Thread: B-Stingers vs Doinkers vs Bernies

Senior Member Eight Point RageBlood's Avatar

Default B-Stingers vs Doinkers vs Bernies

I'm in the market for a new long stab ~30" and back bar ~12-15", are the top Doinkers and B-Stingers really that much better than Bernies bars? are they worth ~$100 more!!, seems too much to me.

What do you all think?

+ Post your XLR setups that work for you.

Thanks,

Rage.

Senior Member Eight Point possum#1's Avatar

I am shooting Bernies stabilizers and like them real well.I am shooting the shorter ones 11.5 to 12" ones.I have bought 2 of these and a 8" one for my son.I can not comment on the other ones.Good luck with your choice.

Respected Member Ten Point Stag shootstraight's Avatar

The idea behind the stiff fat carbon rods is that you can put. a lot of weight up front hence needing a lot of back weight. Personally I think its a bit of a fad, the fat bars that is. There are other bars out there that work just as well for way less money. Balance and adjustable weight are what to look for in a setup, check out AEP.
    2011 Pure Sno AT 29/60
    Frequent Frankenbower

Respected Member Ten Point Stag Daniel Boone's Avatar

Default Rageblood

Quote Originally Posted by RageBlood View Post
    I'm in the market for a new long stab ~30" and back bar ~12-15", are the top Doinkers and B-Stingers really that much better than Bernies bars? are they worth ~$100 more!!, seems too much to me.

What do you all think?

+ Post your XLR setups that work for you.

Thanks,

Rage.

Never told you wrong and I have tried all three. BStingers are that good.
    I really do like them and I did ask alot of pros for two years. There a good reason so many shoot them.

Works for me.
    DB
    OK-Archery DST 40, 09 Elite Z28, Vortex binos 15X50 Vipers , Carter releases, Trophy Taker rests, Vapor Trail strings, Custom Bow Equipment sights, Goldtip arrows. B Stinger Stabilizers. Slick Tricks

Senior Member Eight Point RageBlood's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Boone View Post
    Never told you wrong and I have tried all three. BStingers are that good.
    Nope you never did, I'm thinking 30" at the front and 12 or 15 at the back, I have the older doinkers right now I think 34" up front and 12 at the back, what do you run Dan?

Respected Member Ten Point Stag Daniel Boone's Avatar

Default Honestly

Quote Originally Posted by RageBlood View Post
    Nope you never did, I'm thinking 30" at the front and 12 or 15 at the back, I have the older doinkers right now I think 34" up front and 12 at the back, what do you run Dan?

For Elite bows I believe 26 to 28" is enough with 10inch bar on the back.

Im runing 30" and 12 inch on my backside with my longer axle bow. Elite shorter axle doesnt need that much to balance. OKARCHER from what I saw todays running like 26" and eight on back side on his GT500. He shooting Doinkers and shooting quite well.
    DB
    OK-Archery DST 40, 09 Elite Z28, Vortex binos 15X50 Vipers , Carter releases, Trophy Taker rests, Vapor Trail strings, Custom Bow Equipment sights, Goldtip arrows. B Stinger Stabilizers. Slick Tricks

Respected Member Ten Point Stag shootstraight's Avatar

If there's one piece of equipment that you can't look at what others are shooting it's stabs. What one person shoots is not going to feel the same to you, I'd try some if you can get your hands on some. If you feel the need then go classified, there's a continual stream of them being sold. I've been looking for about a month cause I was bit by the same bug, but ended up staying with AEP. Just can't see dropping $400+ into something I wasn't dead sure wasn't going to work for me.
    2011 Pure Sno AT 29/60
    Frequent Frankenbower