Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Any of you guys fish tournaments?

P.Smash

Default Any of you guys fish tournaments?

Just wondering how many members are tournament bass fishers? If so, what's your favorite lake? What's your "go to" bait? What's your biggest stringer weighed in?

Senior Member Six Point papapump's Avatar

do a lot of buddy bass tourneys. favorite lake around my area is mozingo and smithville lakes. go to baits...zoom brush hogs, trick worms, eakins jigs, and lake fork craw tube, and my favorite for this time of year is carolina rigging a ring-fry off of points especially with brush or rocks at the end. our biggest sack was a little over 22lbs/five fish for one tournament a couple of years ago.

P.Smash

I fish the heck out of Eakins jigs, peanut butter-n-jelly. The smallmouth eat them up here on Tenkiller. Texas-rigged red tomato 10" worms in deep brushpiles during the hot summer months is how I catch largemouth, and of course the 'ol black and blue flippin jig. I've never fished those lakes, been on Tablerock several times, we caught about a hundred football shaped spotted bass in one night. 22 lbs is a good string

i've had my boat on tenkiller several times. my dad lives in fort gibson and i used to take him fishing over there all the time. great lake. we'd put in up north to try and get the smallies. we'd also fish the hwy 82 bridge pilings for suspended bass. the lake kind of reminds me of tablerock with all of the cliffs, rocks, drops, etc. just not quite as clear.

P.Smash

That's a good comparison, it fishes alot like Tablerock. It's a small world, I did'nt realize anyone would recognize my home lake. Jiggin spoon in the winter on those bridge pilings can be dinomite! I'm fishin a jackpot on Tenkiller tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by P.Smash View Post
    That's a good comparison, it fishes alot like Tablerock. It's a small world, I did'nt realize anyone would recognize my home lake. Jiggin spoon in the winter on those bridge pilings can be dinomite! I'm fishin a jackpot on Tenkiller tonight.
    Good luck!

Been fishing in bass tourney's for over ten years now (much less for the last couple years).

Favorite Lake(s)

Table Rock, Lake Fork and 3 Mile (Iowa).

Biggest one day stringer:

26-10 (Five fish limit) Table Rock 2003

I really wish I had more time to do it. I also wish that I lived closer to some "bass" waters. Most of what we have in my neck of the woods are Walleye waters.

My favorite lure - Berkely Power Jig - Black/Blue with a Zoom Chunk Trailer (Black).
    Mac Island Outdoors
    Elite Archery Gold Dealer
    3488 Road BC
    Superior, NE 68978
    (402) 879-1945
    www.macislandoutdoors.com

Respected Member Ten Point Stag wassaw's Avatar

5 fish limit 28.07 Culprit- 7" tequila sunrise and of course TEXAS RIGGED!!! lol

did not place but DA.. what a day!!!! Sam Rayburn in the 80's
    Abstracted Member of the TEXAS BOYS

Rattler

I like the salt too much When I want fresh action I go to our stock tank

Quote Originally Posted by wassaw View Post
    5 fish limit 28.07 Culprit- 7" tequila sunrise and of course TEXAS RIGGED!!! lol

did not place but DA.. what a day!!!! Sam Rayburn in the 80's
    Didn't place? I have never had the opportunity to fish Rayburn, but I've heard stories from back in the day.
    Mac Island Outdoors
    Elite Archery Gold Dealer
    3488 Road BC
    Superior, NE 68978
    (402) 879-1945
    www.macislandoutdoors.com