X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• good news/bad news.

Well elite people, its been awhile since I been here. Had lots of drama recently in my life.

The bad news: wife and I are probably getting a divorce.

But

The good news: is I dont have to run me buying a new GTO past anyone first... Come on tax return.

So where is the bad news?

Sucks if you have kids involved.....I wish you the best of luck with things beanz
    Visit --> Tough Antler Tees

Z-28 Owner

Comment

i hear ya brutha

Comment

Sorry to hear that. Hopefully things will work out and you will be better off. Good luck.
        Elite GTO

Comment

Been through it. I didn't think it was right until later when I realized she was NOT right for me! Now remarried with a 16 month old angel (brat) and our second due in August! Coldn't be happier! Well....

Get to ordering that Elite!
          "If you think you are free, then there is no escape"

Terminal Velocity "Limited Edition" NatGear GTO

Comment

Originally posted by beanz2166 View Post
            Well elite people, its been awhile since I been here. Had lots of drama recently in my life.

But

The good news: is I dont have to run me buying a new GTO past anyone first... Come on tax return.
            If'n ya filed a joint return....maybe you shouldn't be counting those chickens just yet...

Sorry to hear about the break up. If you want my top ten list for how to go cope with getting a divorce, just say so and I'll post them.

Comment

sorry to hear that.

Comment

Originally posted by Recordkeeper View Post
                If you want my top ten list for how to go cope with getting a divorce, just say so and I'll post them.
                Let's see them RK!
                Crackerized Ninja GTO
                70/30 IBO with loaded string 347fps
                435 gr Maxima Hunter 314fps

Comment

Originally posted by Fly Low View Post
                  Let's see them RK!
                  1. A divorce is one of the most stressful things that can happen to a person, so take care of your body and your mind throughout the process.

2. No matter how good a good marriage is, it cannot be nearly as good as a bad marriage is bad.

3. You'll think this is a crazy piece of advice, but keep a daily journal about what is going on in your life and your feelings as you progress through the divorce. As time goes on, this will be more helpful than you'd ever believe.

4. Do your very best to stay level headed and rational with everyone you deal with throughout the divorce process. This makes your arguments much more convincing. Don't be afraid to own up to and admit the mistakes you have made. You cannot correct them if you cannot admit to them, and we all know that a failed marriage is very unlikely to be entirely the fault of one party.

5. Look at this time as an opportunity for a fresh start. For yourself and your soon to be former spouse. This is an opportunity to rebuild your life, and more times than not, better times are just around the corner.

6. Be realistic in your expectations through the process. This is hard on everyone involved...not just yourself. This is a really bad time to be selfish.

7. Get a **** good attorney, but don't let them go overboard. A sense of fairness is critical.

9. Don't whine more than necessary about child support. Your children are worth far more than money.

10. When I got my divorce 24 years ago, I lost everything. Absolutely everything. I kept some clothes, a car that wasn't worth $200, and a mountain of debt. I even lost my golf clubs and baseball glove in the process. But I worked hard, climbed out from that pile of debt, made everyone whole, mended relationships, won custody of my child (never collected a single penny of child support and didn't whine about it once), and rebuilt my life from the ashes. It was the hardest thing I have ever had to do in my life, but it was worth it. I now have a great wife, a great family, and a sense of stability that would never have been possible in my first marriage.

Hang in there!

Comment

Originally posted by beanz2166 View Post

But

Dude you're on the Baptist prayer list.

I've had some crazy trauma as well,out side of the archery world. Just hang in there.

Comment

Sounds like great advice RK.
                      2009 AT GT500
                      2008 Red Fire
                      2005 Allegiance

www.selectarchery.com

Comment

Good post I guess RK... I was kinda expecting maybe a humorous pick-me-up Letterman style top ten list. Out of curiousity, Id love to see your top ten list on reasons you like to carry out da-mass bans. That would surely hit the funny bone!

Worry not beanz! Everything happens for a reason. Give it a some time and the next door will open. Maybe it'll look like #10 from da-list and hopefully it brings you northeastward into good whitetail country!
                        Cordwood and Lee's Custom Strings - coming soon!
                        "Life is a dirty game, u need to play dirty to win"-@#Harris

Comment

Originally posted by Recordkeeper View Post
                          1. A divorce is one of the most stressful things that can happen to a person, so take care of your body and your mind throughout the process.

2. No matter how good a good marriage is, it cannot be nearly as good as a bad marriage is bad.

3. You'll think this is a crazy piece of advice, but keep a daily journal about what is going on in your life and your feelings as you progress through the divorce. As time goes on, this will be more helpful than you'd ever believe.

4. Do your very best to stay level headed and rational with everyone you deal with throughout the divorce process. This makes your arguments much more convincing. Don't be afraid to own up to and admit the mistakes you have made. You cannot correct them if you cannot admit to them, and we all know that a failed marriage is very unlikely to be entirely the fault of one party.

5. Look at this time as an opportunity for a fresh start. For yourself and your soon to be former spouse. This is an opportunity to rebuild your life, and more times than not, better times are just around the corner.

6. Be realistic in your expectations through the process. This is hard on everyone involved...not just yourself. This is a really bad time to be selfish.

7. Get a **** good attorney, but don't let them go overboard. A sense of fairness is critical.

9. Don't whine more than necessary about child support. Your children are worth far more than money.

10. When I got my divorce 24 years ago, I lost everything. Absolutely everything. I kept some clothes, a car that wasn't worth $200, and a mountain of debt. I even lost my golf clubs and baseball glove in the process. But I worked hard, climbed out from that pile of debt, made everyone whole, mended relationships, won custody of my child (never collected a single penny of child support and didn't whine about it once), and rebuilt my life from the ashes. It was the hardest thing I have ever had to do in my life, but it was worth it. I now have a great wife, a great family, and a sense of stability that would never have been possible in my first marriage.

Hang in there!
                          WOW!
                          I am really impressed, it should be made an sticky!
                          I am glad it turned out well at the end, deepest simpathy is sent to you and Beanz, I wish you well.
                          Javier M.
                          FACTORY STAFF SHOOTER FOR: ELITE , FIRENOCK, GAS PRO
                          LOVING SUPPORTER OF: CBE, BEITER, VAPOR TRAIL, O.K., ZENITH, PROPOINTS, PINWHEEL software.
                          ))))------E35-------------53#--27 3/8"-----enjoy shooting too much to measure speed ------------------>
                          ))))------PURE----------54#--28"--355gr--269 fps--------------------------------------------------------------->

Comment

i hope everything works out the way you'd like.. i enjoyed talkin to ya and i hope to see ya around here a little more often again.

Comment

Working...
                            X