X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whats the best BOOK you've ever read?

I'm reading for the second time "Brules". by Harry Combs. It is the best book I've ever encountered and what makes it great, its a trilogy. the other two books are "The Scout" and "The Legend Of The Painted Horse" The last one is not all that great till you get to the last chapter.....

Only thing that comes close to it is "The Memoirs Of H. H. Lomax". This character, who claims to have rode along with Jessie James and also caused the shootout at the OK Corral is a must read. He is either the biggest liar or he expieranced some memorable moments in his life.
    Life is too short to live without a Quigley 45-70
    www.broughtonart.webs.com
    Sebastion Flute w/ Kaya limbs
    Bear Kodiak Hunter
    Athens Afflixtion

I like Kristin Hannah as an author ..enjoy most all of her books..but im sure my reading material choices are waaay dif then most on here!..lol
    2009 GT500 w/Cuda cams
    2010 PINK Judge

Comment

I am reading In Africa by John T. McCutcheon. Its not my favorite book, but it has helped make all the deerless hunts go by a little faster.

Comment

Playboy. lol

My son was reading the hunger games. He kept telling me about these books telling me how much I would like them. So I ended up reading all 3 books in about 2 weeks. I thought they were pretty good. My wife really liked them.
        Last edited by vhunter; 01-19-2012, 05:59 PM.
        -- that from these honored dead we take increased devotion to that cause for which they gave the last full measure of devotion -- that we here highly resolve that these dead shall not have died in vain -- that this nation, under God, shall have a new birth of freedom -- and that government of the people, by the people, for the people, shall not perish from the earth.

Comment

The Hannibal Lector series
          2010 GT500 MAX1 70/30

Comment

The bible. Get something new each time I open it up....
            Elite J

Comment

Originally posted by vhunter View Post
              Playboy. lol

My so was reading the hunger games. He kept telling me about these books telling me how much I would like them. So I ended up reading all 3 books in about 2 weeks. I thought they were pretty good. My wife really liked them.
              My daughters are reading the hunger games..I may have to check them out..
              2009 GT500 w/Cuda cams
              2010 PINK Judge

Comment

My g/f's been reading the Hunger Games also, and is on the last book. She said I'd like it because of all the archery related scenerios involved.

Comment

"Where the Red Fern Grows", Old Dan and Little Anne sparked my childhood imagination of running through the woods chasing critters.
                  08.5 GT500
                  09 Z28

Comment

Any book from Richard Bachman or Steven King (same guy)
                    Mike
                    NFAA MASTER COACH Level 4
                    Elite PURE Carbon tech Arrows Black Gold sights Carter Release
                    Live to hunt and compete around the world
                    Current indoor world champion and world record holder!!
                    Own the little archery shop in Gilroy, Ca.
                    www.predatorsarchery.com

Comment

Death in the longgrass. Capstick

Comment

Originally posted by QuickRick View Post
                        "Where the Red Fern Grows", Old Dan and Little Anne sparked my childhood imagination of running through the woods chasing critters.
                        Love that book. I read it to my kids a few years back.
                        -- that from these honored dead we take increased devotion to that cause for which they gave the last full measure of devotion -- that we here highly resolve that these dead shall not have died in vain -- that this nation, under God, shall have a new birth of freedom -- and that government of the people, by the people, for the people, shall not perish from the earth.

Comment

Originally posted by dch3k View Post
                          My daughters are reading the hunger games..I may have to check them out..
                          I think you will like them D. Once you start reading them they are hard to put down. The movie is coming out in March, so I just starting reading them again.

Comment

Killing Lincoln by Bill O'Rielly
                            "Aim small miss small"

2013 Pure 70lb Blk/Max1 Limbs
                            2012 Pure 70lb Blk/ 2013 Black AP Limbs

CBE Tek Hybrid 5 pin sight
                            Exxus Core, Exxus, SX-2, Silverhorn Releases
                            Solids, DRT's, Deep six, axis and DCA Hunters 300
                            Past Elites
                            2008 XXL
                            2010XLR
                            2010 GT500