Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Elite Low-Brace Speed Bow

Senior Member Eight Point EricO's Avatar

Question Elite Low-Brace Speed Bow

I know I've asked similar questions to this before but has it been completely ruled out for this model year? Or are we playing a game with Mathews and PSE?

Respected Member Ten Point Stag Daniel Boone's Avatar

Default My thoughts

I doubt Elite gives Mathews or PSE thought when designing bows.

I think Kevins designs are trying to give you maximum speed without sacrificing accuracy. There are limits.
    DB
    OK-Archery DST 40, 09 Elite Z28, Vortex binos 15X50 Vipers , Carter releases, Trophy Taker rests, Vapor Trail strings, Custom Bow Equipment sights, Goldtip arrows. B Stinger Stabilizers. Slick Tricks

just for fun they should make a 6in bow... just to show them up... then market it as just a pure speed bow.. special order only... with month wait time...

Rattler

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Boone View Post
    I doubt Elite gives Mathews or PSE thought when designing bows.

I think Kevins designs are trying to give you maximum speed without sacrificing accuracy. There are limits.
    DB
    There has never been a more WRONG statement....there are NO limits! If we limit ourselves we would still be shooting a stick of osage and sinew!

Respected Member Ten Point cbarber's Avatar

there maybe limits with CURRENT technology. alot of people said a few years back that 300fps + would be tuff to achieve. look where we are at, almost every company has a bow out that will do 340. new developements are made everyday, don't limit yourself to yesterday.

i for one would love to see a pure speed bow from elite. 6 inch brace height and all, because we know they are not shootable

Default There are limits

Quote Originally Posted by Rattler View Post
    There has never been a more WRONG statement....there are NO limits! If we limit ourselves we would still be shooting a stick of osage and sinew!
    Most will tell you that. Atleast limits that one can manufactuer safely.
    DB
    OK-Archery DST 40, 09 Elite Z28, Vortex binos 15X50 Vipers , Carter releases, Trophy Taker rests, Vapor Trail strings, Custom Bow Equipment sights, Goldtip arrows. B Stinger Stabilizers. Slick Tricks

Respected Member Ten Point Stag Jaben620's Avatar

The GT500 gets a 346 IBO with a 7 inch brace height. If they dropped it down to a six inch brace height it be around 355 and 5 inches of brace height would get around 365 and an amputated wrist!

Ill stick with my Z28!

Respected Member Ten Point cbarber's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KsBowMan620 View Post
    The GT500 gets a 346 IBO with a 7 inch brace height. If they dropped it down to a six inch brace height it be around 355 and 5 inches of brace height would get around 365 and an amputated wrist!

Ill stick with my Z28!
    you are probably pretty close with that statement, but that is todays tecnology that you know of. gotta move forward.

Default Exactly

Ill stick with my Z28!
    7" inch works for me. Dont want no 6" bruise on my arm.
    DB

Ill stick with my Z28!

the rev cam seems to get better speeds in the longer lengths.. i would bet a 6in brace bow will hit close to 360....