X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trophy Ridge Micro Alpha V5

Got this new sight yesterday. Slapped it on the Snow Bow GT500 and went to the range after work today. Really nice sight. It has a very nice dovetail, very bright pins (5 inline/vertical), micro adjust windage and elevation. The pins are also adjustable with a hex head. You just turn the head until they are in the position you want them. Rheostat light....really all the bells and whistles AND very affordable. One issue is that it does not have a 2nd axis adjustment and you would think that with everything else it has, it would at least have that. I would give this sight a very high rating. Unfortunately it doesn't work on my GT500. I am shooting 520gr arrows with this set up and I am guessing due to this I cannot get the scope housing or pins low enough for the top pin to shoot 20 yards. I have the pins and elevation bottomed out and have to use my 30 yard pin to hit the bullseye at 20 yards. For some unknown reason my windage adjustment is all the way to the left and can't go any further. Having said that though, where its at is perfect for the left and right. I even tried a drop down bracket which lowered it enough to get my elevation set right but then my left and right are off and I'm out of adjustment. Too bad because I really wanted this sight to work for me. I have a history of not being able to shoot horizontal pins and figured this would help me in regards to choosing a pin without having to change my slider for pin set. If any of y'all think I'm missing something here with the adjustments, I'm all ears. Otherwise, anybody in the market for a brand new sight???

TEXAS
    2011 PURE MAX 1
    2014 ENERGY 35 XTRA
    Elite Archery Pro Staff

Proud Member of the Texas Boys
    BH and HTC Nashville

Might call Trophy Ridge and see if they have a spacer block (1/8 to 3/16) to make up for the thickness of the drop mount to go between the sight housing and sight mount.

GTO AT 29.5",Hogg It,TT Rest,FMJ Stingray Stab
    GTO AT 29.5",Hogg It,TT Rest,FMJ
    Aigil Black&Carbon,Hogg It Hunter,LD Rest,FMJ
    Aigil SS 09Z Cams,Stage One,LD Rest,Centurion,Rattler Grips

Comment

Um, try....no
      er...how about....no

Comment

Hmmm just thought.......I can use it on one of my 2006 Energy's since the sight holes are 1/2" lower on the riser. All may not be lost yet!!!

TEXAS
        2011 PURE MAX 1
        2014 ENERGY 35 XTRA
        Elite Archery Pro Staff

BH and HTC Nashville

Comment

Have a drill and a 10-24 tap?

GTO AT 29.5",Hogg It,TT Rest,FMJ Stingray Stab
          GTO AT 29.5",Hogg It,TT Rest,FMJ
          Aigil Black&Carbon,Hogg It Hunter,LD Rest,FMJ
          Aigil SS 09Z Cams,Stage One,LD Rest,Centurion,Rattler Grips

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by TEXAS 10PT View Post
              Got this new sight yesterday. Slapped it on the Snow Bow GT500 and went to the range after work today. Really nice sight. It has a very nice dovetail, very bright pins (5 inline/vertical), micro adjust windage and elevation. The pins are also adjustable with a hex head. You just turn the head until they are in the position you want them. Rheostat light....really all the bells and whistles AND very affordable. One issue is that it does not have a 2nd axis adjustment and you would think that with everything else it has, it would at least have that. I would give this sight a very high rating. Unfortunately it doesn't work on my GT500. I am shooting 520gr arrows with this set up and I am guessing due to this I cannot get the scope housing or pins low enough for the top pin to shoot 20 yards. I have the pins and elevation bottomed out and have to use my 30 yard pin to hit the bullseye at 20 yards. For some unknown reason my windage adjustment is all the way to the left and can't go any further. Having said that though, where its at is perfect for the left and right. I even tried a drop down bracket which lowered it enough to get my elevation set right but then my left and right are off and I'm out of adjustment. Too bad because I really wanted this sight to work for me. I have a history of not being able to shoot horizontal pins and figured this would help me in regards to choosing a pin without having to change my slider for pin set. If any of y'all think I'm missing something here with the adjustments, I'm all ears. Otherwise, anybody in the market for a brand new sight???

TEXAS
              Hey man try an lower peep sight. Sounds like it is a liyyle too high.
              Exp.. Mossy Oak Pro Bow Shop

Comment

My V5 works great on my GT500
                GT500-Code red rest,Trophy taker V5 sight

Comment

I like the looks of this sight...but the adjustment on the bottom of the pins...all you do is use a allen wrench? well..what keeps them from backin off?
                  2011 Elite Pure Ninja
                  2012 Elite Pulse AT Snow

Comment

I have one also. Love it, I also use a Crazy 8 from Trophy Ridge. I did however get the extension mount and could get all my pins out to 90 yds. My V5 gets me to 60 yds. You may need a spacer as was said earlier, but I would adjust center shot first for left and right. My Pure shoots on at 7/8" and my GT500 is at a hair over 3/4". This stays within suggested Center Shot and tunes well. I also have same broadhead impacts as my field points so thats my main concern.
                    "Aim small miss small"

2013 Pure 70lb Blk/Max1 Limbs
                    2012 Pure 70lb Blk/ 2013 Black AP Limbs

CBE Tek Hybrid 5 pin sight
                    Exxus Core, Exxus, SX-2, Silverhorn Releases
                    Solids, DRT's, Deep six, axis and DCA Hunters 300
                    Past Elites
                    2008 XXL
                    2010XLR
                    2010 GT500
                    2011 Pure AP
                    2011 Pure Max1