X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aigil Cam Noise ??

Hi all, just picked up a used Aigil and when you draw it right as the cam rolls over there's a noise. Not a creaky noise, almost like a string noise. Anyone else have this. Does the serving dry out or stretch? Hard to explain. Had my buddy stand next to it, but couldn't tell what it was. It's different.
    Envy #0026

The draw stop is probably set wrong, it should contact the limb as soon as the bow breaks over to 80% effective let off.

How long is the valley?

Comment

Kevin,roughly an inch or two, some of the sound is the draw stop hitting the limb. There's moleskin wrapped around the stop and on the limb.
      Envy #0026

Comment

The draw stop is set wrong and you need an O-ring on it with heat shrink over that.

What is the draw length?

Comment

30" Draw. The stop is at 1.9 per the spec sheet. I'll o-ring and heat shrink it. Thanks.
          Envy #0026

Comment

I just picked up an Aigil myself and while I was told it was a 29" draw I found out that it is actually set at 28.5 (#4 mod). They also had the draw stop set so it was hitting way too late in the draw. I had the same problems you did. I could hear the cable serving rubbing on the cam track. After putting it on my draw board I could see that the peak let off point was way before the draw stop was hitting so I set it to where it peaked according to my draw board. It turns out that after looking at the Aigil specs it is exactly where it should be. I would definitely make sure the drop stop is set correctly.
            Elite Ninja Z-28 29/70

Comment

Thanks for the info. I put a oring and heat shrink on the draw stop, that cured the noise hitting the limb. As for the draw stop itself, i'll have to tweak it. Any idea how much to move it. It appears to be where it supposed to be-1.9?
              Envy #0026

Comment

Do you happen to have a draw board or have access to one? Like Kevin said, you need to set it to where the bow hits 80% let off.
                Elite Ninja Z-28 29/70

Comment

draw board

My buddy has one. I'll be paying him a visit today after work. Thanks for your help.
                  Envy #0026

Comment

Put the bow in the draw board and crank it until you get to as close to 80% let off as possible. My Aigil is currently set at 65 lbs so when I got to 13 lbs I knew I was where I wanted to be. Mark that spot with a marker or pencil. Do not attempt to adjust the draw stop with the bow fully drawn in the draw board! If something were to let loose and the bow were to fire you could do some very serious damage to your fingers if they were anywhere near the cam.
                    Elite Ninja Z-28 29/70

Comment

Got the draw stop set. Had to tweak it a touch. Bow's pulling 61lb, set it when dropped to 12lb.. Still got a bit of that serving noise the last inch or so of draw. Could the serving have worn some the way it was before? Thanks for your help.
                      Envy #0026

Comment

Is the cam leaning?
                        Elite Ninja Z-28 29/70

Comment

cam lean

No cam lean. Heading to the dealer tomorrow, need a new rest(LD). It isn't bad as it is annoying. My buddy standing next to me couldn't hear it, but I can. Thanks.
                          Envy #0026

Comment

Working...
                          X