X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• please guys help new at bow shooting

I stay in South Africa and I just started with bow shooting I got myself a elite envy PLEASE HELP WITH TIPS ON WHAT TO AND WHAT NOT

It will help if your more specific about what kinda help you need?
    Welcome to the forum.
    No ifs and or buts Just maybee.

Comment

tips

Thanks for the reply I just started shooting is there anything I should know that u can help me with like the basics like how often do you wax your string, is there anything that I must add to my envy except the sight and the basic stuff

Comment

Wax the string often enough to keep it from getting dry and fuzzy looking. It can depend on the weather and how much you shoot. Arrows and proper spine depend on length of draw and draw weight, point weight, fletching.
        Some people try to turn back their odometers. Not
        me, I want people to know "why" I look this way. I've
        traveled a long way and some of the roads weren't paved.

Comment

i would use a good string cleaner first... then wax your string.. i like the venom or winner's choice cleaner and wax

Comment

the only true must add on to your bow is a rest... all the other stuff is optional.

a sight, rest, stabilizer, peep(i know dave's gonna disagree with this one), i recommend using a d-loop, a good release. quality arrows.. that's about it.

Comment

Is someone setting this bow up for you or is it set up?
              Gripwerks Staff Shooter

E-500
              E-Force
              Alien X
              Sentinel
              Captain
              Energy
              BT Allegiance

Comment

getting started

First and foremost make sure your draw lenght is correct, next for beginners is to have a kisser button , peep sight this will allow you to learn to anchor consistently by doing so helping you to become a better shooter. Check your draw weight then choose an arrow with correct spine stiffness. Please feel free to ask any more ? you may have , i hope this helps you in your archery journey

Comment

on what to do

Thanks guys all the info will help me alot the bow is set up now by the local bow shop and now i will follow all your advice thanks and if its ok I will be asking more as I go on

Comment

Originally posted by kierrie View Post
                    Thanks guys all the info will help me alot the bow is set up now by the local bow shop and now i will follow all your advice thanks and if its ok I will be asking more as I go on
                    that's what this place is for... good luck to you and congratulations on a great bow

Comment

Originally posted by elite01 View Post
                      First and foremost make sure your draw lenght is correct, next for beginners is to have a kisser button , peep sight this will allow you to learn to anchor consistently by doing so helping you to become a better shooter. Check your draw weight then choose an arrow with correct spine stiffness. Please feel free to ask any more ? you may have , i hope this helps you in your archery journey
                      What he said is extremely important BUT.......make sure you know the person/shop who is helping you knows what they are doing and not going thru the motions. Dont be bashful to ask questions.......if the DL he determines you to be does not feel right, discuss it as each person is different when it comes to archery, what might work for one might not work for another.
                      I wish I had the internet back when I started in the 60's!
                      Visit --> Tough Antler Tees

Z-28 Owner

Comment

Working...
                      X