GT500 burger hole alignment

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GT500 burger hole alignment

I am total newb to Elite bows. Just got a Gt500 last week and started to set up a ripcord on it, but I am having trouble getting it to fit correctly. In order for the rest to fit correctly and be fairly level, the arrow would line up above the burger hole. The attached picture kinda shows what I'm talking about.

Has anybody had this problem and what was your solution?

Thanks for any help!
    Last edited by 48down; 11-11-2008, 02:24 PM.

I use the cable slide rod as a reference... Might want to set it up through the middle somewhere of the burger hole and use the Cable rod as reference for alignment... Some folks use a laser to align or a level to help acheive perfect alignment,,.,
    2012 Elite Answer

As Iron sharpens Iron., So one man sharpens another...Prov:27:17

Comment

I haven't been able to adjust the rest low enough to allow the arrow to get alignment with the burger hole. If I put the rest that low then the arm hits the shelf went it falls upon the shot.

Sorry if I'm not making any sense.
      Last edited by 48down; 11-11-2008, 05:24 PM.

Comment

maybe a better picture

Comment

I believe alot of gt500 owners will tell you their drop away rests hit the shelf when shot. This is okay as long as you do not have fletching contact with the rest. Most set ups I've seen on the gt500 has the botom of the arrow going through the center of the berger holes or maybe a little higher.

Comment

Why is better to have the arrow in the burger holes? It is suppose to be the center of the string?

Thanks!
            WWW.CAZANDOCONARCO.ES
            Bohning Pro Hunting Staff
            Winners Choice Custom Bowstrings Pro Hunter
            Doinker Hunt Staff
            Vital Archery Pro Staff

Comment

Not a GT500 with that high curve shelf but wanted to let you see how mine is set up on a 07 Synergy. When down it is level with the shelf. Up Slightly high of center on the B holes

Comment

I have a QAD hd on mine and I had the same problem. I had to move my rest all the way back toward the strings and trim about 1/8 off of each prong. No matter what i did if my rest hit the shelf I had fletching contact. I think that's a big reason why so many people have trouble broadhead tuning these things. A little bit of contact will through a broadhead off bid time. And with the curve in the shelf it's hard to get a drop away to not touch the shelf. I heard the newer GT500 and z28's have a little different shelf on them, so they may work better.
                -- that from these honored dead we take increased devotion to that cause for which they gave the last full measure of devotion -- that we here highly resolve that these dead shall not have died in vain -- that this nation, under God, shall have a new birth of freedom -- and that government of the people, by the people, for the people, shall not perish from the earth.

Comment

Originally posted by 48down View Post
                  I haven't been able to adjust the rest low enough to allow the arrow to get alignment with the burger hole. If I put the rest that low then the arm hits the shelf went it falls upon the shot.

Sorry if I'm not making any sense.
                  Are you also lowering your nocking point?

Comment

even with mine laying flat, i still have to be in the top 2/3rds of the berger to get fletching clearance of the shelf with blazers.

Comment

Originally posted by Tali View Post
                      Why is better to have the arrow in the burger holes? It is suppose to be the center of the string?

Thanks!
                      There are several reasons, first the bow design puts the valley of the grip below center and the rest holes above center. Center of the bow falls in between these two things. The arrow is nocked on the string about 1/2 to 3/4 inch above center. If you have your rest too high, it will effect the draw length and performance. If you could nock your arrow dead center, it would be in the longest draw point. The higher you have your nocking point, the more farther it gets from the longest draw point. Your bow hand is below center and your draw hand is above center. The closer you can keep your hands to the center of the bow, the better it is for tuning and shooting accuracy.

Comment

I had to set mine a little high where you can see light through the lower 3rd of the berger holes. I was having clearance issues with the blazer vanes and limbdriver rest.
                        GT500 ninja

Comment

I was having the same problem with a quad ld.I took a dremel tool with the right size sanding attachment and sanded the launcher groove a 1/4'' deeper so the arrow would sit lower in the launcher without having to lower the rest body.it worked perfect on the XLR. it kept the launcher a touch above the shelf when it was in the down position.

Comment

Here's a picture of mine I just tuned lastnight with an FOB to get clean passthroughs.,. I would say it ended up being about 3/4 above bottom of BH....
                            Last edited by Takeum; 05-13-2009, 01:25 PM.
                            2012 Elite Answer

As Iron sharpens Iron., So one man sharpens another...Prov:27:17

Comment

Thanks guys!. I'll see if I can dremel a little out of the valley of the ripcord and probably just get it as close as I can.

Comment

Working...
                              X