This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• right tear on pure

i got a pure that i have been trying to tune, put on the draw board it right on, 60 lb with a 3-49 acc, 85gr. tip, arrow is 370 gr. got it about a 3/8 tear to the right , that about it, any help would be great, nobby

What's the spine on the ACC's?
    2012 Elite Pulse
    Limbdriver Pro V / Spot Hogg Hunter Hoggit
    Stokerized / Carbon Express Maxima Hunters
    http://www.buffalojumparchery.com/index.htm

"Team Dirty White Boys"

Comment

400,spine, try rip cord rest and muzzy ,still the same

Comment

Have you tried to put on a 100grain tip?

If you haven't downloaded the easton tuning guide, it's here at this address:
        http://www.eastonarchery.com/pdf/tuning_guide.pdf

That tear indicates a stiff spine, if you haven't moved your rest to the left, give it a try, about 1/16" at a time. But I would throw on a 100grain point first to see what happens before moving anything if you have it set at recommended center-shot. If you are adamant about the 85 grain tip, all you can do is move the rest over, which should correct the problem.
        2012 Elite Pulse

"Team Dirty White Boys"

Comment

yes i did still the same, going to try another rest

Comment

Strange question here, but have you tried moving your rest to the right? There have been times I've had to do that in order to fix the tear you are getting.
            2012 Elite Pulse

"Team Dirty White Boys"

Comment

yes i did ,i work on a lot of bows because i make custom strings and i do not seem to have trouble paper tune bows , but this one is giving me a headache , but thanks for the help, i will recheck all specs . nobby

Comment

I was getting about the same tear with my Pure using a G5 Expert pro tied into the down cable. No matter what I did, I couldn't get rid of it. Tied the rest to the limb, first shot, perfect bullet hole. Maybe this bow is a little sensitive to a rest ied to the cable, do you have a rest you can tie to the limb to give it a try?
                2008.5 XLR
                2010 Z28
                2011 Pure
                2011 Tour

Comment

i give it a try tomorrow, thanks

Comment

Make sure your level through the berger holes. I set up a XXL with rev cams the other day.
                    I used a rest that wanted to hold the arrow above the holes/ bottom of arrow level and had a hard time getting rid of a right tear. took it down level and for some weird reason same center shot setting it corrected it.
                    Just a thought.
                    No ifs and or buts Just maybee.

Comment

I had the same problem- right tear with fletchhunter release- not fixable. I shoot 29" 3-49 ACC with 125 gr point at 58 lbs. off a NAP 3000 rest. The Scott mongoose release I have will shoot bulletholes. I shoot off the string. So possibly try another release and let others shoot the bow if changing the rest does not work.

Comment

Also make sure that the cable guard set screws are tight.. Check for cam lean?? I had a limb go bad on a right handed bow and no matter what I did it wouldn't go away. Dick at Elite found the issue to be a limb that had went bad amd when I got the bow back it was perfect.
                        Let god handle it !!!

Comment

Working...
                        X