X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When ordering a new bow

Do the Elites come timed and set at the draw length you specify.

Some pro shops in my area have no draw boards.
    DB
    OK-Archery DST 40, 09 Elite Z28, Vortex binos 15X50 Vipers , Carter releases, Trophy Taker rests, Vapor Trail strings, Custom Bow Equipment sights, Goldtip arrows. B Stinger Stabilizers. Slick Tricks

Yes, your new elite will come in time and to your DL, "SUPER" tuning rarley yields more than 3 or so fps on an out of the box elite
    Elite GTO

"These days man knows the price of everything, but the value of nothing." Oscar Wilde

Comment

I check all of mine on the drawboard and they are usually really close. My XLR was spot on but realize that as the bow is used and the strings/cables settle that they will need to be checked on occasion. If your gonna stay with this line for any length of time your probably going to want to put a drawboard together. They are really simple to build and quite handy, their are numerous designs on this site. I personally think that supertuning is overated.
      2011 Pure Sno AT 29/60
      Frequent Frankenbower

Comment

When I got mine out of the box, it hit IBO. so im assuming it came timed. Michael took the time to check and recheck timing and do whatever he needed to do, But im pretty sure it came out the box almost perfect.

DB,

there have been many posts on how to make a draw board, and I think it can be done for fairly cheap.

Comment

If you get through Scottie/PA, he will check timing, DL and let off. 100% satisified with his service.
          XLR 60lb
          XLR 70lb
          Mathews Apex (sale pending)
          Hoyt Protec
          Suffer from BO-CD!

Comment

Why don't they have draw boards?

Every bow that comes in my shop, regardless of the brand or cam system ends up on the draw board. Draw boards make everything easier. Checking poundage, checking draw length, setting cam timing, setting single cam orientations, installing drop away rests and the list goes on.

Building one isn't rocket science and it costs less than $50. I've seen shops with much more expensive tools with far fewer uses.
            Owner of:

Pathfinder Arrow Wraps

Comment

Most my pro buddies dont have draw boards

Originally posted by jcmorgan31 View Post
              Why don't they have draw boards?

Every bow that comes in my shop, regardless of the brand or cam system ends up on the draw board. Draw boards make everything easier. Checking poundage, checking draw length, setting cam timing, setting single cam orientations, installing drop away rests and the list goes on.

Building one isn't rocket science and it costs less than $50. I've seen shops with much more expensive tools with far fewer uses.
              Some of the best shooter out there on the tournament trail. Up to now I never needed one with a Hoyt or Mathews,'
              DB
              OK-Archery DST 40, 09 Elite Z28, Vortex binos 15X50 Vipers , Carter releases, Trophy Taker rests, Vapor Trail strings, Custom Bow Equipment sights, Goldtip arrows. B Stinger Stabilizers. Slick Tricks

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel Boone View Post
                Some of the best shooter out there on the tournament trail. Up to now I never needed one with a Hoyt or Mathews,'
                DB
                You aren't a shop owner DB and just because you never used one on your Hoyt or Mathews doesn't mean it wouldnt have made working on one easier.

For a shop owner, it makes perfect sense when working on bows. I can draw the bow on the board and lock it. From there I can get the exact draw length at the appropriate let-off, I can nock an arrow and mark it for cutting, I can let the bow down a couple inches and install a drop away properly, I can set draw stops precisely and I can set timing withought having someone else draw the bow and look at it. From my standpoint, I wouldn't have a shop without one. From a shooters standpoint, if my shop had one, I might not.
                Owner of:

Pathfinder Arrow Wraps

Comment

You aren't a shop owner DB and just because you never used one on your Hoyt or Mathews doesn't mean it wouldnt have made working on one easier.
                  OUCH!

"Pain is weakness leaving the body"

- Kevin Strother

Comment

For a shop owner, it makes perfect sense when working on bows. I can draw the bow on the board and lock it. From there I can get the exact draw length at the appropriate let-off, I can nock an arrow and mark it for cutting, I can let the bow down a couple inches and install a drop away properly, I can set draw stops precisely and I can set timing withought having someone else draw the bow and look at it. From my standpoint, I wouldn't have a shop without one. From a shooters standpoint, if my shop had one, I might not.
                    Totally agree with this... draw board lets you see whats going on with your bow without taking a chance on someone else holding it at full draw.

Comment

Originally posted by Chippy (aka Slippy) View Post
                      OUCH!

That wasn't intended to be an OUCH statement.

I never used a draw board either before I owned a shop. Never heard of one to be honest. You can set up a bow without one. It isn't necessary to have one. My point is that when you own a shop, and you get in numerous bows to tune, it is a lot easier to use a draw board. Just like having 6 bitzenbergers on a spinning board. It isn't necessary, but it sure helps when you have 5 or 6 dozen arrows to fletch.
                      Owner of:

Pathfinder Arrow Wraps

Comment

That wasn't intended to be an OUCH statement.
                        I meant you didn't have to yell at the poor guy, thats all.

And I wouldn't know a draw board from an ironing board to be honest. But don't yell at me. Matter fact, I don't even know if any of the local shops have one. They do have bow presses, that I do know.
                        "Pain is weakness leaving the body"

- Kevin Strother

Comment

Originally posted by Chippy (aka Slippy) View Post
                          I meant you didn't have to yell at the poor guy, thats all.

And I wouldn't know a draw board from an ironing board to be honest. But don't yell at me. Matter fact, I don't even know if any of the local shops have one. They do have bow presses, that I do know.
                          Yelling is done in all CAPS. I'm not yelling at anyone. Just sharing my experience.
                          Owner of:

Pathfinder Arrow Wraps

Comment

No agruement

Most my buddys have a hooter Shooter and can use it. Do you have a Hooter Shooter. Want to find tune you best find those bad arrows first.
                            Ill have a draw board and will make sure the shops will also.
                            DB

Comment

If I were a hooter shooter, then I would tune with one. However, I'm a human and far from being able to repeat what the hooter shooter does. Human error is what makes archery challenging. Tuning with a hooter shooter means very little once you put the bow back into the hands of the shooter.
                              Owner of:

Pathfinder Arrow Wraps

Comment

Working...
                              X