X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ultramax View Post
    Most people dont know the differance between a flathead, a blue, or a channel. I have several friends and family who thought they didnt like catfish until they tried flathead. The meat is white and flakey and I like it about as much as crappie. In Missouri were not allowed to noodle so we have to use bank poles or trot lines. I would love to try noodling sometime though!
    How true that is. Oh the days of living in Texas between the Red River and the Sulphur River. There is a huge difference in farm raised channel cat and river flatheads.

Comment

Originally posted by L-train View Post
      A real Redneck wouldnt be wearin sissy rubber gloves, j/k, pretty cool P.
      I had to go in to the office that morning and I wear rubber gloves when cleaning them to keep the smell down. If you've ever cleaned a big flathead you'd know that the smell is almost impossible to get rid of for a while.
      Sometimes I dont mind the smell, but it's not very professional.

Comment

Nice fish, I like to catch flatheads and blues. Noodling is fun but I havn't done it in years. Getting lazy, to easy to sit in the boat and catch them.
        Limited Edition TA GTO 64# @ 28.5"
        Elite E 500 64# @ 28.5"
        The start of a love affair
        Ninja E Force...Black Thunder
        FMJ Silverflames/Phathead
        Posten Spot Hogg
        Ford Tough

Comment

As a Canadian still can't wrap my head around shoving your hand in a fishes mouth for it to clamp down on!!!!!!! either way nice fish time to go get some walleyes.
          this awesome avatar is courtesy tough antler tees I stand in awe of his great work
          I live with fear every day and some days she lets me go hunting

Comment

Turtles

My dad tells me stories about "noodling", but I was always more baffled by the "feeling for snappers" that he and his brothers used to do. They would wade small streams, and feel for snapping turtles, reach in, pull them up, and put them in burlap sacks. He said you can always tell which end was the head because the shell was smooth there. It was sawtooth on the back end near the tail, so that was how they knew which end to grab.

I did "noodle" once, but that was only because I was on a Boy Scout Survival outing, and I saw a nice blue cat swim into a half buried barrel in some shallow water. Still pretty wild, I can't imagine if you couldn't see anything. I did eat well that night though.

Comment

Originally posted by P.Smash View Post
              That's just a true redneck moment captured in time. I wanted to take that pic so I could show her when she's older. My wife did'nt understand either. I thought it was classic.
              I agree. Its a classy pic! Don't never let no one tell ya no different!

Looks like a lot of fun as well!

Comment

Which river? Neosho or Spring River.
                08 GTO Ninja
                08.5 XLR Snow Camo A/T (currently)
                Hoyt Gamemaster
                Mathews Rival Pro
                New Breed Horizon
                New Breed Eclipse

"Don't out smart your common sense"

Comment

You got some big you know what to do that! I think it would scare the crap out of me. Always found it interesting when I see it on tv. Nice catch though!

09 Z28 Sword Sight QAD HD

Comment

Originally posted by Randy D View Post
                    Which river? Neosho or Spring River.
                    These fish came from Lake Tenkiller. I do like noodlin Deep Fork arm of Eufaula as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Droptyne1 View Post
                      You got some big you know what to do that! I think it would scare the crap out of me. Always found it interesting when I see it on tv. Nice catch though!
                      The first couple of times was pretty scary. Now it's just a rush.

Comment

Working...
                      X