Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: good news/bad news.

Senior Member Six Point beanz2166's Avatar

Default good news/bad news.

Well elite people, its been awhile since I been here. Had lots of drama recently in my life.

The bad news: wife and I are probably getting a divorce.

But

The good news: is I dont have to run me buying a new GTO past anyone first... Come on tax return.

Senior Member Eight Point Jerry/NJ's Avatar

So where is the bad news?

Sucks if you have kids involved.....I wish you the best of luck with things beanz

Junior Member Fawn

i hear ya brutha

Senior Member Six Point TxHunter's Avatar

Sorry to hear that. Hopefully things will work out and you will be better off. Good luck.
    Elite GTO

Senior Member Four Point Deextee's Avatar

Been through it. I didn't think it was right until later when I realized she was NOT right for me! Now remarried with a 16 month old angel (brat) and our second due in August! Coldn't be happier! Well....

Get to ordering that Elite!
    "If you think you are free, then there is no escape"

Terminal Velocity "Limited Edition" NatGear GTO

Senior Member Forked Horn Recordkeeper's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by beanz2166 View Post
    Well elite people, its been awhile since I been here. Had lots of drama recently in my life.

But

The good news: is I dont have to run me buying a new GTO past anyone first... Come on tax return.
    If'n ya filed a joint return....maybe you shouldn't be counting those chickens just yet...

Sorry to hear about the break up. If you want my top ten list for how to go cope with getting a divorce, just say so and I'll post them.

Rattler

sorry to hear that.

Senior Member Forked Horn Fly Low's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Recordkeeper View Post
    If you want my top ten list for how to go cope with getting a divorce, just say so and I'll post them.
    Let's see them RK!

Senior Member Forked Horn Recordkeeper's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fly Low View Post
    Let's see them RK!
    1. A divorce is one of the most stressful things that can happen to a person, so take care of your body and your mind throughout the process.

2. No matter how good a good marriage is, it cannot be nearly as good as a bad marriage is bad.

3. You'll think this is a crazy piece of advice, but keep a daily journal about what is going on in your life and your feelings as you progress through the divorce. As time goes on, this will be more helpful than you'd ever believe.

4. Do your very best to stay level headed and rational with everyone you deal with throughout the divorce process. This makes your arguments much more convincing. Don't be afraid to own up to and admit the mistakes you have made. You cannot correct them if you cannot admit to them, and we all know that a failed marriage is very unlikely to be entirely the fault of one party.

5. Look at this time as an opportunity for a fresh start. For yourself and your soon to be former spouse. This is an opportunity to rebuild your life, and more times than not, better times are just around the corner.

6. Be realistic in your expectations through the process. This is hard on everyone involved...not just yourself. This is a really bad time to be selfish.

7. Get a **** good attorney, but don't let them go overboard. A sense of fairness is critical.

9. Don't whine more than necessary about child support. Your children are worth far more than money.

10. When I got my divorce 24 years ago, I lost everything. Absolutely everything. I kept some clothes, a car that wasn't worth $200, and a mountain of debt. I even lost my golf clubs and baseball glove in the process. But I worked hard, climbed out from that pile of debt, made everyone whole, mended relationships, won custody of my child (never collected a single penny of child support and didn't whine about it once), and rebuilt my life from the ashes. It was the hardest thing I have ever had to do in my life, but it was worth it. I now have a great wife, a great family, and a sense of stability that would never have been possible in my first marriage.

Hang in there!

Senior Member Eight Point EricO's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by beanz2166 View Post

But

Dude you're on the Baptist prayer list.

I've had some crazy trauma as well,out side of the archery world. Just hang in there.