Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 21

Thread: Need some Envy advice...

  1. #11
    Senior Member Six Point $mitty05's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Carlisle,Pennsylvania
    Posts
    413

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by top gun 80 View Post
    Huh..... You must have had the only lemon Elite ever made
    that was my experience with the one i owned. and it was in perfect time. i had it at fury x archery and wes worked on it and got it the best he could. and about the only lemon elite has produced, how many z28's did they have trouble with centershots and clearance problems with the cables? not bashing b/c i shoot a z28 just stating the facts.
    Elite Z28 AP Camo 28" / 60 lbs.
    Bear Attack Camo 28"/ 60 lbs.
    Bear Truth Camo 28"/ 60 lbs.

  2. #12
    Senior Member Forked Horn winzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    South Africa
    Posts
    143

    Default

    Thanks alot guys....this has helped and has also put me at ease a little...
    AT GTO
    73#, 28"
    280 fps, 472gn CX Rebel Hunter Arrows
    Thunderhead 100's
    Envy # 0027
    73#, 28"
    285fps, 470gn CX Piledriver Arrows
    Thunderhead 100's

  3. #13
    Senior Member Eight Point top gun 80's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    midwest
    Posts
    803

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ;296405
    that was my experience with the one i owned. and it was in perfect time. i had it at fury x archery and wes worked on it and got it the best he could. and about the only lemon elite has produced, how many z28's did they have trouble with centershots and clearance problems with the cables? not bashing b/c i shoot a z28 just stating the facts.
    Did you see the "smiley" at the end of my post? I was not bashing either, just that your experience is different than almost everybody else. I have owned 5 Envy's and had no handshock in any of them, period, hence my lemon comment. Letoff is lower by design but can be tuned to around 78-80%. Draw cycle can be a little stiff with speed mods, and speed, well. you know
    07 Elite Envy #143
    08 Elite GTO Target Black
    11 PSE TAC 15i
    12 Scorpyd Ventilator
    12 Strykezone 380

  4. #14
    Senior Member Six Point $mitty05's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Carlisle,Pennsylvania
    Posts
    413

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by top gun 80 View Post
    did you see the "smiley" at the end of my post? I was not bashing either, just that your experience is different than almost everybody else. I have owned 5 envy's and had no handshock in any of them, period, hence my lemon comment. Letoff is lower by design but can be tuned to around 78-80%. Draw cycle can be a little stiff with speed mods, and speed, well. You know
    yea i seen it. Just i didnt know how to take what you said so i said what was on my mind. I didnt like it for the reasons i stated and thats all that matters. No 2 bows are the same. Mine also had the speed mods. Yes it was fast. I had my gto at that time to so i had a good speed bow to compare it to. Id take the gto over the envy any day. They were very close in speed.
    Elite Z28 AP Camo 28" / 60 lbs.
    Bear Attack Camo 28"/ 60 lbs.
    Bear Truth Camo 28"/ 60 lbs.

  5. #15
    Senior Member Six Point meyerske's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Southwest Pennsylvania
    Posts
    389

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ;296574
    yea i seen it. Just i didnt know how to take what you said so i said what was on my mind. I didnt like it for the reasons i stated and thats all that matters. No 2 bows are the same. Mine also had the speed mods. Yes it was fast. I had my gto at that time to so i had a good speed bow to compare it to. Id take the gto over the envy any day. They were very close in speed.
    No, the GTO and the Envy we're never close in speed. Something was wrong with that Envy you had. Between me and my buddy, we've owned seven Envys and they are a joy to shoot. I recently shot an SR-71 and it had way more hand shock than my Envys.

  6. #16
    Moderator Stag Maybee-R's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Washington State
    Posts
    13,594

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by meyerske View Post
    No, the GTO and the Envy we're never close in speed. Something was wrong with that Envy you had. Between me and my buddy, we've owned seven Envys and they are a joy to shoot. I recently shot an SR-71 and it had way more hand shock than my Envys.
    If they were so great why did you guys have to buy 7 of them? LMAO!
    Just kidding! I know there great bows, But I think close in speed to some might be within 5 fps.
    No ifs and or buts Just maybee.

  7. #17
    Respected Member Ten Point Stag 29@62lbs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    New Albany, In
    Posts
    3,540

    Default

    You really can't go wrong with any Elite. I have owned an Envy and they are a good bow. Personally I would put the suppressors on or switch limbs, just my opinion. Alot of people on the forum think they are the best looking bow Elite has ever made.
    Dan
    2006 E-500 "the bow that started it all"
    Proud owner of six 2006 Elites, 3ea E-500's, 6 5/8" Energy, Impulse & an E-Force
    2008 Aigil w/REV cams and 2008.5 GT-500
    Black 60# Judge. Proud SYN'er Member

  8. #18
    Respected Member Ten Point BAD007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    1,444

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 29@62lbs View Post
    You really can't go wrong with any Elite. I have owned an Envy and they are a good bow. Personally I would put the suppressors on or switch limbs, just my opinion. Alot of people on the forum think they are the best looking bow Elite has ever made.
    Dan

    Really. I did not know that.
    2014 E32 MAX 1
    2013 PULSE MAX 1

    SLICK TRICKS
    LONESOME ELK ARCHERY (A FLATLANDERS PARADISE)
    WHITETAIL ADDICTIONS IS BACK ON TV STARTING THE FALL OF 2014

  9. #19
    Senior Member Six Point $mitty05's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Carlisle,Pennsylvania
    Posts
    413

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by meyerske View Post
    No, the GTO and the Envy we're never close in speed. Something was wrong with that Envy you had. Between me and my buddy, we've owned seven Envys and they are a joy to shoot. I recently shot an SR-71 and it had way more hand shock than my Envys.
    if anything was wrong with it wes would have found it. it was spot on spec wise. even he had the same things to say about it. believe what you want but you never shot it so you have no clue how it shot. i wanted to like it but that never happened. liked the gto 3x better.
    Elite Z28 AP Camo 28" / 60 lbs.
    Bear Attack Camo 28"/ 60 lbs.
    Bear Truth Camo 28"/ 60 lbs.

  10. #20
    Respected Member Ten Point BAD007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    1,444

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ;296656
    if anything was wrong with it wes would have found it. it was spot on spec wise. even he had the same things to say about it. believe what you want but you never shot it so you have no clue how it shot. i wanted to like it but that never happened. liked the gto 3x better.
    I too have never heard of any Envy having bad vibration problems. Maybe what Wes did was the problem.Did anyone else take time to try and find the issue? Did Wes build new strings for it? Were the limbs completely removed from the pockets to inspect? Just curious cause there was an issue somewhere. You do shoot the second best bow i know of though. The GTO is awesome for sure.
    2014 E32 MAX 1
    2013 PULSE MAX 1

    SLICK TRICKS
    LONESOME ELK ARCHERY (A FLATLANDERS PARADISE)
    WHITETAIL ADDICTIONS IS BACK ON TV STARTING THE FALL OF 2014

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •