Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Strother Archery

Respected Member Ten Point Stag 29@62lbs's Avatar

I don't think they would cost anymore than any other top of line bow, but that is purely speculation. Kinda like reliving 2006 again.......... LOL

Dan
    2006 E-500 "the bow that started it all"
    Proud owner of six 2006 Elites, 3ea E-500's, 6 5/8" Energy, Impulse & an E-Force
    2008 Aigil w/REV cams and 2008.5 GT-500
    Black 60# Judge. Proud SYN'er Member

Respected Member Ten Point Stag wassaw's Avatar

this is a win win. Pete likes hunting and target, Kevin likes speed and target.

knocking the big guys back to reality.

good show Pete (asking for this thread to be re-opened----class act and well played sir)
    Abstracted Member of the TEXAS BOYS

welcome back mr. postacide LOL..... haven't seen you in awhile. LOLOLOLOL
    Proud owner of six 2006 Elites, 3ea E-500's, 6 5/8" Energy, Impulse & an E-Force

Respected Member Ten Point Stag kydirtbag's Avatar

Dirty Bird Special a Yeti Production
    : 29.5"/62#-LD Pro V-Stokerized stabilizer-G5 Rock 4-pin sight

29/70# GTO AT edition with Max1 limbs & Yeti side plates
    Apache drop away-Easton Axis Nfused

Respected Member Ten Point Stag wassaw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by flintcreek6412 View Post
    I posted this on AT and I am sure it won't last long:

Am I the only guy wondering how Kevin is coming out with "New Technology" when up until the last month or 2 he was designing the 2010 Elite bows

I obviously don't know the entire scoop behind the scenes but it sure seems pretty reasonable to assume that A) his leaving Elite was a well planned venture since they are announcing a new bow company this quick and B) he must have already had this "New Technology" in mind before ever leaving Elite.

So one has to ask, if he was designing bows for Elite, yet at the same time he is designing his own bow to release later, wasn't he in fact holding out on Elite. I don't know about you, but if I pay a guy to develop a bow for me, I want the best he is able to make without holding out on anything.

Seems kind of unprofessional to me. I know that I would never consider hiring anyone with that kind of track record. OK, flame away

This is simply a logical assumption that most reasonable people would make. The circumstances just seem to obvious. Perception is everything in business and this is how "I" perceive the matter.
    Maybe Elite did not care for what was presented and Kevin is making something out of it. obviously Pete is good with it or the thread would not have re-opened.
    Abstracted Member of the TEXAS BOYS

Did someone say 7 1/8 BH @ 360 fps and another one with 8 BH @ 330??????????

Senior Member Forked Horn

Quote Originally Posted by ctious View Post
    i read and replied to both your posts guys.... You need to know kevin was a consultant to elite nothing more.... He was free all along to do what he like.... Maybe elite did not want to use his new stuff.... Or did not want to pay the price for it.... either way K did nothing wrong if he offered it or not... that was his choice... I know all you guys that work for someone would have a hard time understanding what a self employed person does and how business works
    Now that is a good point that you did not make in your AT post. Had you made that point I may have have responded different. But you didn't. You simply said he's a consultant free to do what he wants.

The slam on those that work for others is off base. And FYI I do both. I have owned my own business and also consulted for businesses. In doing so I was free to do my own thing, BUT....I had to be aware of any potential conflicts of interest between competing customers. It's called integrity...you know....that dirty little word in business. Trust me, I've seen it cast aside by many people that I won't associate with any longer.
    2009 Hoyt Alpha Max 35.....yes I'm a traitor and got rid of the GT500.
    2006 Hoyt Vulcan(my killing machine)

Senior Member Forked Horn

It's amazing the conlcusions one can get to in the absence of accurate information.
    Simple should not be confused with Easy

Senior Member Forked Horn Tsmiddy21790's Avatar

im just worried about the avaliability of parts for my 08.5 z-28 ... if kevin designed it and he left how long will elite continue to produce parts for my bow
    08 Synergy Xtreme"Mothwing Winter"
    AAE Rests
    Montana Black Gold Sights
    Carter Releases
    Rackmaster Strings and Cables

Respected Member Ten Point Stag TEXAS 10PT's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tsmiddy21790 View Post
    im just worried about the avaliability of parts for my 08.5 z-28 ... if kevin designed it and he left how long will elite continue to produce parts for my bow
    You should have no worries. Kevin leaving and Elite having parts are unrelated. They will continue to have parts as long as EO LLC owns the company.

TEXAS
    2011 PURE MAX 1
    2012 ANSWER SNOW
    2013 PULSE MAX 1
    2014 ENERGY 35 XTRA
    Elite Archery Pro Staff

Proud Member of the Texas Boys
    BH and HTC Nashville