Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Need some Envy advice...

Senior Member Forked Horn winzo's Avatar

Default Need some Envy advice...

I have an opportunity to buy Envy#60. I have seen the bow and noticed that the suppressors were missing.

The owner told me one broke, so he cut them down and put them back on the limbs to ensure there wont be problems caused by the holes in the limbs. He said that apparently the suppressor arms did break on other Envy's.

Is this normal? Would you guys buy the bow if, otherwise it was in good condition?

Last Q...what will a new set of suppressor arms cost? Will the warrenty cover them?

Thanks
    AT GTO
    73#, 28"
    280 fps, 472gn CX Rebel Hunter Arrows
    Thunderhead 100's
    Envy # 0027
    73#, 28"
    285fps, 470gn CX Piledriver Arrows
    Thunderhead 100's

Senior Member Eight Point top gun 80's Avatar

Broken suppressor arms are pretty common on Envy's. The make new ones now that are much heavier duty. I would still buy it since the limb holes were still plugged.
    07 Elite Envy #143
    08 Elite GTO Target Black
    11 PSE TAC 15i
    12 Scorpyd Ventilator
    12 Strykezone 380

Respected Member Ten Point Stag 2xR's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by top gun 80 View Post
    Broken suppressor arms are pretty common on Envy's. The make new ones now that are much heavier duty. I would still buy it since the limb holes were still plugged.

Exactly! I see often times people time the cams so that the string rests on the rubber stop at rest... Not a good idea. The string should be 1/16-1/8 off the rubber stoppers at rest...
    Change is Mandatory - Growth is Optional

Senior Member Six Point $mitty05's Avatar

my experience with the envy was very short. i owned one but didnt like it at all. lots of handshock even after being timed perfectly. the rubber stoppers wore out really quickly. had low let off, and the draw wasnt all that great either. i sold mine pretty quickly. i will say it was really fast though.
    Elite Z28 AP Camo 28" / 60 lbs.
    Bear Attack Camo 28"/ 60 lbs.
    Bear Truth Camo 28"/ 60 lbs.

Respected Member Ten Point BAD007's Avatar

Just another perspective since there is a post abouit dislikes. I have had my Envy suppressor arms cut off since the bow was about two months old. I did the same as what it sounds like this guy did as it still performs perfectly. I have not seen another bow to date with a 7" brace height that is faster and that includes all of the 2010 line up as well. I have owned five of them and none of them were loud or had bad hand shock when timed correctly and everything was tight on the bow. They are awesome bows that are faster than most 6" brace bows. You won't be sorry with the purchase. If you are they are very easy to sell.
    2014 E32 MAX 1
    2013 PULSE MAX 1

SLICK TRICKS
    LONESOME ELK ARCHERY (A FLATLANDERS PARADISE)
    WHITETAIL ADDICTIONS IS BACK ON TV STARTING THE FALL OF 2014

Respected Member Ten Point Stag Scablands's Avatar

The Envy I have had 70# limbs and I put some 60# standard limbs on it that weren't drilled for the string stoppers. I just added an STS instead.
    Some people try to turn back their odometers. Not
    me, I want people to know "why" I look this way. I've
    traveled a long way and some of the roads weren't paved.

Respected Member Ten Point Stag Scablands's Avatar

Here is a picture......
    Some people try to turn back their odometers. Not
    me, I want people to know "why" I look this way. I've
    traveled a long way and some of the roads weren't paved.

Respected Member Ten Point BAD007's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Scablands View Post
    The Envy I have had 70# limbs and I put some 60# standard limbs on it that weren't drilled for the string stoppers. I just added an STS instead.

The only thing a guy needs to be careful of when doing this is the draw stop actually contacts the string suppressor arm and without the arm in place the draw stop settings will be very different that what the manual calls for. Other than that the suppressors are not necessary as a sts is just as functional.
    2014 E32 MAX 1
    2013 PULSE MAX 1

SLICK TRICKS
    LONESOME ELK ARCHERY (A FLATLANDERS PARADISE)
    WHITETAIL ADDICTIONS IS BACK ON TV STARTING THE FALL OF 2014

Respected Member Ten Point HoPaLONg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BAD007 View Post
    Just another perspective since there is a post abouit dislikes. I have had my Envy suppressor arms cut off since the bow was about two months old. I did the same as what it sounds like this guy did as it still performs perfectly. I have not seen another bow to date with a 7" brace height that is faster and that includes all of the 2010 line up as well. I have owned five of them and none of them were loud or had bad hand shock when timed correctly and everything was tight on the bow. They are awesome bows that are faster than most 6" brace bows. You won't be sorry with the purchase. If you are they are very easy to sell.
    i would have to agree. The reason i sold my GT500 is the Envy was just soooo much faster.
    GTO
    Envy #288

Senior Member Eight Point top gun 80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ;296210
    my experience with the envy was very short. i owned one but didnt like it at all. lots of handshock even after being timed perfectly. the rubber stoppers wore out really quickly. had low let off, and the draw wasnt all that great either. i sold mine pretty quickly. i will say it was really fast though.
    Huh..... You must have had the only lemon Elite ever made
    07 Elite Envy #143
    08 Elite GTO Target Black
    11 PSE TAC 15i
    12 Scorpyd Ventilator
    12 Strykezone 380