Specialty Peeps

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Specialty Peeps

For those of us that are getting..... uh "older"! Try using the Speciality peeps. This line of peeps will, if set up right, get the blur out of blurry pins. Ever have a halo around your pins, well this will cure that. I would say this product is a must for those that want better accuracy. I have knocked 5-10yrs off my eyesight. You do have to have the right verifier that fits inside the peep housing. I also have a chart for those of us that use reading glasses to get the right one. If you try one, more than likely you will own one.
    Pat

+1

Specialty peeps are just plain awesome, hands down.
    2012 Elite Pulse
    Limbdriver Pro V / Spot Hogg Hunter Hoggit
    Stokerized / Carbon Express Maxima Hunters
    http://www.buffalojumparchery.com/index.htm

"Team Dirty White Boys"

Comment

I have a specialty peep on all of my bows. I have never used a verifier, but have used a clarifier when I use a lens. What I really like about this peep is the ability to change apperatures so you can find the right one to fit your sight. My eyes are getting older every day and I need to use glasses to read and yes, my pins are a little blurry, but usually I just find the mark with my pin and then look past the pin and concentrate on the target, but maybe that verifier may be worh looking into...
      2008.5 XLR
      2010 Z28
      2011 Pure
      2011 Tour

Comment

X2 on the Verifier peep. I put one on my new Elite and it was amazing how much clearer my pin is, no halo around it from 50+ eyes. So far so good.

An archery shop that sells them has a hand held demo unit to size which strength you need. Try it while holding up your bow and see yourself.

Comment

great product. I just got one yesterday and waalaa I can see my pins instead of blurry mess. I shot a few this morning before going to work and 50 yd group became the size of a baseball instead of the grapefruit. very happy with it, I'll have one on my next bow also.

Comment

Don't like clarifiers as they can fog up in difficult weather.

I only shoot target, but for me it works better when the target is out of focus anyway. If the target is too sharp then there is a tendency to overfocus to the detriment of the shot. No point in perfect aim if the form is wrong, wheras I can tolerate the aim being slightly off if I make a perfect shot.

It may be different with pin sights though, so sorry if it isn't relevant.

However I do lilke the Specialty Peep for being able to change the aperture easily. It is what I shoot.
            Last edited by Flying Whale; 02-01-2011, 04:43 PM.
            '09 Ninja XLR 28.25" 57#, Fuse 30" Blade and 12" Blade side rod.
            '07 Synergy 28.25".
            '06 Energy with Rev Cam.

Comment

The owner of a local bow shop said his eyes are going, and he uses one for all his big game hunting, and he's very successful. He carries the little wrench with him in the unlikely event it gets rained on and fogs up.

But were in CA with good hunting and great weather here.

Mine cost $40 when I accessorized my new bow, list us $49.

Comment

I'd like to give them a try, but been resisting for a little while now. They count as optics and will bump me out of BH unlimited where I am cozy at the moment, not ready for open just yet. I will prob try them inbetween seasons thou.
                Elite GT500
                CBE sights, Tru-ball release, Carbon Express arrows

"What ever you do will be insignificant, but it's
                very important that you do it" Gandhi

Comment

You can still install a Specialty peep, and as long as you don't install the lens you will stay in the same class. (BH freestyle) If you do hunt with these verifiers you will want the anti fog liquid and maybe the foam applicators. You can use the anti fog liquid for glasses, rangefinder, or bino's.

Comment

Originally posted by nontypical View Post
                    You can still install a Specialty peep, and as long as you don't install the lens you will stay in the same class. (BH freestyle) If you do hunt with these verifiers you will want the anti fog liquid and maybe the foam applicators. You can use the anti fog liquid for glasses, rangefinder, or bino's.
                    Yes but I would be left with a large peep opening? What is the size of the opening?
                    Elite GT500

Comment

Originally posted by Lookinforlunkers View Post
                      Yes but I would be left with a large peep opening? What is the size of the opening?
                      I don't know the rules for sure, but would you not be allowed to put in one of the plain apertures without lens? That would allow you to have whatever you want.
                      '09 Ninja XLR 28.25" 57#, Fuse 30" Blade and 12" Blade side rod.
                      '07 Synergy 28.25".
                      '06 Energy with Rev Cam.

Comment

Yes thats right Whale, I dunno why that hadn't occured to me but thanx. Nothing in the rules about that, consider it added to my next Lancaster order.
                        Elite GT500

Comment

You might recheck the rules, in some organizations (IBO, NFAA), the verifier/clarifier type peep sights can be used in all classes that permit the use of sights.
                          Supermag Slings Owner - GulfCoast Archery Staff Shooter

Comment

Originally posted by Supermag View Post
                            You might recheck the rules, in some organizations (IBO, NFAA), the verifier/clarifier type peep sights can be used in all classes that permit the use of sights.
                            Here in Ontario, OAA rules state no optics for BHU
                            Elite GT500

Comment

After reading this thread I am looking into to the Specialty Peeps. Are most of you using the hooded or non hooded type? Also is there a clarity benefit to one color over another? Or is it just preference/looks? I am talking about just the peep with interchangeable apertures not a lens, clarifier or verifier.

Thanks
                              Marc

Comment

Working...
                              X