Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

90 pound limbs for Hunter

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • 90 pound limbs for Hunter

    Are there 90 lb limbs available for the hunter?

  • #2
    Shows only going to 80 Lbs.http://www.elitearchery.com/products/2011-bows/hunter/
    Proud Member of the Texas Boys

    GTO AT 29.5",Hogg It,TT Rest,FMJ Stingray Stab
    GTO AT 29.5",Hogg It,TT Rest,FMJ
    Aigil Black&Carbon,Hogg It Hunter,LD Rest,FMJ
    Aigil SS 09Z Cams,Stage One,LD Rest,Centurion,Rattler Grips

    Comment


    • #3
      Thanks, I saw that but was hoping.....

      Comment


      • #4
        Why pull the excess weight when you can get more speed out of a different bow?

        I don't think speed is nearly as critical as some do, but if I were that hard-up for it, I'd drop 10# and choose a speed bow.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by eltaco View Post
          Why pull the excess weight when you can get more speed out of a different bow?

          I don't think speed is nearly as critical as some do, but if I were that hard-up for it, I'd drop 10# and choose a speed bow.

          Why not? To some people a 90LB draw weight is not that hard to pull. If you can pull the weight go for it. I have shot heavy bows forever and really wish they still made the 90 LB limbs for the Elites. (actually they do the 80LB limbs on a hunter would be a 90LB on a pure)....I have a set of 80LB's limbs for my Pure on their way from the factory.
          2011 Pure
          Max 1 80LB 31" 444GR......326 FPS
          2011 Pure
          Snow Camo with carbon fiber limbs! 70LB 31" 355GR....330 FPS

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by 3Fletch View Post
            Why not? To some people a 90LB draw weight is not that hard to pull. If you can pull the weight go for it. I have shot heavy bows forever and really wish they still made the 90 LB limbs for the Elites. (actually they do the 80LB limbs on a hunter would be a 90LB on a pure)....I have a set of 80LB's limbs for my Pure on their way from the factory.
            My point in saying that was this:
            The Hunter IBOs at 323... my GT500 IBOs at 343... 20fps difference, which is essentially the same as 10# of draw weight.

            If you're that hard up for extra speed that you want a 90# draw, you could get the same speed, theoretically, with an 80# GT500. You're pulling 10 extra pounds for no performance gain when comparing the two bows. Seems like a no-brainer if speed is your ultimate concern.

            Comment


            • #7
              Exactly the way I have always felt 3fletch! I was shooting an 80 lb Synergy a few years back. ya gotta love the KE they produce!!!! Than I tried a 90 lb Z, way easier to pull than my Synergy. Shoot what ya want! Wish they would put 80 limbs on a pulse!!!

              When ya get a passthru on a 2 very big carp, side by side, 5 feet on the far side of them is a big rock! It curled the tip of my carpin arrow over. THATS KE!!! Only problem was, everytime I shot, it was arrow fixin time! Anything over 70 is absolute :censored2: on arrows and targets!!!

              Comment


              • #8
                Holy powerhouse batman ! Are you guy's on steroids ? LOL I'm not trying to be cocky because you could probably fold me up like a pretzel . Man that's alot of weight . Time to go Rhino hunting !
                2010 GT500 , 2011 snow Pure [ Fire , wifes bow ] Retrieverfishing's Custom string field staff

                Comment


                • #9
                  Wish they would put 80 limbs on a pulse!!!
                  Me too! I ordered a 70lb but would have most definitely went for an 80 if it was available
                  '11 Pulse Mothwing Winter 26.5/80 512 grain arrow/ 271fps
                  '10 Gamemaster 52#

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by eltaco View Post
                    My point in saying that was this:
                    The Hunter IBOs at 323... my GT500 IBOs at 343... 20fps difference, which is essentially the same as 10# of draw weight.

                    If you're that hard up for extra speed that you want a 90# draw, you could get the same speed, theoretically, with an 80# GT500. You're pulling 10 extra pounds for no performance gain when comparing the two bows. Seems like a no-brainer if speed is your ultimate concern.
                    Your point is correct but with the heavier draw weight you also get more kinetic energy and you still have the forgiving brace height. I'd rather shoot a heavy arrow fast than a lighter one. I currently have 3 bows that are 100 lbs or more. Pulling heavy bows is not an issue, as I mentioned to some people pulling 90 is like others pulling 60-70. If you can handle the weight go for it. Shoot a heavier arrow and add some kinetic energy. You are really shooting something with some power when you break 100 FTLBS of KE... Especially when shooting large animals like elk and moose.
                    Last edited by 3Fletch; 03-07-2011, 05:11 PM.
                    2011 Pure
                    Max 1 80LB 31" 444GR......326 FPS
                    2011 Pure
                    Snow Camo with carbon fiber limbs! 70LB 31" 355GR....330 FPS

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      I know this is an Elite forum. Nowadays the guys here in South Arica use a 70lb Bowtech destroyer for buffalo and giraffe. You get the the same speed, with a heavy arrow,at 70lb than with most 80lb bows. And bow they are succesful. It all depends on what you want to shoot. I will not chase after speed, it is nice though. At the end of the day it all comes down to shot placement. I also like my 92lb GT500.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        I'm getting a smidge over 84 ft.lbs @ 71lbs. with my Pulse. If they start selling 80-90lbs. limbs for the Pulse, i'm pulling out my foldin' money!!
                        2012 Answer 29/70
                        2011 Pulse 29/70 a.k.a "Spitting Death" Too many other bows that are no longer relevant!

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by bushpig View Post
                          I know this is an Elite forum. Nowadays the guys here in South Arica use a 70lb Bowtech destroyer for buffalo and giraffe. You get the the same speed, with a heavy arrow,at 70lb than with most 80lb bows. And bow they are succesful. It all depends on what you want to shoot. I will not chase after speed, it is nice though. At the end of the day it all comes down to shot placement. I also like my 92lb GT500.
                          Not sure where you are getting your information but I guarantee you wont get the same speed out of a 70 LB bow as an 80 LB bow...with the same weight arrow? Now if your comparing a speed bow (destroyer) vs an old slow bow... well then thats obvious. You will typically pick up about 20 FPS out of the same bow by going 10 LB higher draw weight.

                          My Pure will give that Destroyer a run for its money just because they dont have the long draw... My pure is right at 32"....Oh yeah I have 80LB limbs on the way!

                          Im getting over 115 ftlbs out of my 80 LB monster...Your not getting that out of any Destroyer 340 or 350...period.

                          My 100 LB Safari custom is shooting 121 ftlbs of KE....

                          My 135LB draw Golden Circle is shooting about 130 ftlbs of KE...

                          Heavy draw bows shoot heavy arrows better than lower poundage bows!
                          Last edited by 3Fletch; 03-10-2011, 11:41 PM.
                          2011 Pure
                          Max 1 80LB 31" 444GR......326 FPS
                          2011 Pure
                          Snow Camo with carbon fiber limbs! 70LB 31" 355GR....330 FPS

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            If heavy draw bows shoot heavier arrows better than why do you shoot such light arrows out of a heavy draw bow?

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              435 is the lightest I shoot, 660 gr for elk, I would guess the 660 gr is close to double what most are shooting. I have some that are just over 800 grains that I shoot out of my big bows..(bows over 100 LBS)
                              Last edited by 3Fletch; 03-13-2011, 10:15 PM.
                              2011 Pure
                              Max 1 80LB 31" 444GR......326 FPS
                              2011 Pure
                              Snow Camo with carbon fiber limbs! 70LB 31" 355GR....330 FPS

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X