Want to change draw length on Gt500?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Want to change draw length on Gt500?

Want to change mods on my 2010 GT500 from 29inch to 28.5. What's the process after installing mods?

check your tune or retune, if you didnt let the string and cable untwist you should be pretty close.

Comment

Originally posted by panchovilla View Post
      Want to change mods on my 2010 GT500 from 29inch to 28.5. What's the process after installing mods?
      remember to put the draw stops back in before you draw it back
      Mike
      NFAA MASTER COACH Level 4
      Elite PURE Carbon tech Arrows Black Gold sights Carter Release
      Live to hunt and compete around the world
      Current indoor world champion and world record holder!!
      Own the little archery shop in Gilroy, Ca.
      www.predatorsarchery.com

Comment

Hi,

I also wish to shorten my draw.
        I recently purchased a GT500 from ebay and it wasn't what the description said. I'm not sure what model it is but here is a photo. I'm hoping someone can enlighten me

It's currently around 30" draw length and I think I'd like it to be 27".
        From what I understand I'd need to get a different module. Is that correct?
        The PDF I downloaded from Elite for the 2010 GT500 says the #7 module.

I'm fairly new to archery and am not really sure how to tune the draw length I just know that my forearm can't take much more punishment! Would really appreciate any help you guys can give.

Thankyou in advance
        Last edited by Spazmor; 01-23-2012, 12:49 AM.

Comment

Spaz, that looks like a 08-09 model. Draw length specific cams, not module. Your going to have to change the cams.
          2010 GT500 MAX1 70/30

Comment

Spaz, X2 on what JamesG said. Those black limb pockets are 08.5 GT500s. Here's what you need http://www.elitearchery.com/e-gear/i...oduct_id=29807

You don't need modules you need the entire cam. 27 inches would be. #7 cam, maybe you can find some used ones on here?
            08.5 GT500
            09 Z28

Comment

Check the E-gear section out. Think the DLS Rev cams were down to $50, new from Elite.

Comment

Thanks for the reply fellas.
                I'll get the cams from Elite.

One last dumb question; Do I get two Cams for $50?
                Description says Includes bearings and drawstops & I assume I use the same axles but doesn't say if it's one or two cams :/

Comment

Originally posted by Spazmor View Post
                  Thanks for the reply fellas.
                  I'll get the cams from Elite.

One last dumb question; Do I get two Cams for $50?
                  Description says Includes bearings and drawstops & I assume I use the same axles but doesn't say if it's one or two cams :/
                  Yea you get both of them. I think one has a T for top cam and one has a B for bottom cam.
                  08.5 GT500
                  09 Z28

Comment

Make sure whoever changes your cams knows how to do it. It is very important to get the draw stops installed on the new cams before the bow is drawn back.
                    Mike
                    NFAA MASTER COACH Level 4
                    Elite PURE Carbon tech Arrows Black Gold sights Carter Release
                    Live to hunt and compete around the world
                    Current indoor world champion and world record holder!!
                    Own the little archery shop in Gilroy, Ca.
                    www.predatorsarchery.com

Comment

The Cams arrived, purchased on the 25th from Elite, took 13 days to get to NSW, Australia. Pretty Good I reckon.

They came with bearings and two draw-stops.
                      The top cam is marked with a "T" and the bottom cam with a "B".

Part of the description in the invoice says "XLR 29" Draw" wich is a bit concerning but the actual cams are marked with 7GT as in #7 the 27" cams. We'll see.
                      It'll be about a month before I can make it to a bow-press.

Thanks for your help.

Comment

Oh and I cleaned up at the 3D shoot the other day and hit a bullseye at 50meters too.
                        It's a good bow even with the draw to long for me.

Comment

Working...
                        X