Any of you guys fish tournaments?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any of you guys fish tournaments?

Just wondering how many members are tournament bass fishers? If so, what's your favorite lake? What's your "go to" bait? What's your biggest stringer weighed in?

do a lot of buddy bass tourneys. favorite lake around my area is mozingo and smithville lakes. go to baits...zoom brush hogs, trick worms, eakins jigs, and lake fork craw tube, and my favorite for this time of year is carolina rigging a ring-fry off of points especially with brush or rocks at the end. our biggest sack was a little over 22lbs/five fish for one tournament a couple of years ago.

Comment

I fish the heck out of Eakins jigs, peanut butter-n-jelly. The smallmouth eat them up here on Tenkiller. Texas-rigged red tomato 10" worms in deep brushpiles during the hot summer months is how I catch largemouth, and of course the 'ol black and blue flippin jig. I've never fished those lakes, been on Tablerock several times, we caught about a hundred football shaped spotted bass in one night. 22 lbs is a good string

Comment

i've had my boat on tenkiller several times. my dad lives in fort gibson and i used to take him fishing over there all the time. great lake. we'd put in up north to try and get the smallies. we'd also fish the hwy 82 bridge pilings for suspended bass. the lake kind of reminds me of tablerock with all of the cliffs, rocks, drops, etc. just not quite as clear.

Comment

That's a good comparison, it fishes alot like Tablerock. It's a small world, I did'nt realize anyone would recognize my home lake. Jiggin spoon in the winter on those bridge pilings can be dinomite! I'm fishin a jackpot on Tenkiller tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by P.Smash View Post
            That's a good comparison, it fishes alot like Tablerock. It's a small world, I did'nt realize anyone would recognize my home lake. Jiggin spoon in the winter on those bridge pilings can be dinomite! I'm fishin a jackpot on Tenkiller tonight.
            Good luck!

Comment

Been fishing in bass tourney's for over ten years now (much less for the last couple years).

Favorite Lake(s)

Table Rock, Lake Fork and 3 Mile (Iowa).

Biggest one day stringer:

26-10 (Five fish limit) Table Rock 2003

I really wish I had more time to do it. I also wish that I lived closer to some "bass" waters. Most of what we have in my neck of the woods are Walleye waters.

My favorite lure - Berkely Power Jig - Black/Blue with a Zoom Chunk Trailer (Black).
              Mac Island Outdoors
              Elite Archery Gold Dealer
              3488 Road BC
              Superior, NE 68978
              (402) 879-1945
              www.macislandoutdoors.com

Comment

5 fish limit 28.07 Culprit- 7" tequila sunrise and of course TEXAS RIGGED!!! lol

did not place but DA.. what a day!!!! Sam Rayburn in the 80's
                Abstracted Member of the TEXAS BOYS

Comment

I like the salt too much When I want fresh action I go to our stock tank

Comment

Originally posted by wassaw View Post
                    5 fish limit 28.07 Culprit- 7" tequila sunrise and of course TEXAS RIGGED!!! lol

did not place but DA.. what a day!!!! Sam Rayburn in the 80's
                    Didn't place? I have never had the opportunity to fish Rayburn, but I've heard stories from back in the day.
                    Mac Island Outdoors
                    Elite Archery Gold Dealer
                    3488 Road BC
                    Superior, NE 68978
                    (402) 879-1945
                    www.macislandoutdoors.com

Comment

Originally posted by CamG View Post
                      Didn't place? I have never had the opportunity to fish Rayburn, but I've heard stories from back in the day.
                      Me too, I guess it was phenominal.

My biggest string was 18.40 (4 fish) here on Tenkiller. I used to fish a circuit tourney that all over the state. Now I pretty much just small tourneys and night jackpots here on my home lake.

Comment

Oh yeah, almost forgot. Did'nt get a check last night. The fish were biting and I caught a bunch but I just could'nt get that kicker fish in the boat. I broke off on one that felt like a good one, but who knows, it coulda been a drum? We ended up a descent limit, but not enough. Sure was better than working though!

Comment

winning limits were all in the low 30's. Rayburn in the mid 80's- low 90's (till the drought and it went down something like 11 foot) hasn't been the same since that i know of.
                          was in a bass club for the longest while, then a buddy of mine set me straight. he had a 6+ fish hooked and jumping i was scrambling for the side for the "thumb latch". next thing i know the fish was 20 yards away again and jumping far from the boat. i look at him like "what happened?" he looks at me and say's " i'll get her in the boat" when i done having fun.
                          up till then every hook set was a fast reel to the boat
                          . now it's about the fun of fishing again not the
                          Abstracted Member of the TEXAS BOYS

Comment

What are Bass?? We only fish "marble eyes" up here....maybe some salmon on the big lake or trout in the tailrace.....Bass? JK!
                            Muley Mania - - ND Badlands!

2008 GTO....Never letting this one go!

Comment

Originally posted by cordini View Post
                              What are Bass?? We only fish "marble eyes" up here....maybe some salmon on the big lake or trout in the tailrace.....Bass? JK!
                              If I did'nt have bass fishing to get me through the summer I'd go insane.....literally.

Comment

Working...
                              X