Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Elite Speed Mods

Hi,

I own an Elite Answer and recently purchased the speed mods for it. My bow is mainly black and red. The speed mods come in and they are blue. I am wondering if anyone has or if I can get my speed mods painted? Just say by a body shop or somewhere professionally. Any help would be great.

Thanks

Nice choice on the answer. You won't want to paint the cams. The tolerances are too tight for that thickness of finish. They could be re anodized or maybe film dipped but you wouldn't want an body shop touching them.

Comment

Thank you. I love my Answer. So if I got my mods filmed dipped I won't have any type of issues? Do you recommend any place for that?

Comment

Issues? I'd fire of an email to elite first to get solid answers on warranty issues with the process. If they give you a confirmed green light then call Oregon hydrographics. Only place I've ever had anything done and I couldn't have been happier.

Comment

Ok that sounds great. I will email Elite first.

Comment

Originally posted by Infamousfrog View Post
            Hi,

I own an Elite Answer and recently purchased the speed mods for it. My bow is mainly black and red. The speed mods come in and they are blue. I am wondering if anyone has or if I can get my speed mods painted? Just say by a body shop or somewhere professionally. Any help would be great.

Thanks
            I assume these are the G5 speed studs. A word of warning, it is almost impossible to get them close enough due to serving. I put them 4 1/2" measured on the diagonal from the cam axle. I use four large brass nocks which weight exactly the same as the speed studs.
            15 Elites - 1 GTO, 3 E-500s, 1 Synergy, 2 SynXTs, 4 Envys, a 2008.5 Z28, 2 2008.5 GT500, a Aigil, Impulse
            2 K&K Vengeance , 2011 PSE Axe 6, 2011 Hoyt Carbon Element, Four Tributes and one Allegiance

Frankenbow Freak

Comment

Originally posted by bfoot View Post
              I assume these are the G5 speed studs. A word of warning, it is almost impossible to get them close enough due to serving. I put them 4 1/2" measured on the diagonal from the cam axle. I use four large brass nocks which weight exactly the same as the speed studs.
              He is talking about MODS for the Answer.
              I wouldnt have them dipped. Stripped and re anodized maybe but not painted or dipped. IMO!
              No ifs and or buts Just maybee.

Comment

Originally posted by Maybee-R View Post
                He is talking about MODS for the Answer.
                I wouldnt have them dipped. Stripped and re anodized maybe but not painted or dipped. IMO!
                My bad. Thats what I get for responding to posts in the wee hours (that's my story and I am sticking to it)
                15 Elites - 1 GTO, 3 E-500s, 1 Synergy, 2 SynXTs, 4 Envys, a 2008.5 Z28, 2 2008.5 GT500, a Aigil, Impulse
                2 K&K Vengeance , 2011 PSE Axe 6, 2011 Hoyt Carbon Element, Four Tributes and one Allegiance

Frankenbow Freak

Comment

For a more relevant answer (no pun intended), I had my Airborne cams and mods dipped to match my Hardwoods Grey Tribute and they worked out fine. They were done by Cracker's (or at least they had them done) so experience dipping mods would be a requirement. It would be easy to over dip or coat them and they might not fit or if they do fit, might derail.

As far as painting, I would agree with Maybee-R, and advise against painting. Have them dipped or anodized.

Frankenbow Freak

Comment

Or some Alaskan dude has a home remedy involving an oven, some chemicals, gloves, googles, gas mask, flame retardent suit and vasoline......check it out

Comment

Working...
                    X