Thread: Berger Holes/Nockpoint

Senior Member Forked Horn

Default Berger Holes/Nockpoint

Hey guys,....

I need some help, and advice on where i'm tuning my limbdriver to....
    I have the arrow running above the berger holes where as some people say
    they run them directly through........
    Is this okay? My bow seems to shoot well at this point, but seeing other
    people where they run them has me wondering.......

Thank you,

Respected Member Ten Point eweese18's Avatar

You can run them just a tad high on the berger holes, I usually make them bisect the berger holes and then go from there. Some bows will tune better with the arrow just a tad above the berger holes rather than directly bisecting them. You just have to play around with it and see how it tunes. So there isnt anything wrong with them being just a tad high no. Just make sure your nocking point is 90 degrees to the arrow on the rest. They tend to tune best this way. Hope this helps.
    Proud Member of the Texas Boys

Respected Member Ten Point

If that's how my bow looked right now I would lower the rest to be closer to the middle of the berger holes, then lower the nocking point to get the bubble more centered. It's OK to be a little nock high but not as high as you have it.

Respected Member Ten Point Stag shootstraight's Avatar

I set mine all up at the top of the berger hole, just seems to work well on these bows. If yours shoots and tunes well at that leave it alone.
    2011 Pure Sno AT 29/60
    Frequent Frankenbower

Banned Stag

After shooting elites for more than a few years Ive come to the conclusion that these cams, which are symmetrical, are very tolerant of varying nock heights. I think because of its superior horizontal nock travel characteristics.
    I feel that the height of the arrow effects hold and being we all "hold" the bow slightly different we use different setups., Like for me I have a Med high wrist grip and like the arrow slightly below the center of berger hole, it just balances the bow for ME. if I run it higher I feel like I pull on the top a little much and vice versa for running it lower. Makes these bows exceptionally tunable to a shooter.
    So if it feels good and shoots good it likely IS good.

Senior Member Six Point gt500elitist's Avatar

Unless I am seeing this wrong, although your arrow is high on the bergers your nock is even higher because of the bubble location. In my experience binaries tune very well with the arrow directly through the berger and 90 degree nock level. I am not sure why you would want a very high nock point with an arrow above the center of the berger hole.

That Bubble is level. I have one like that also. the first line is 1/16th? If I remember right.
    I found the bottom of the holes work best for me also. My buddy likes his just like yours. over the top edge of the holes.
    If its shooting good I would take note of it, then change the set up to the middle and even try the lower setting like L-train said it depends on the Indian and the bow is probably going to shoot fine either way. You might just like it better if you try different spots.
    No ifs and or buts Just maybee.

Respected Member Ten Point Stag DustyRx's Avatar

I usually set mine up right through the middle of the berger holes but apparently it doesn't have to be.

Senior Member Eight Point RageBlood's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by L-train View Post
    After shooting elites for more than a few years Ive come to the conclusion that these cams, which are symmetrical, are very tolerant of varying nock heights. I think because of its superior horizontal nock travel characteristics.
    I feel that the height of the arrow effects hold and being we all "hold" the bow slightly different we use different setups., Like for me I have a Med high wrist grip and like the arrow slightly below the center of berger hole, it just balances the bow for ME. if I run it higher I feel like I pull on the top a little much and vice versa for running it lower. Makes these bows exceptionally tunable to a shooter.
    So if it feels good and shoots good it likely IS good.
    Hey man - interesting post, I've wondered about this for a while, would it be fair to say with a higher nocking poing and a high wrist grip that the bow will tend to point aim downwards?

I have a high wrist grip and right now - slightly high nock point and the bow seems to want to point down......

Senior Member Eight Point Skeeter 58's Avatar

I just completed my broadhead tuning of my '10 Z28. I had a little trouble getting them to be consistant. I finally shot bare shaft and it showed I need to lower my rest. Did so and bare shaft hit with field points but the arrow was too low for broadheads. Did a retie of the nock set and loop but kept the same nock high angle, about 20% of a bubble. Took it back out and tadah! Mine def likes a slightly nock high but with arrow level with berger holes I'm not sure about.
    Match your rig to da gig