Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: VTX vs. 452X?

  1. #1
    Respected Member Ten Point Don Beaver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    The Wood
    Posts
    1,078

    Default VTX vs. 452X?

    Could someone explain the differences between these materials?

    I've never gotten into the technical aspect of the various string materials and have always just trusted Vapor Trails to build my strings. I know they like to use VTX, but Elite recommends 452X...

    If anyone could shed some light on this I'd appreciate it.
    989-697-5341
    Our racks are loaded.

  2. #2
    Senior Member Eight Point CamG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Superior, NE
    Posts
    938

    Default

    I had a set of VTX on a Vetrix, and was not impressed much. They turned into "fuzz balls" in about 2 months. Didn't have too much trouble with creep, but that always bothered me.
    Mac Island Outdoors
    Elite Archery Gold Dealer
    3488 Road BC
    Superior, NE 68978
    (402) 879-1945
    www.macislandoutdoors.com

  3. #3
    Senior Member Six Point JLH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Frederick, MD
    Posts
    421

    Default

    VTX is Vapor Trail's exclusive blend of string material, only they have it...it's 14 strands.
    452x is BCY's string material...most sets are built with 24 strands.
    They are the same thickness, and basically have the same charectoristics...no creep, stable...etc...

  4. #4
    Respected Member Ten Point Don Beaver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    The Wood
    Posts
    1,078

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JLH View Post
    VTX is Vapor Trail's exclusive blend of string material, only they have it...it's 14 strands.
    452x is BCY's string material...most sets are built with 24 strands.
    They are the same thickness, and basically have the same charectoristics...no creep, stable...etc...
    Here is a loaded question... I see you have Vapor Trail listed in your sig. Are using their VTX or did you have them use 452X as Elite recommends?
    989-697-5341
    Our racks are loaded.

  5. #5
    Respected Member Ten Point Don Beaver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    The Wood
    Posts
    1,078

    Default

    I'm pretty familar with VTX, but not very familiar with 452X...
    989-697-5341
    Our racks are loaded.

  6. #6
    Respected Member Ten Point LakeinX2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Floyds Knobs, Indiana
    Posts
    1,150

    Default

    VTX voids the Elite warranty if I remember right.
    Elite Archery Pro Staff
    Stage 1 Pro Staff
    VaporTrail Limbdriver Prostaff
    Get Kids Involved!!!

  7. #7
    Respected Member Ten Point Don Beaver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    The Wood
    Posts
    1,078

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LakeinX2 View Post
    VTX voids the Elite warranty if I remember right.
    I've heard this, but haven't confirmed it and am trying to find out why it does, if it does. I keep forgetting to ask...
    989-697-5341
    Our racks are loaded.

  8. #8
    Senior Member Six Point JLH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Frederick, MD
    Posts
    421

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Don Beaver View Post
    Here is a loaded question... I see you have Vapor Trail listed in your sig. Are using their VTX or did you have them use 452X as Elite recommends?
    I have, and do use both....I think I perfer the 452 better...don't know why, maybe just fell better shooting it because it's supposed to be there.

    Not too worried about warranty, if it breaks, I'll just buy a new one anyways...they got me hooked like a crack addict.

  9. #9
    Senior Member Six Point JLH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Frederick, MD
    Posts
    421

    Default

    I may swap out the strings from time to time, but.....One thing's for sure....I'll never shoot a bow without a Limbdriver on it.

  10. #10
    Respected Member Ten Point Don Beaver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    The Wood
    Posts
    1,078

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JLH View Post
    I have, and do use both....I think I perfer the 452 better...don't know why, maybe just fell better shooting it because it's supposed to be there.

    Not too worried about warranty, if it breaks, I'll just buy a new one anyways...they got me hooked like a crack addict.
    Intersting. I wonder why it felt better? Perhaps 452X has a little more elastisity to it and gives it a smoother feel. This would also mean that VTX would have less give and could be the reason it's not recommended... Or I could be way off base...
    989-697-5341
    Our racks are loaded.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •