X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thought I had done it all!

You know that shirt that says "been there, done that, got the shirt"? Well I think I should have one. If you can screw something up or figure out a way to hurt yourself on accident I have done it. Well I did it again and actually impressed myself with my level of ingenuity (stupidity)

So HuntingChic got her new Fire in the other day. Being the GREAT husband that I am I set the bow up for her so she can shoot it as soon as she gets home. Well while setting the fall away cord I notice that the rest is a bit low at full draw. Like an idiot (while at full draw 62lbs) I twist my hand around to see if it is in the full upright position by pushing up on it with my thumb. Long story short (too late) I have a reverse dry fire. I held onto the string and the riser flew backwards and imbedded the cable rod between my trigger and middle finger right at the point of webbing. Shot straight through to the bone. SOMEHOW, I drove myself to the hospital and what you see is what followed. The pics don't do it justice as you can't see the bone from that angle.

Who gets dumbass of the year???

Dude! OUCH....

Best wishes buddy...Dang....

Comment

Yeah went out the next morning and made sure I could still shoot my bow. Hurt like **** (and broke 2 of the stitches) but I can get it done. Nothing stopping me next week.

Comment

at least the bow should be ok

Sorry Dave, I could nt help it,, seriously, Everyday people do stupid things, today you just happend to be one of them.

OK seriously..... hope you get well soon
        Elite GTO

"These days man knows the price of everything, but the value of nothing." Oscar Wilde

Comment

Before I even stopped the bleeding I was checking the bow to make sure it was okay. No adverse effects. But my hand does make an incredible string stopper. LMAO!!!!!!!! Sorry......pain killers are kicking in....

Comment

Two words

Draw Board. I am glad it is not worse. Take care Buddy. John
            Elite GT 500 28 " 71.4 358 Gr. arrow. 320.7 fps.= KE 81.42 lbs. Stage 1 Strings. Fury X Preformance tune.

Comment

That's gonna leave a mark!!
              Semper Fidelis!!!
              Lonnie Croft
              Home of "Croft Custom Strings" & "6 Point Archery"
              Staff Shooter with;, Tru-Ball, Bohning, ,
              Victory Archery

Comment

If ya wanted it pierced you should have just asked me!!!
                2009 GT500 w/Cuda cams
                2010 PINK Judge

Comment

man thats got to be a first.congrats hope this dosent start a new trend.couldve just been hunting chics bow was just so bloodthirsty it had to have a victim?dont feel bad ive done stupider,for instance;when i was young,i was putting muzzy heads on at the range for some pre season tuning,had all my arrows sitting on a picnic table just screwed the first ferrule(no blades)onto the first shaft put the arrow head first in my mouth to free my hands to dig in my tackle box the wind blows my arrows start to fall off the table ibend forward to catch my arroiws the nock end of the arrow hits the table bench driving the muzzy into the back of my throatwhere it hung till i could gather myself enough to PULL the muzzy out,i bled like crazy.now tell me thats not the STUPIDIST thing youve ever heard of a guy doing!!!!!!!!
                  2011 pulse 30/63lbs

Comment

Originally posted by killemclean View Post
                    man thats got to be a first.congrats hope this dosent start a new trend.couldve just been hunting chics bow was just so bloodthirsty it had to have a victim?dont feel bad ive done stupider,for instance;when i was young,i was putting muzzy heads on at the range for some pre season tuning,had all my arrows sitting on a picnic table just screwed the first ferrule(no blades)onto the first shaft put the arrow head first in my mouth to free my hands to dig in my tackle box the wind blows my arrows start to fall off the table ibend forward to catch my arroiws the nock end of the arrow hits the table bench driving the muzzy into the back of my throatwhere it hung till i could gather myself enough to PULL the muzzy out,i bled like crazy.now tell me thats not the STUPIDIST thing youve ever heard of a guy doing!!!!!!!!
                    CRAP FIRE AND SAVE THE MATCHES.....I feel better now.... J/K

Comment

Originally posted by killemclean View Post
                      OMG, that hurts just thinking about it.
                      Elite GTO

"These days man knows the price of everything, but the value of nothing." Oscar Wilde

Comment

glad i could help DOA
                        2011 pulse 30/63lbs

Comment

please tell me you were drinking...heavily...

Either way, I'm glad you weren't hurt bad.

Did you cry?
                          "Pain is weakness leaving the body"

- Kevin Strother

Comment

Originally posted by DOAGuide View Post
                            Before I even stopped the bleeding I was checking the bow to make sure it was okay. No adverse effects. But my hand does make an incredible string stopper. LMAO!!!!!!!! Sorry......pain killers are kicking in....
                            What DOA are you trying to invent a new string stopper J/K
                            Glad you are alright.
                            I would rather be Bowhunting
                            Take your Child Hunting and you wont have to hunt for your child

Comment

killemclean....do tell me you have photos of that...?????????
                              Semper Fidelis!!!
                              Lonnie Croft
                              Home of "Croft Custom Strings" & "6 Point Archery"
                              Staff Shooter with;, Tru-Ball, Bohning, ,
                              Victory Archery

Comment

Working...
                              X