Thread: Help with bow press

Default Help with bow press

What bow presses does Elite suggest to use on there bows. What ones should we not use. Looking to buy one for home that doesnt cost alot of money.

Vapor Trail Prostaff
    Limb Driver
    Trophy Taker Shuttle T-Lock Prostaff
    Spot-Hogg Pro Staff
    Blueridge Backwoods Shooting Staff
    Elite XLR next camo,black limbs
    60lbs,29

Respected Member Ten Point eliteshooter's Avatar

I heard apple presses void your warrenty. It seems like the ez press or x press are your best options. I have the x press and really like it. there is a member on here who make an ez press copy that is really nice for 400.00 TYD Rattler has a cheap press called the toad and seems to like it send him a PM for his thoughts on the press. He is a straight shooter. (I think his wife is out shooting him now) And will give you details of that press.
    Last edited by eliteshooter; 02-08-2009 at 10:57 AM.
    I have a few elites

I use the X-press and love it.
    Andy
    Elite Answer
    Element RKT
    Omen

Respected Member Ten Point

Toad press is also an EZ press knockoff and sells for 280 over on Archery Talk. Good press will fit any bow and isn't too bad on the pocket book. Gritty's also has a cheap press that will work but it is a ***** to adjust for different bows.
    Dan

Senior Member Six Point out west's Avatar

Default Bow Press

Quote Originally Posted by heaterht View Post
    Toad press is also an EZ press knockoff and sells for 280 over on Archery Talk. Good press will fit any bow and isn't too bad on the pocket book. Gritty's also has a cheap press that will work but it is a ***** to adjust for different bows.
    Dan
    I agree, the Ultra and Omni press will work but they are a pain for adjusting for different bows. I picked up a Sootballs press (EZ Press knockoff) and I'm very happy with it. I would suggest either the Sootballs or Toad press. There is also another press that is almost an exact copy of the EZ Press sold on AT and here. I think it is a BBP. Any one of these three would be my recommendation. Here is the link to the BBP listed on here.

http://www.elitearchery.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=11715
    Last edited by out west; 02-08-2009 at 09:52 PM.

Senior Member Forked Horn

I cheated too, I built a super heavy duty power press. I like these styles of presses. Very easy and quick to adjust and use.

Senior Member Eight Point Capt Ray's Avatar

I am sure there are easier presses to adjust then the Omni press but I have never found it to be overly complicated. The press works great on all my Elite bows.

I am eye balling the EZ press knock offs. Looks like it could be a little tricky getting strings on and off with the fingers covering a portion of the cam. Anyone want to chime in on this?
    Elite Z28
    Elite Fire
    Elite GTO

I have the ELP and it works great on every bow out there.
    Elite Ninja Z-28 29/70

Senior Member Six Point out west's Avatar

Default Bow Press

Quote Originally Posted by Capt Ray View Post
    I am sure there are easier presses to adjust then the Omni press but I have never found it to be overly complicated. The press works great on all my Elite bows.

I am eye balling the EZ press knock offs. Looks like it could be a little tricky getting strings on and off with the fingers covering a portion of the cam. Anyone want to chime in on this?
    I have the Sootballs bow press sold on AT, and I've adjusted strings and even taken the strings/cables completely off without any problems at all. I have owned an Omni press in the past, and it wasn't hard by any means. But it did get annoying at times switching bewteen bows. Now that I have the Sootballs press (EZ press knockoff) I could never go back to an Omni style press. The EZ style knockoff presses are well worth the extra money IMO.