.. So again... who's being more concerned about balance, And don't even go there with Kevin Strothers being a guy who shoot's both competetively as well as continuosly.., the man's a freak of nature,, LOL
                  2012 Elite Answer

Comment

Can't speak to the Envy personally, but cataloging the posts I have read, The Envy is top speed dog production bow vs. production bow, except for a few special super-tuned/custom string'd GTO's out there by Carter. Supposedly the GT500 is a few fps faster than the GTO, so we'll see. I personally agree that the GT500 is slighter smoother, steadier, quieter and deader at the shot than the GTO. So if it is a few fps faster, than "...The GT500 is da Bum Diggidy! "
                    Change is Mandatory - Growth is Optional

Comment

Originally posted by Takeum View Post
                      To each his own Hopalong... But at the weight your shooting, honestly,, how can you even be concerned with things like smoothness , speed. or balance? THink about it.. Pound for pound, who''s getting a better feel for the bow, you or I? At almost 50 years of age.. I still can pull 80lbs if need be . But my question is why? Heck , I can kill about any whitetail on the planet shooting a 60 lb bow. at 28" draw using a 420 grn axis arrow... It's more then plenty!... I don't understand why folks need to shoot such heavy bows unless they are going to Africa shooting Elephant.. One of the most important things when your shooting a bow, weather it be for Trophy game or competition type archery.. Accuracy comes with confidence, and confidence comes with having a bow that your more then capable of shooting for numberous times for a very long period of time...Not having to be concerned with a glitch in your shoulder or having to let down because your having to wait on the of a lifetime.. So again... who's being more concerned about balance, And don't even go there with Kevin Strothers being a guy who shoot's both competetively as well as continuosly.., the man's a freak of nature,, LOL

not to argue with you takeum but I know several people who can draw an 80 or 90 lb bow with the same ease that i draw a 70lber they do so because they are naturally bigger and stronger than i am.

I know a guy who looks like an avg biult man however in the gym he can bench press over 400 lbs. he grabbed my gto set on 73 lbs and pulled it back like it was a kids recurve.

I agree with what you said however there are guys who could shoot over 100 lbs but choose to shoot 80 or 90 lbs just they way you could shoot 80lbs if you wanted but choose to shoot closer to 60
                      Elite GTO

"These days man knows the price of everything, but the value of nothing." Oscar Wilde

Comment

i dont need to worry about pulling the poundage of my bow and i believe i get a better feel for the bow being that it is a heavier poundage. think about it and it will make sense.

btw next time that deer is facing you and you dont think you could gut him and you have to let him pass then you can ask me why i shoot 80>>>>>
                        GTO
                        Envy #288

Comment

I'm going to add that the E500 might be the best speed bow that Elite has made. I have 3 different mods so it can be super smooth, slightly more agressive, and pull you through peep sight if you let up a hair with 500 mods. All with one bow. Might not be the fastest give or take 5 fps but having the flexiblilty to set it up for the specific game your hunting is key for me.
                          E-500 60lb in MAX4
                          E-500 60lb Black AP w/updated K8's
                          E-500 70lb in APG
                          2 XXL's 70lb with fire cams in G1

Comment

Yes, yes, the GTO and GT500 are waaaay better than the Envy. The Envy was slow and noisy and kicked like a mule and was unbalanced and tore strings and cables up and man those things were ugly and they even had a smell to them that could not be detected by humans but wow could the deer smell it. And they had those darn Nealy strings on them that stretched and stretched and those string suppressors just broke all the time and the bow was $10,000. And they had those little quiver hexes that you had to buy adapters to get a quiver to fit at an odd angle and just the lettering "ENVY" on the limbs was ugly.

Now, please PM me if you want to sell me your Envy so you can upgrade to a GTO or GT500.

Comment

Oh the days of Envy! I miss the Ol Girl...
                              Last edited by Takeum; 10-17-2008, 02:18 PM.
                              2012 Elite Answer

Comment

Working...
                              X