Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: HHA or Sword

Respected Member Ten Point Stag 2xR's Avatar

Default HHA or Sword

OK gents (and ladies). I am intrigued by the HHA sights. I have shot the Hogg and liked them, but for the money I switched to Sword. I am looking for opinions of shooters who have shot both the HHA and Sword sights.

Also, isn't trying to remember to adjust your sight because it is set at 20 yards but you ranged the 12pt. at 37 yards just one more thing to worry about, go wrong and therefore miss. With a fixed 3-5 pin, you just use the 3rd pin and be done. No adjustments... Just my thought and question, no offense...
    Change is Mandatory - Growth is Optional

Respected Member Ten Point Stag TX Rattlesnake's Avatar

I just got a Sword Centurion and I do like it better than the HHA I had. Very well built, nice and bright pin, and good price. I do not like multi pin because I like the clear site picture the one pin gives me. When I hunt, I keep it at 25 yards which covers me to 30. I won't shoot over 30 anyway, so I never saw a need in multi pins.
    Did you see the size of that CHICKEN??????

it's like I'm playin' cards with my brother's kids or somethin'.

The 1st Annual EAF South Texas Porkapalooza....It's on Boys!!!!!!!

Senior Member Eight Point VorTexan's Avatar

Had both and liked both but right now my edge goes to Sword. I got the Twilight hunter 5 pin with hog light and love it. I don't see how they sell as low as they do either? Lotta quality for the price.
    Vortex Optics
    She Safari
    Treelimb Quivers
    Reign Broadheads yes they'll penetrate and fly true!
    Sword Sights "see it, do it"
    "Rattler Grips" listen to them=they speak the language

Respected Member Ten Point Stag standsitter's Avatar

HHA are improved for '09 with a new pin, I have one and it is nice.
    "The Yankee Bowman"
    ----------------------------------------
    '08 LH GT500-65lb Next G1 ​sold
    09 LH Z28-70lb AP sold
    '09 LH Z28-60lb AP sold
    '10 LH XLR-60lb AP Snow sold
    '11 LH Elite Pure-70lb Max 1 sold
    '12 LH Elite Answer-70lb-AP Black ​​sold
    '13 LH Hoyt Procomp Elite XL-60lb- Orange with Black hardware
    '14 LH Hoyt Faktor 34-65lb- AP

Respected Member Ten Point

HHA makes more than just a single pin sight If you are worried about forgetting to slide the sight. My guess is the guy who forgets to slide the sight pin is the same guy who may accidentally pick the wrong pin on a multi????? I own 4 HHA sights and do not see me ever shooting anything else.

Senior Member Eight Point ICH BIN's Avatar

If you have time to range the deer you have time to slide the sight. It doesn't take any time to adjust. It takes me longer to get my release on my d-loop sometimes.

But the one time I had a problem I had marks at 20, 30 ,40 and 50 on the tape. I always leave the sight at 20 yards that way I know my drops and such in case I don't have time to adjust. I forgot to reset the sight to the 20 mark. I had a doe come in down a trail, by a tree I knew was 30. Looked down slid sight up one mark, shot, missed the doe clear over her back. She just stopped and looked around. I had the sight set at 30, and slid the sight to 40, so I was about 12" high.

I can't stand to look through all those pins.

I like my HHA.

E
    Elite XLR
    Limb Driver, CarbonTech Cheetah 55/80
    G5 Montec, B-Stinger, FOBs, Sword Centurion

Rattler

Sword Centurion is the way to go IMO....SOLID sight. I put 5 pins in mine - 5 set to 60, than I can adjust if out spot and stalking and have a long range shot. Best of both worlds.

Respected Member Ten Point Stag YETI ARCHERY's Avatar
    Mis-Placed Texan living in Van Buren, Arkansas

I have done this one other time, I have 2 HHA sights, 2xR if you would like I would be willing to send you one of my HHA's for you to try out. When you are done with it send it back to me all you would have to cover would be the shipping back. That way you can form your own opinion without spending your money on the HHA. I like the HHA, I like the looks of the Sword also. I will probably be buying a sword in the near future. But I thought that I would throw it out there and see if you would like to try it. Right now both my HHA's are in Rattlers hands and I believe he has sent them back to me along with my Spot Hogg. If you would like to try this then shoot me your address in a PM.

YETI ARCHERY

CUSTOM GRIPS AND SIDE PLATES
    "If you can dream it, I can build it."

Respected Member Ten Point Stag 2xR's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 72Beetle View Post
    I have done this one other time, I have 2 HHA sights, 2xR if you would like I would be willing to send you one of my HHA's for you to try out. When you are done with it send it back to me all you would have to cover would be the shipping back. That way you can form your own opinion without spending your money on the HHA. I like the HHA, I like the looks of the Sword also. I will probably be buying a sword in the near future. But I thought that I would throw it out there and see if you would like to try it. Right now both my HHA's are in Rattlers hands and I believe he has sent them back to me along with my Spot Hogg. If you would like to try this then shoot me your address in a PM.
    Is this forum awesome or what!?! Archers helping archers... Would love to take you up on the offer... PM forthcoming.
    Change is Mandatory - Growth is Optional

Respected Member Ten Point Stag YETI ARCHERY's Avatar
    Mis-Placed Texan living in Van Buren, Arkansas

Just tryin to help out where I can, If given the oppourtunity to try something before buying one I would love it. It helps when you were from Texas as I myself once was. I had to relocate to Arkasas for my job.

YETI ARCHERY

CUSTOM GRIPS AND SIDE PLATES
    "If you can dream it, I can build it."