X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New thunder stick ordered

Just ordered a T3 lite stainless in 22-250 today! I'm pumped, I heard Tikka's are sweet shooters. Gonna use it for fall turkey, fox, coyote and bobcat.
    2011 PURE Max-1 (a.k.a Maxine)
    Predator Camo
    Vortex Binos

Tikkas are great out of the box. Nice triggers and smooth actions on every one I've handled. The 22-250 with an illuminated reticle scope would make a supeb yote killing set up. Found Tikkas to be one of the best guns for the dollar. Unfortunately, the can spoil you kinda like Elites. Have had a few, got rid of a couple of Brownings and Remingtons the the Tikkas and went to Sakos.
    So can you really use a rifle to hunt Turkeys?

Comment

Very cool. Congrats on the new rifle.

Rob.

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk

Comment

Only in the fall. My 243 destroyed one so I wanted something, hopefully, a little less destructive!
        Predator Camo
        Vortex Binos

Comment

You should see what a .270 does to one!lol Cool purchase btw. That is the caliber I keep hunting for to use for the exact same purpose. Tough to track down one being a lefty.

Comment

Good luck with that one!
            Predator Camo
            Vortex Binos

Comment

Just picked up a Burris 4.5x14x42 with illuminated reticle to put on top of the new rifle, should be a tack driver!
              Predator Camo
              Vortex Binos

Comment

That will be a nice set up. Have to get an illuminated scope on a varmit gun soon. Went out two nights ago, good moonlight and snow and its still hard to find crosshairs quickly. Not allowed to spot yotes here, only natural light. With the temp at 0F it just takes too long to get on and get steady.

Comment

The 2-fitty is a bada$$ round. I love it

Comment

Nice gun. I shot a turkey with my 30-06 back in high school, found 1 leg and foot and the head. Never tried that again.

Comment

hand load with some Sierra 55 GK to minimize pelt damage
                      www.raginblaze.com
                      Cajun Seasoning with a SouthWest Flare

featured products ..... cajun seasoning, chili mix, fajita seasoning
                      seafood boil, New Orleans style coffee and beignets .....

Comment

Sweet, thanks! What about Nosler partition bullets?
                        Predator Camo
                        Vortex Binos

Comment

Yer gonna get a an exit wound every time with partitions. It's controlled expansion so the hole shouldn't be too bad, but there'll be two of 'em. I had some Hornady .223 TAP ballistic tip bullets that shot great......also they were designed for urban combat and NOT to exit the intended target. They worked great for bobcat and coyote sized game since they killed the crap out of them but didn't leave a huge hole. Just a tiny 223 sized entrance wound and that's it. They did however explode like he11 inside the animal

Comment

Think I'll try the partitions, not too worried about # of holes cause I wanna be able to eat the turkeys once I've shot them. Thanks for the great info guys, keep it coming!!
                            Predator Camo
                            Vortex Binos

Comment

22-250 is probably my favorite round. Congrats on the new gun and post some pics once you begin to slay some critters with it!
                              If some animals are good at hunting and others are suitable for hunting, then the Gods must clearly smile on hunting!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X