Heres 1 for ya'll self fletchers

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heres 1 for ya'll self fletchers

I have seen alot of fletching question on here and now its my turn. When fletching arrows with a 3 blade broadhead using 3 fletches do you match the fletches to the blades? I am seeing people on here now fletching with 4 fletches using mini blazers ( I really want to try that) are you matching the blazers up to be in line with the blades? If not are you putting them in between?

Overall 4 fletch mini blazer users are you happy with the setup or do you wish you had stayed with 3 regular blazers?
    I NEVER make mistakes, I thought I did once but I was mistaken.

It is a fallacy that you need to match up your vanes with the blades to make your broadheads fly true. What is really important is that your bow is tuned for shooting broadheads and that your arrows are correctly spined. I have been shooting 4 mini Blazers for two years now and will probably never change my set up unless something better comes along. So to answer your question, I am very happy with using the 4 Mini's and even my 125gr two blade Silver Flames fly like darts.

TEXAS
    2011 PURE MAX 1
    2014 ENERGY 35 XTRA
    2015 SYNERGY MAX 1
    Elite Archery Pro Staff
    Proud Member of the Texas Boys
    BH and HTC Nashville

Comment

I dont think that trying to line up the fletch with the broadhead blades would make any difference in arrow flight. I am currently shooting NAP crossfire broadheads. The blades turn freely on the center shaft just like the original Razorbak 5.
      As far as 4 fletch vs 3 fletch go, I hunted with arrows that were fletched with 4-3" feathers for several years. These carried a broadhead better than the same arrow fletched with 3-5" feathers. Simple physics will tell that the more fletching surface on the arrow the better it will control the flight of the arrow.
      ArrowStar1

I've spent over 32 years of my life Bowhunting, the rest I just wasted.

PBS Regular Member

Comment

Not necessary. I know alot of people who do it but it is more of a confidence booster for the shooter than anything. What would it actually accomplish? They want them to line up for airflow but your arrow is spinning and with different length arrows and degrees of offset the likelihood of the vanes meeting up with the same airspace as the vanes is pretty small.
        Scott and Son Archery
        www.scottandsonarchery.com
        Now an Elite Archery Dealer!
        Brightfiber and Toughfiber Fiber Optics
        Martin Staff Shooter and Pro Series Dealer

Comment

you can add orings onto the ends of your broadheads so that you can turn the broadhead to match vanes or where it gets best rotation on your arrow spin tester for best balance points.... But the enventually break and fall off,,, So small washers are best...
          2012 Elite Answer

As Iron sharpens Iron., So one man sharpens another...Prov:27:17

Comment

PO BOY is dead correct here... You think this is NAscar and we would need wind tunnel or NASA testing to get things lined up. Next thing you know we will have something akin to restrictor plates.. GO KB 18
            MY GT500 bow is named NockCracker. my Hunting rig a GT-500 60# 29" G1 Camo, Spot-hogg 5 pin , Limb driver, B-stinger 12" 11 oz, GTul 400's ,295 FPS- 350- Gr or "Stealth" My Camo XLR 29" 54# Spot bow officially out of shake down testing..PASSED!! shot my first 300 VEGAS BABY and my 2nd in the same day..

Comment

I Do!

It's a Virgo thing...LoL!!!
              Be nice I'm a 'lefty'!!!

2010 BowTech Destroyer 340 Hardwoods HD
              2013 Elite Answer AT Black/Max-1

Blackgold, G5, RipCord, Octane, CarbonTech, BuckNasty/CoreArchery & SitkaGear

Comment

I'm a 4 mini vane shooter. I've been very pleased with them thus far. Elkski, you are the first KB fan I've ever heard admit it.
                Envy #114 fall leaf 70lb 29" 409gr @309fps
                GT500 reverse AT 70lb 29" 409gr @306fps
                Sword, Victory, Posten, G5 Montec

Comment

Working...
                X