X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Callin' all Southerner's!

My wife and I would love to take a trip to the Southern States and see some of the historic locations. My wife really wants to see some southern plantations. Any of you in that neck of the woods have any suggestions as to where to go and what to see. We also want to emmerse our children in the history and culture of the area. Any help and suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance.
    Moosie, Moosie Where are you? IT'S MOOSE SEASON AGAIN!!

Come on you guys! Surely a Southerner wants to help a poor guy out!

Comment

Hey, we are all southerners as far as your concerned.
      Some people try to turn back their odometers. Not
      me, I want people to know "why" I look this way. I've
      traveled a long way and some of the roads weren't paved.

Comment

Norsask...............Don't know of any plantations but look at visiting Savannah, GA - St. Augustine, FL and New Orleans, LA. All three cities have rich US history. I would visit in the late summer or the early fall months.

GKK

Comment

Here's two premier plantations that you can tour....I haven't, but have always wanted to....

http://www.middletonplace.org/

http://www.pebblehill.com/

Comment

Thanks guys! I've always wanted to go to Georgia, the Carolina's. My wife has been to Texas, I'd like to go someday. I'd actually like to wint the lottery and do nothing but tour all of the states. The warm states in March is what we are kind of thinking.

Comment

I'd actually love to come down and shoot some 3Ds with some of EAF's finest and get embaressed! lol I'm sure it would still be fun for the guys whoopin' my butt!

Comment

Originally posted by norsask elite View Post
                Thanks guys! I've always wanted to go to Georgia, the Carolina's. My wife has been to Texas, I'd like to go someday. I'd actually like to wint the lottery and do nothing but tour all of the states. The warm states in March is what we are kind of thinking.
                I travel a lot and March could have some weather challenges from Texas east............Lots of unstable weather during that period but who can predict the weather, right?

Comment

Im not a southerner......but we took a family trip one summer to Charleston, S.C and it was nice!
                  Stayed on this island of sorts called Ilse of Palms just off the coast of Charleston.....You drive across to the Ilse....anyhow....there was a Plantation in the area that you can tour, Fort Sumter was cool, and there is a aircraft carrier there that you can tour that is intersting. Also Old Charleston has alot of history and things to see.

Comment

Biltmore Estate
                    GT500
                    Sword, Git-A-Grip, Proline Strings
                    www.ANIMALWORKSTAXIDERMY.COM

Comment

Originally posted by norsask elite View Post
                      Log on to http://www.theoutdoorsplace.net/index.php and post your question .. Most of the guys on there are true Southerners and are full of Georgia history and would be more than helpful in pointing you in the righ tdirection.
                      2009 Elite GT500
                      2010 Elite JUDGE
                      K&K Vengeance

Comment

This is awesome! I appreciate all the help with this. My wife would love to live in a plantation house and has always told me that I'm an American trapped in Canada. lol I could live happily anywhere in the States and be happy, aslong as there's deer to hunt. Thanks again for all the help! Chad

Comment

Working...
                        X