Pulse with cam lean

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pulse with cam lean

Have a right handed 2010 pulse and at full draw the cams are leaning quite significantly, bottom of cam is leaning left, top of cam pointing right. I have it centre shot and when shooting bare shaft or fletched I get a inch and a half horizontal tear. Moving rest all the way reduced the tear but the shaft is no where near centre. Shooting goldtips 75/95's with 125 points. Field tips group but 2 blade broadheads hit 6 inches right at 25 yards and 3 blazers hit 12 inches right of field tips.

Any thoughts on how to fix the lean?

I would suggest a limb swap and re shimming the cams.
    If that doesn't work, you probably need new limbs.
    2014 E32
    2011 PULSE AP
    TUNER OF BOWS BY LONG DISTANCE
    Member of the JURY MEMBER OF THE LEFTY BROTHERHOOD

"If it ain't broke , I can MAKE it better".
    Integrity is doing the right thing when no one is looking.

Comment

Ok don't get me wrong I love my answer and I have a pulse also not so much love there. I am sending it back tomorrow to elite to get it fixed. It seems like every pulse you hear about has cam lean and limb twist. Call dick he's a great guy and he will help you . I hope they fix them

Comment

No limb twist here. Let's not get carried away "every".

Comment

All slaved together cam system have slight lean. If your bow is shooting bullet holes repeatable and broadheads with same POI as field points then dont sweat it.
          Dont get caught up in marketing hype about lean. the torque from the slaved cams and cable rods combined will always have slight lean/twist.

When you start having tuning issues or wear issues on strings then its time to worry. all bows have lean at some point if they have a cable slide guard or what have you.
          Some are more efficient then others for certain people, or they think it is.
          I can shoot most of them out of a shooter and drill the same holes all day. Its whats forgiving for you that matters most.

I learned to shoot bows with torque and when trying other less torque options from all the rage in archery I suffered. so Im back to what works for me. Not that it will for others but Im using what I like best as you need to. JMO!

I can say things about other bows that would cause a stink but I wont bad mouth any of them because its an opinion based on personal experiences. not scientific. Besides how would it help anyway.
          No ifs and or buts Just maybee.

Comment

Rick,
            He has a bad, bad tear in the paper. And his lean is "significant".
            You know where I'm going.
            2014 E32
            2011 PULSE AP
            TUNER OF BOWS BY LONG DISTANCE
            Member of the JURY MEMBER OF THE LEFTY BROTHERHOOD

"If it ain't broke , I can MAKE it better".
            Integrity is doing the right thing when no one is looking.

Comment

Originally posted by archer58inPA View Post
              Rick,
              He has a bad, bad tear in the paper. And his lean is "significant".
              You know where I'm going.
              Bad limb or incorrect spacers for the strength of that set of limbs. either way send it to Elite. Sooner or later they will get tiered of it. and address why its happening. and that post wasnt directed towards the OP.

Comment

Originally posted by Maybee-R View Post
                Bad limb or incorrect spacers for the strength of that set of limbs. either way send it to Elite. Sooner or later they will get tiered of it. and address why its happening. and that post wasnt directed towards the OP.
                I wouldn't hold your breath on that! Just Saying

Comment

Originally posted by Maybee-R View Post
                  All slaved together cam system have slight lean. If your bow is shooting bullet holes repeatable and broadheads with same POI as field points then dont sweat it.
                  Dont get caught up in marketing hype about lean. the torque from the slaved cams and cable rods combined will always have slight lean/twist.

When you start having tuning issues or wear issues on strings then its time to worry. all bows have lean at some point if they have a cable slide guard or what have you.
                  Some are more efficient then others for certain people, or they think it is.
                  I can shoot most of them out of a shooter and drill the same holes all day. Its whats forgiving for you that matters most.

I learned to shoot bows with torque and when trying other less torque options from all the rage in archery I suffered. so Im back to what works for me. Not that it will for others but Im using what I like best as you need to. JMO!

I can say things about other bows that would cause a stink but I wont bad mouth any of them because its an opinion based on personal experiences. not scientific. Besides how would it help anyway.
                  X2 - this "cam lean" (limb twist) issue is so over blown. Unless you are having tuning problems or performance problems, why make a problem out of something that is not a problem?
                  15 Elites - 1 GTO, 3 E-500s, 1 Synergy, 2 SynXTs, 4 Envys, a 2008.5 Z28, 2 2008.5 GT500, a Aigil, Impulse
                  2 K&K Vengeance , 2011 PSE Axe 6, 2011 Hoyt Carbon Element, Four Tributes and one Allegiance

Frankenbow Freak

Comment

On the bows I've owned across the board they have always shot and tuned easier/better with less cam lean than more. Less string and cable wear, better center shot, I believe more forgiving through less nock travel (but only on larger cam lean issues) Obviously it's pretty hard to get rid of all of it on most bows, and a little cam lean doesn't hurt much. I've been able to tune bows with cam lean and they shot well, but when I took the time to reduce that cam lean they tuned and shot that much better for me. I do tend to agree that many people blow minor cam lean way out of proportion and can spend too much time/worry on trying to get it "perfect". Honestly I miss the old twin cams with dual harnesses, they were a bit harder to set up, but when you had them in the sweet spot they were so nice. With today's strings and cables quality, you wouldn't need to be chasing your tune either. But the average "archer" that walks into a store and needs 30" draw and 70# doesn't want to mess with actually tuning a bow, and even to this day factory strings and cables are simply sub par.

It's like wheel alignment on your car, will it get from point A to B with poor alignment......sure, is it the ideal setup for the best driving and least wear and tear, not hardly. Can you spend hours with a car on an alignment rack and still not have it perfect and gain basically nothing trying to make it too perfect, sure can.

Do plenty of people drive cars with poor alignment and think their car is "just fine" sure they do, because they didn't know any better. Then they get new tires and an alignment they are amazed at the difference.

That said I have to believe Elite's cam lean issue is more than others because we constantly see posts about people having "significant" cam lean that require limb swaps, spacers, etc. My hoyts have all had cam lean, but nothing even close to what my Pure had, and it was easy to take 95% of it out with just a harness adjustment. In the meantime I wait for new limbs to try and fix my Pure.

Comment

Wheel alinement is probably not a good comparison. None of them are set with 0 lean and most are set with tow in. Just saying.
                      Caster and camber isnt set to 0 degrees either. But I get where your coming from. Bows are more then daily driver to some of us. and the slaved cam system with proper arrow spine will still win races.

Comment

Working...
                      X