Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 33

Thread: More On Ot2

  1. #11
    Junior Member Fawn
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    22

    Default

    What's OT2? I reckon its software to select arrows?? is that right? I have never heard of it before so just asking....

    I use software also to select arrows and I guess I would have to ask why the software would change? The package I have is completely up to date and it still gives me the same arrow it did 5 years ago....

    For todays high performace bows it just simply recommends a stiffer arrow and to date I SWEAR by it..... I guess I just wanted to chime in and see what this was all about.... where does one see this?

  2. #12
    Respected Member Ten Point
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    1,284

    Default

    I don't know how much faith I have in these programs. I know w/ the updated version it puts the GT500 in the Xtra Hard Cam categorie. Before it was just listed as a Hard 2 cam and they didn't have a Xtra hard cam catagorie. That's all fine and good but it still puts my XLR in a hard cam, not Xtra hard and the last time I checked it has the same cam as the GT500? I personally don't believe the Rev cam is all that hard of a cam. It's not as hard as the cam on the GTO.
    Let us know what pinwheel says about the new ratings.
    thx
    Dan

  3. #13
    Junior Member Fawn
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    22

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by heaterht View Post
    I don't know how much faith I have in these programs. I know w/ the updated version it puts the GT500 in the Xtra Hard Cam categorie. Before it was just listed as a Hard 2 cam and they didn't have a Xtra hard cam catagorie. That's all fine and good but it still puts my XLR in a hard cam, not Xtra hard and the last time I checked it has the same cam as the GT500? I personally don't believe the Rev cam is all that hard of a cam. It's not as hard as the cam on the GTO.
    Let us know what pinwheel says about the new ratings.
    thx
    Dan
    Sounds like some sort of electronic version of the Easton selection chart. My program doesnt care about what cam it is....It just has a selection for Compound or Recurve. All I know is works and works well....someone mentioned not putting much faith in software......I put 100% in mine, but I can see if it is a constant moving target you would have reservations.

    mine is called The Archery Program (LOL! unique name!!!! ) Never really thought of that before.

    oh well..............good luck with yours!

  4. #14
    Respected Member Ten Point Stag lonehara's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Almira WA
    Posts
    2,081

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by archer58inPA View Post
    lonehara is going to verify the results with Pinwheel.
    The changes seem aweful drastic, we just want to be sure.
    I tried their phone number a couple of times today to no avail. I also emailed them so maybe we might know something tomorrow.

  5. #15
    Moderator Stag Maybee-R's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Washington State
    Posts
    13,594

    Default

    The older Archers advantage always recommended a stiff spine. I found my GT500 likes a little less spine than my GTO did. I dont have OnTarget2 But might order it for extra info.
    No ifs and or buts Just maybee.

  6. #16
    Respected Member Ten Point Stag lonehara's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Almira WA
    Posts
    2,081

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Maybee-R View Post
    The older Archers advantage always recommended a stiff spine. I found my GT500 likes a little less spine than my GTO did. I dont have OnTarget2 But might order it for extra info.
    Up until this last update I thought OT2 was very close. Their arrow speeds were always very generous but the other info was good.

  7. #17
    Junior Member Fawn
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    22

    Default

    Now I am curious and wonder if I am going to need new arrows as well. I am looking at getting a new Elite and spec for spec is very close to my allegiance. Anyone got a setup of a Gt500 that I can run through my software to see if it is going to spine right....

    I guess your draw length, weight and arrow you are currently happy with....not what your programs predict...just what works for you.

    I am curious.

  8. #18
    Junior Member Fawn
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    22

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lonehara View Post
    Up until this last update I thought OT2 was very close. Their arrow speeds were always very generous but the other info was good.
    Here's what my software says....is this what I can expect? the specs I am planning on are in the information. Also it says with 360 grains, 60 pounds 28.5 draw I am going see 282 f/s.....sound right?
    Attached Images Attached Images

  9. #19
    Respected Member Ten Point Stag lonehara's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Almira WA
    Posts
    2,081

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by northern_archer View Post
    Here's what my software says....is this what I can expect? the specs I am planning on are in the information. Also it says with 360 grains, 60 pounds 28.5 draw I am going see 282 f/s.....sound right?
    here is what OT2 says about your setup:It has your total arrow weight at 376.3 gr.. I used blazer vanes for your comparison.
    It shows your speed at 302.1 but that does not surprise me. As I said OT2 speeds are generous.
    The Optimum spine is .383
    The static spine is .390
    The FOC is 11.19%
    Gr./lb. is 6.272
    KE is 76.22
    It does show that the arrow is spined pretty close to your program. A 90 gr. tip on OT2 would make the arrow even closer to the center for a perfect spine.

  10. #20
    Junior Member Fawn
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    22

    Default

    Thanks but I was looking for some real world setups to compare to my software. Maybe I am in the wrong section.

    Thanks for all your information.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •