My GTO is LOUD

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My GTO is LOUD

Help! MY GTO is loud! What can i do to help this? It also has some hand shock!

looks like a lemon! I'll take it off your hands. Name your price.

What type of stabilizer do you use?
    29" 70# GTO- I love this bow!

Comment

What is the weight of your arrows?Are the limb bolts cranked down or backed out?What's on the string?

Comment

Did you open this post to start something or did you really want help i also noticed you started the same post on AT hopefully you are wanting help just seems funny you have not replied and you started the same thing on AT.I f you really want help we need more info on your set-up like how close is your supressor to the string,limb bolt position,wht is on the bow and string,what size and weight are the arrows things like that you might also tapping the limb with the palm of your hand to locate anything that might be loose.

Comment

Did you bowtech also blow up?

Comment

Like you were told over on AT, the first thing to check would be cam synchronization at full draw, assuming you have already checked for loose bolts, screws, etc. What kind of loud is it?
            Some people try to turn back their odometers. Not
            me, I want people to know "why" I look this way. I've
            traveled a long way and some of the roads weren't paved.

Comment

Every now and then we get post on here and I see them on AT that are just meant to bash the company thats why people are getting a little offensive.If we are wrong I appologize but if we are would you please answer some of the questions.If not we can only assume this is like the other post.We are truely here to help but this post seems a little fishy.Aggain if we are wrong I do appologize.

Comment

Well i have a few questions of my own on the noise issues, but mine are 100%Ok first of all my GTO is cranked up to 71.8Lbs, 29" draw, what is on the string is "D" loop & thats all. I have tried a few different shafts this is the list of shafts i have used.
                Easton 300 STL Carbon Excels cut at 28" Easton CB nocks, 3 x 2" Blazers, feild points 123 grain weighted. I shot maybe 4 or 5 of these shafts & when i went to get them out of target butt at 40 yards noticed they were splinterd up real bad. So not shooting them through the GTO anymore. They shot like darts but i think they may be just a crap shaft, leason learnt on buying them. So i used some other shafts that i had, they are easton Carbonarrows 400 with same specs as above but different spine. They shoot like darts as well, but i do have a little cracking sound when they are released from the GTO. I have also checked that the nocks are not too tight on the string but they are fine, not loose but certainly not that tight either. I also have some Victory V3 shafts in 400's that are the same specs but as yet have not shot them due to lack of spare time at present. I am also using a Trueball wrist release. I have gone all over the bow & checked for any loose stuff, all is good. The bow itself is super smooth through the whole draw cyle & really hits with a punch, It's just seems to me that it is a little noisy. Others at the club i shoot say it is super quiet & super fast, but none of them have seen an Elite. I am working on them to convert i can assure you of that So any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
                Walk a little, look a lot. Keep the wind in your face at all times.
                A successful hunt is not measured by the game on the ground. If you learnt something & enjoyed the Aussie bush it was successful.

Comment

In the original posters defense, I think my GTO is a little on the noisy side as well and I consider my self an Elite fanboy having owned 4 Elites. It's definitely louder than the E-Force I had. It's set at 60 lbs at 29" and I was shooting Victory HV3 400 arrows which are pretty light so that may have something to do with it. I haven't put it on a draw board to check the timing at full draw yet. Right now the axle to axle is 33 3/16" which is fine and the brace height is 6 3/4" which is a 1/4 inch short. I also shot it without the string suppressor a few times and it was super loud and vibrated like crazy. I have searched all over for loose parts/screws/etc. The cable guard rod is tight and the mods are tight.
                  Elite Ninja Z-28 29/70

Comment

Originally posted by t8er View Post
                    In the original posters defense, I think my GTO is a little on the noisy side as well and I consider my self an Elite fanboy having owned 4 Elites. It's definitely louder than the E-Force I had. It's set at 60 lbs at 29" and I was shooting Victory HV3 400 arrows which are pretty light so that may have something to do with it. I haven't put it on a draw board to check the timing at full draw yet. Right now the axle to axle is 33 3/16" which is fine and the brace height is 6 3/4" which is a 1/4 inch short. I also shot it without the string suppressor a few times and it was super loud and vibrated like crazy. I have searched all over for loose parts/screws/etc. The cable guard rod is tight and the mods are tight.
                    Ithink you need to do some tuning.

Comment

Originally posted by grunter View Post
                      Well i have a few questions of my own on the noise issues, but mine are 100%Ok first of all my GTO is cranked up to 71.8Lbs, 29" draw, what is on the string is "D" loop & thats all. I have tried a few different shafts this is the list of shafts i have used.
                      Easton 300 STL Carbon Excels cut at 28" Easton CB nocks, 3 x 2" Blazers, feild points 123 grain weighted. I shot maybe 4 or 5 of these shafts & when i went to get them out of target butt at 40 yards noticed they were splinterd up real bad. So not shooting them through the GTO anymore. They shot like darts but i think they may be just a crap shaft, leason learnt on buying them. So i used some other shafts that i had, they are easton Carbonarrows 400 with same specs as above but different spine. They shoot like darts as well, but i do have a little cracking sound when they are released from the GTO. I have also checked that the nocks are not too tight on the string but they are fine, not loose but certainly not that tight either. I also have some Victory V3 shafts in 400's that are the same specs but as yet have not shot them due to lack of spare time at present. I am also using a Trueball wrist release. I have gone all over the bow & checked for any loose stuff, all is good. The bow itself is super smooth through the whole draw cyle & really hits with a punch, It's just seems to me that it is a little noisy. Others at the club i shoot say it is super quiet & super fast, but none of them have seen an Elite. I am working on them to convert i can assure you of that So any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
                      OK im lost what is your question?Is that you are splitting arrows that are to weak for your bow.Your set-up is close to mine i would think an easton 400 would be prety weak as it is for mine.I have shot a beman 400 which is made by easton before i got arrow software to tell me how weak it was and i split the arrow right at the nock.Hope this helps if you need to you can PM me.Ok just ran on target that Easton is severly to weak its a wonder you havent been hurt by now specially with that 123grn tip you need a stiffer spine.
                      Last edited by trophytaker75; 03-31-2008, 10:28 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by t8er View Post
                        Try adding bowjax to the cable slide and string suppressor, made mine quieter.
                        70# AT LE GTO/Crackers string & cables

Comment

Originally posted by grunter View Post
                          My bow is set up same as yours. Like tt75 said, you are spined too light.
                          I went to 340 beman's cut at 28". I tried 100 gr. tips but they paper tuned better w/ 125's... 437 gr total weight...right on IBO @ 309
                          70# AT LE GTO/Crackers string & cables

Comment

Im shooting 5gpp! I have a Limbsaver stabilizer! I got rid of the hand shock by moving the STS closer to the string!

Comment

So everything is all fixed then?

Comment

Working...
                              X